THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic Plugging Thread 2k5  (Read 87143 times)

Cap'n Treacherous

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.pressstartcomic.com
Comic Plugging Thread 2k5
« Reply #250 on: 13 Apr 2006, 11:54 »

This is a plug for Press Start.  We're a gaming based webcomic with a trio of repressed male nerds who share a house. I hope this doesn't sound familiar already, but we promise to tread new and exciting ground the more comics we add. Feel free to post on our forums and let us know how crappy our art and writing are. Or how awesome we are, if you want to be generous. We take it all.

Regards,

Cap'n Treacherous

Writer/storyboard for Press Start

www.pressstartcomic.com

*This post is redirected from my standalone thread that's garnered some negative attention.  Posting it here for further negative attention
"He was a zombie?"

Jamhos

« Reply #251 on: 16 Apr 2006, 05:16 »

Wow Jeph, you really have a lot of comics! I had QC recommended to me not long back and I've been hooked ever since! Although I am STILL not through all the archives (up to #463). Anyway, QC, along with a bit of Ctrl-Alt-Del, inspired me to start drawing my own webcomic. It's pretty random at the moment, with the main characters being 'Bob' the Leet Nazi and some random Zulus (only 5 comics so far) but I'm hopefully getting a proper storyline going soon! Its pretty violent so far (Bob has died in every comic) but hopefully that will change soon too! Anyway, I would love feedback, and I have my own forum for it! Hope you enjoy it!

Undesirable Information. (I'm hoping to come up with a new name soon). Oh yeah, updates are random, as I'm busy with Year 12, but usually once a week or so.

Please please please tell me what you think I really want to improve... stuff.

sic

« Reply #252 on: 19 Apr 2006, 14:54 »

First I became hooked on Order of the Stick, then someone introduced me to QC, then Ctrl-alt-del, and pretty soon I was very addicted to a bunch of really great webcomics.

The more I read, the more I realized that I wanted to make one of my own. Problem is, I knew the whole drawing thing would really stand in my way, what with not having much talent, or patience for said lack of talent.

Then one day, while going through some boxes of junk, I realized I had quite a collection of action figures. A disturbing number, really, for a man nearing his 30th birthday. That was when an idea started forming in my head that would become:

"misplaced"

It's still an infant as far as webcomics go, having only just started it in January, and am only 13 episodes in so far. It's partly a parody of a current popular television show, but I'm making sure to keep it as its own entity as well.

I try to update every monday, and I'm still working on the rest of the website, so there's no forum or other bells and whistles at the moment, but I hope to rectify that in the near future. I'm not really out to become a webcomic sensation, as the market is pretty flooded. I mostly do this for myself and a small group of friends who seem to think it's alright.

Thanks for checking it out, those who do, and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy making it.

sic

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #253 on: 02 May 2006, 15:08 »

Well since I uploaded my 5th page today, I feel it's time to start some deliberate pluggin' of my comic. It's called The Vanguard and it's a combo of the superhero and sci-fi space opera genres. I always loved super-team comics like Justice League, Avengers and X-Men and I also enjoyed Star Trek and Star Wars. So I created a comic that I hope will reflect the best elements of both.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #254 on: 04 May 2006, 17:30 »

so a couple years ago, my friend jerrit wrote a story about the end of the world. civilization kinda falls apart, and he and a group of our friends (including me) band together to survive. i just finished the prologue (all of 5 pages) and am in the midst of drawing the cover for chapter one. it's called De Svaga och de Starka, 'the weak and the strong' in.. sweedish? something like that, jerrit knows it a little. anyway.. please check it out, i'd love any thoughts or suggestions.

http://desvaga-destarka.blogspot.com
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

davun

The Book of Bob!
« Reply #255 on: 09 May 2006, 21:41 »

Hi everyone, here is my own plug, something I have been developing for a long time, and am really excited about.  It's found here :

http://www.thebookofbob.net

a brief description : Bob exists as a comment on modern life and sensibility.  Whether comic, sad, or even pointing towards philosophy, there is a strong sympathy for Bob in each work, as he struggles to make the best of each situation.  It is this bond with the character that makes Bob so memorable.

Bob also shows us a refreshingly bright side to human suffering, by reminding us that pain is something everyone has to deal with.  Even Bob.

Anyway, hope you like it, and please leave any feedback here, or on my website directly.  Thanks!!

Jamerz

« Reply #256 on: 16 May 2006, 20:17 »

I figured I could plug my comic here. I have been lurking around the forums for a while and I finally decided to register. I

The Ramen Generation
The Ramen Generation Forums

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #257 on: 16 May 2006, 21:13 »

2k5 is like, so last year, guys
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up