THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Ideal Meeting!  (Read 4193 times)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Your Ideal Meeting!
« on: 21 Mar 2006, 21:04 »

Seeing as how today I missed out on what would have been one of the kick-assingest moments of my life (Going to see Opeth for the second time,which I was unable to do,and in turn meeting guitarist of the band Peter Lindgren,whom my group of acquaintances met in a nearby record store..the rat bastards. He even wished Zac a happy birthday! THAT FUCK.) Anyway,why not describe what would be or what was your ideal and unexpected meeting with your favorite,or at least a well liked,artist? Include pictures if you have them,please!
Hate, rain on me

Kirbo

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2006, 21:10 »

Well, recently I ran into Paul Langlois (Tragically Hip Guitarist) while waiting in line for a CTV show taping I went to for my work. I said "Holy fuck, I'm a huge fan." He laughed, said thanks and we chatted a bit.

Uuuuughhh, better than anything.....save Gord Downie.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2006, 21:14 »

I suppose that the best Indie artists tend to avoid Florida..hipsters must not like the heat. Thank god Sam Beam hails from here..I have a dream.
Hate, rain on me

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Re: Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2006, 06:59 »

After Hiromi preformed in Tel Aviv me and two good friends of mine waited untill everybody left and went up and talked to Hiromi and her bass player Toney Grey. It was really awsome, they're great people and they sat down and talked to us.
I even got a chance to ask Toney Grey about his rig (Fodera custom 6 srings, the bastard).

Quote from: hey_there_fatty
Going to see Opeth for the second time

I just got my Opeth tickets for their concert in Tel Aviv in April's first.
I cant stop smiling!

And I even got them two months after the show sold out and bought them less then what they actually cost.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2006, 08:47 »

Roger Waters in a coffee shop so we could discuss the glory of the Final Cut, covers of his songs, his solo work, Berlin, Communism, Gilmour's solo work and Live 8.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

SeanBateman

Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2006, 09:20 »

Holy Cross Posts, Batman!

There is only one, however, that I would take out to a nice dinner for out first date. Second would be a walk along Third Street Promenade, maybe riding the ferris wheel. 3rd I'd take her to the secret beach north of Zuma. Fourth would be dinner again, but I would cook for her using the stove in my van at the top of Topanga overlook, near the radio tower. We would climb up it with a bottle of wine afterwards, and just drink, talk, and look at the stars. This would be our first kiss. I would be scared to take her to shows, just because I would know the whole time that I was dating a woman who could put them all to shame. But I would be at everyone of her shows, not bragging or backstage, but just looking up in awe at the woman I love.

A year in, we would go on a vacation, somewhere obscure where they wouldn't know her. A place where we could just be ourselves, free from the Camera's glare.
I would ask her to move in with me at a Year and 6 Months. She would graciosuly accept, and we would live together for another year in a decent sized apartment near Venice. We both know we could be living somewhere fancier with the money she has, but we're comfortable where we are.
At 2.5 years, I would ask her to marry me. We would live happily together, her on the Road, me taking care of the kids at home.
The marriage would progress well for about 8 years. Then I would come home one day, earlier than expected, surprisng her on the 11th anniversary of our first date. I would find her in bed with Ben Gibbard and Conor Oberst. At first, I would be struck by disbelife, then rage, and finally dull acceptance. I would turn and leave the room, and the house(we've moved into a bigger place to have room for our kids.)

I would be broken after that. I would spend a year living on the streets on Montana under an assumed name, doing construction work when it came my way, drinking myself stupid, and remaining celibate, despite random attention from bar waitresses and the occasional College Student with an oedipus complex. Then, one day, coming out of a 4 day bender, I have a moment of clarity. I see a poster for a concert, and decide to go randomly, thinking of how long it has been since I have heard any music at all. I do not recognize any of the names on the bill. I get myself cleaned up, get a haircut, and a pack of Camel Reds, knowing that I should look good if I want to make a new start for myself.

The first 2 bands are pathetic, but the headliner sounds interesting. Their Called "The Overlook," and someone told me they had a really great folky twang, and amazing lyrics. When their set started, it was just 3 men on stage, a guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer. I find myself disappointed by the lack of vocals at first, assuming that this is all there is. Suddenly, from the center of the crowd a Harmonica Riff begins. And there she is, walking down the center Aisle. She remains as beatiful as ever, and for a minute it feels my heart will stop. She turns and looks at me, and as our eyes meet, I can feel all the pain and rage wash away. She runs to me, we embrace and kiss. The crowd goes wild, as she finally reluctantly tears away from my embrace, to the stage to finish her set.

While she stands on stage, wiping away tears during the encore, she says "This is a song I haven't played in a while. But there is someone very important to me here tonight, and he's always loved it. So here goes."

"Its 16 miles, to the promise land
and I promise you, I'm doing the best I can
Now don't fool yourself
In thinking you're more than a man
Cause you'll probably end up dead

I visit these
Mountains with frequency
And i stand here with my arms out
Now somedays they'll last longer than others
But this day by the lake went too fast

And if you want me
You better speak up i won't wait
So you better, move fast

Don't fool yourself
In thinking you're more than you are
With your arms outstretched to me

Now its 16 miles to the promised land
And i promise you i'm doing the best i can
Now somedays they last longer than others
But this day by the lake went to fast

And if you want me, you better speak up i won't wait
So you better move fast

And somedays they last longer than others
But this day by the lake went to fast
And if you want me, you better speak up i wont wait
So you better move fast"

Her band can barely play it, not knowing the material from her Rilo Kiley days. The crowd is less than thrilled, since Indie-Folk isn't exactly hot shit anymore. But she did it for me, and I knew, at that point, that no matter what had happened in the past, everything was gonna be okay now.

ASturge

Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2006, 12:02 »

Then you boned right?

THRUSTAAAAAGGGE!

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2006, 12:48 »

Well..meeting Idina Menzel would be pretty awesome.
Hate, rain on me

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2006, 14:39 »

Probably John Petrucci, though Alex Skolnick would be totally awesome too.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2006, 14:54 »

Quote from: ASturge
Then you boned right?

THRUSTAAAAAGGGE!

Dude, you made the same joke in the other thread this story was posted in.

It was only funny once.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2006, 15:31 »

Who is he even talking about?
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

nescience

Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2006, 15:50 »

A big-tittied redhed with an expensive haircut.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2006, 16:44 »

*googles*

ARGH THE SIXTIES HAVE COME TO GET ME.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #13 on: 22 Mar 2006, 17:17 »

My ideal meeting: I find Led Zeppelin at a liquor store, I am invited on the tour as the official groupie taster.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

sjbrot

Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #14 on: 22 Mar 2006, 22:15 »

I once saw Ron Sexsmith walking around downtown Montreal with a croisant and a coffee from Tim Hortons. I was too stunned to speak at the time, so I just kind stared at him with really big eyes. He obviously noticed since he paused for a second, did a little "deer in the headlights" look, nodded, and went along his business.

SeanBateman

Your Ideal Meeting!
« Reply #15 on: 23 Mar 2006, 18:24 »

Quote from: Spinless
And one hella sexy voice.

Jenny Lewis.

Awww.

Spinless.

<3
Pages: [1]   Go Up