THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artists Looking For Writers and Vice Versa  (Read 25527 times)

akd

Artists Looking For Writers and Vice Versa
« on: 22 Mar 2006, 11:48 »

Looking through the forums I've seen a lot of people looking for ideas, or for art tips etc, and I figured, why not a topic where people can post ideas for comics if they need an artist, or artists could post examples of their work if they're interested in drawing for a webcomic.

Like matchmaker.com, only writers/artists 'stead of man/woman.

Any takers?

O, and I'm not looking to self promote here, just figured others could benefit

Kirbo

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2006, 12:30 »

I'd love a good artist, my stick figure strip is nice and all, but sometimes I wish I could draw.

I can write fairly well though.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

akd

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2006, 13:17 »

There we go, forum extraordinaire Kirbo, beloved by the masses, responsible for nearly a 1/4 of 1% of all posts on this site, looking for an artist, aaaaaany takers?

Stifled Dreams

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2006, 13:51 »

Maybe. I can't do anything right now, I'm super-stressed out (can you tell?), but if people are looking for an artist in a few months, I'll see what I can do.

Kirbo

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2006, 14:18 »

Hehe, I do that much eh?

Anyways, I'm in no rush, as well I have nothing more than ideas, and one of them is ridulously implausible. Still, I'll keep checking this thread, it would be neat to do something like this.
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

akd

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2006, 14:31 »

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Stifled Dreams. Can't do much now, but in about July I'll have finished paying off a debt, and will be able to buy a Wacom, and I'll be looking for some drawing work for a webcomic then.

So far...

Kirbo needs an artist.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2006, 16:25 »

Quote from: Kirbo
Hehe, I do that much eh?

Dude, you joined a month ago today and you have 500 posts. Yeah, that's a lot of posting.

Ontopic: If I had any time I would love to try my hand at writing a comic... I would be interested in doing something like http://alessonislearned.com/">A Lesson is Learned…, although I doubt I could match their brilliance.

Kirbo

« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2006, 17:25 »

Quote from: Gryff
Quote from: Kirbo
Hehe, I do that much eh?

Dude, you joined a month ago today and you have 500 posts. Yeah, that's a lot of posting.

Only 499 posts.....oh......never mind.
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

whitnelson

• Not quite a lurker
art is like a hammer
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2006, 08:44 »

my art makes children cry. i therefore support this idea, even though it's the lazy way out. anyone know about some good drawing tutorials online? i know i'll have to stop using the touchpad to draw, but all things, in time, must pass.

-- whit
http://www.comictheory.com

Sean C

« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2006, 09:07 »

If you can write something good, and I mean GOOD, then it might be worth lurking in the Digital Webbing forums to hunt down an artist. Some people there would probably sign on for a webcomic, if for no other reason than to pad their resumes.

akd

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2006, 12:35 »

Hehe, I do that much eh?

Anyways, I'm in no rush, as well I have nothing more than ideas, and one of them is ridulously implausible. Still, I'll keep checking this thread, it would be neat to do something like this.

Nothing is implausible!!! Spill, might interest an artist out thar' in the forums *scans horizon*

Kirbo

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2006, 12:56 »

It's actually more of a movie idea than a comic, but with a comic I could flesh out the story way more, so....

That and it's been done before (About Schmidt mixed with The Squid and the Whale or The Royal Tennebaums)
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

akd

« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2006, 13:33 »

So, not gag-a-day, maybe big ol' weekly installments of drama/plot etc

Kirbo

« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2006, 13:38 »

Not gag-a-day, no. Not to say it can't be funny, but it's more story oriented. Of couse, if that doesn't work for an artist, I'm open to other ideas, gag-a-day just isn't my strong suit.
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

fine_mexican_wine

« Reply #14 on: 28 Mar 2006, 10:05 »

Yes, I'm working on a drama comic, and can handle the art duty itself, but I'm looking for a cowriter, someone to bounce ideas off. I have a long term storey roughed out, and have about 20 comics roughed out, and have the main 5 characters created, with their personalities written up.

anyone interested in working on this? I have a plan to launch in July-August

Kirbo

« Reply #15 on: 28 Mar 2006, 10:47 »

I'd be in.
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

fine_mexican_wine

« Reply #16 on: 28 Mar 2006, 11:46 »

cool, i'll email you

Kirbo

« Reply #17 on: 28 Mar 2006, 11:47 »

I got it, I replied. I have done nothing of use at work yet today.
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

Erik the Hack

« Reply #18 on: 28 Mar 2006, 22:01 »

I was a frustrated writer looking for an artist collaborator for the longest time until I finally sat down and learned how to draw myself (and I owe it all to the book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain).  I would recommend that route for any writer who thinks drawing well is an impossibility, as I used to be that writer.

Sorry, yeah, not quite OT but I wanted to put in my $0.02. :)

thrasher4567

« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2006, 16:39 »

hey, im  a writer, i have 2 ideas for comics right now and am looking for an artist. if your interested email me at [email protected]. have websites for both already and plotlines and few comics written out just need an artist

Fipher

« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2006, 22:27 »

Man, I would love to try to find an artist and get a webcomic going, but I think I need to change my habitual procrastination before I even start looking for an artist for even a weakly.  I'm sure it would be frustrating to any volunteer artist if the script always came in at the last minute.  I'm going to listen to "The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now" by Ritta Emit and really try to change myself that way before I go asking other people for help.

Otherwise, I'm always having story ideas pop into mind throughout the day.  It's just a matter of getting myself to sit down and write it out thats always been a problem.  Perhaps when I fix that and I develop a few stories for an artist to pick from, I'll come back here for a search.

fates_quest

looking for a "practice writer"
« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2006, 16:55 »

ok ... im not exactly looking for a writer or anything ... im just trying to see if anyone would be willing to give me a try as an artist ... im trying to get into artschool ( well i will be in about two years... gotta finish highschool first) to be a computer animator/storyboard artist... i figured that this might be a good way to practice. if anyones interested email me!

[email protected]
thanks a bunch !
kit

BillionSix

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2006, 12:39 »

I have a couple of ideas for comics that I would like to write.

One is a fairly ordinary slice-of-life comic involving a small group of friends.

The other is much more over the top involving magic, high tech, dimensional travel and whatever weirdness I can shoehorn in.

Any artist who wants to hear details, feel free to email me at [email protected]

See ya!

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.

Alegis

« Reply #23 on: 29 May 2006, 13:40 »

As I have some projects going, would like to start of as some co-writer, be it humor, drama ... If you're interested and wish to try me, please e-mail me with ideas you have and I'll try to reply as soon as possible with ideas of my own.

alegis atgmaildot com

TBW

« Reply #24 on: 31 May 2006, 15:27 »

I'm actually looking for an artist for a comic strip that I've started writing. It's called South Happy Town and is about a city called Happy Town where a nineteen year old monkey goes to Jack Rabbit University to study fiction writing. In the town all the characters are adorable furry little critters like Happy. The other characters include a small dinosaur who is his roommate and a sixteen year old kitten that he's dating. While a lot of the strip is intended to be gag humor, I want to build a pretty solid universe with actual plots and some drama. I think the strip could best be described as Purple Pussy meets Life in Hell meets Something Positive. I have some scripts done.

Also, not a furry comic.

kurushio95

« Reply #25 on: 04 Jun 2006, 12:18 »

i'm lookin for an artist for a humorous comic i'll start writing soon. it's basically the adventures on an infant Antichrist, beginning in the womb. email [email protected] if anyone's interested

Marke`

« Reply #26 on: 04 Jun 2006, 20:02 »

@kuru: that sounds a bit like stewie doesnt it? :D Cheers, Marke

kurushio95

« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2006, 19:26 »

while i hold stewie and pintsize in the same stage of uber-cool, i'm taking my little satan in a different direction. plus, stewie's just a megalomaniac. not necessarily the antichrist

Action_franky

« Reply #28 on: 08 Jun 2006, 17:56 »

Quote from: TBW
I'm actually looking for an artist for a comic strip that I've started writing. It's called South Happy Town and is about a city called Happy Town where a nineteen year old monkey goes to Jack Rabbit University to study fiction writing. In the town all the characters are adorable furry little critters like Happy. The other characters include a small dinosaur who is his roommate and a sixteen year old kitten that he's dating. While a lot of the strip is intended to be gag humor, I want to build a pretty solid universe with actual plots and some drama. I think the strip could best be described as Purple Pussy meets Life in Hell meets Something Positive. I have some scripts done.

Also, not a furry comic.

i drwe this tell me if your willing to work with me...

i might be able to work with you
i did a quick pen drawing when i read your post but right now i'm trying to do some work on a comic that i've been working on for quite a bit.  i post back in a week or so as to if i plan to put my comic back on hold for another few months.

Action_franky

« Reply #29 on: 08 Jun 2006, 17:57 »

yeah thats a pretty crappy drawing i'll redo it some time tonight.

TBW

« Reply #30 on: 08 Jun 2006, 20:11 »

Quote from: Action_franky

i drwe this tell me if your willing to work with me...

[AWESOME DRAWING!!]

i might be able to work with you
i did a quick pen drawing when i read your post but right now i'm trying to do some work on a comic that i've been working on for quite a bit.  i post back in a week or so as to if i plan to put my comic back on hold for another few months.
That's some awesome art right there sir!!

The characters are actually intended to be a little more human looking, but I do love your style. I sorta have an artist right now but I have some problems with him and he's kind of a jerk.

E-mail me at [email protected]. E-mail more samples of your work if you can and I'll e-mail you back the character/story bible and some of scripts if you're interested in playing around more with the designs.

Also, if you're able to work on a 2 or 3 comics-a-week schedule then that would be awesome.

Action_franky

« Reply #31 on: 12 Jun 2006, 09:42 »

oops sorry totaly forgot i posted here.

yah i played with some more pics i'll email you today.

keep in touch!

TrueNeutral

« Reply #32 on: 12 Jun 2006, 10:00 »

Quote from: Erik the Hack
I was a frustrated writer looking for an artist collaborator for the longest time until I finally sat down and learned how to draw myself (and I owe it all to the book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain).  I would recommend that route for any writer who thinks drawing well is an impossibility, as I used to be that writer.

Sorry, yeah, not quite OT but I wanted to put in my $0.02. :)

I completely agree with this. Except, I just owe it to copying different artists and reading some websites.

I'd offer my services, but I'm already working with someone.

TBW

« Reply #33 on: 12 Jun 2006, 21:48 »

Quote from: Action_franky
oops sorry totaly forgot i posted here.

yah i played with some more pics i'll email you today.

keep in touch!
Awesome! Can't wait to see your stuff!

whitnelson

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Artists Looking For Writers and Vice Versa
« Reply #34 on: 08 Jul 2010, 10:50 »

I used to think this way, but then I thought: What was I thinking?

If you don't try you'll never get good. If you never get good, then you'll die alone in prison.

Or not.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #35 on: 09 Jul 2010, 23:53 »

Please don't bring back 4 year old threads. I know this subforum doesn't move that fast, but seriously.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #36 on: 10 Jul 2010, 01:53 »

Hey look it's gryff
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

SuperRad

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #37 on: 15 Jul 2010, 06:39 »

I'm the artist for dish-comic.com and as of yet, its been 3 panel gag strips twice weekly. We've been trying to do a story, but my mind just doesn't work that way. Characters, plots, developments...I just don't have the cognitive patience to think of it. We need a WRITER!

Hustler

• Emoticontraindication
    • Nuclear Powered Toaster- A light-hearted look at a rather dark future.
« Reply #38 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:57 »

We're artist-less (again) at Nuclear Powered Toaster, and I suppose it's time to see if someone else is interested in taking up the mantle.  I'm also available for people looking for writers (e-mail me at the address in my profile), although in my experience that's a lot less common than writers looking for artists.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 21:14 by Hustler »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Parlezlibrement

« Reply #40 on: 31 May 2011, 13:30 »

Huh, well, I hope I don't get in trouble for posting to something that has not been posted to in over a year. Anyway...

I'm a writer, least I consider myself one. Currently I am working on a fantasy novel, but for years I've been interested in starting up a webcomic. I've come up with at least two good ideas specifically intended for such a format. But I can't draw. I've tried. My talent is coming up with characters, creating their personality and their looks, but I can't draw any of it. Looking for an artist to bring them to life. No big requirements. Just be open to new or strange ideas. Having an interest in or even able to draw anime/manga is a plus, but not required. Again, its not required. I'm also willing to work with any potential partner on coming up with a new idea together instead of using one of my already developed/planned ideas. I'm full of possibilities. I like to write, after all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up