THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tripod- an Auzzie comedy band  (Read 2094 times)

Chainsaw Bloke A

Tripod- an Auzzie comedy band
« on: 26 Mar 2006, 04:56 »

I just thought I'd take the oppetrunity to tell everyone about Tripod, my faviourate comedic band, who are also brilliant stand-up comedians.

As the name suggests, Tripod has three members; Scod- guitar/vocals/glasses (Scott Edgar), Yon- Vocals/silly voices/ impersonations (Simon Hall) and Gatesy- vocals/puns/hair (Steven Gates). They started off as a band that played covers of popular songs at bar gigs, but they played badly and usually were laughed off the stage. So they figured that if people were going to laugh at them anyway, they may as well get laughed at deliberately, and it developed into what they are today.

Tripod specialize in improvisation, satire and parody, and their live shows include quite a large ammount of audience interaction. They appear anually at the Melboure Comedy Festival, and were part of the sketch show- Skit House.

During the years 2003 and 2004, Tripod appeared weekly on the 'Tripple J breakfast show', where thay would take part in the 'tripod song ing an hour challeng'. They were given a number of topics (usually current events, such as the Queen's trip to Australia whic happened to coincide with the travel schedule of Bill Clinton), and then were given an hour to write a song that included all of the topics, which they would then perform live.

Currently, tripod have released 6 CD's (Box Set, Open Slather, About an Hour of Songs in an Hour About an Hour of Songs in an Hour Again, Fegh Maha and Middleborough Rd) and one video (Tripod Tell the Tale of the Adventures of Tosswinkle the Pirate, Not Very Well), all of which I own, bar Box Set, which went out of production before I know about them. I have also been lucky enough to catch one of their live shows (Tripod are Self-Saucing) on a yr 12 school camp, bloody halarious! (I scored a signed copy of Fegh Maha out of it too!!)

Edit- Forgot to mention, their website is http://www.3pod.com.au/podhome/

Houdinimachine

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.myspace.com/houdinimachine/
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2006, 10:14 »

I saw a video of them online singing about a guy playing video games and trying to put off going to bed with his wife. It WAS pretty funny.
She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

Shaft

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Bass Cleft
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2006, 14:32 »

New member... Plugging a band... Something's not right here Scotty... Keep your vile advertisments away from me!
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

Chainsaw Bloke A

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2006, 17:28 »

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! I shall corrupt all you your music tastes, and replace them with my own perculiar choice of 'listening noise'! None can stop me (except for the moderators, admin, viruses, bad spelling, connection prolems, my cat, people who ask me politely to stop, the secon comming, planet-wide electrical failiour, work, etc)!

I saw a video of them online singing about a guy playing video games and trying to put off going to bed with his wife. It WAS pretty funny.

Yeah, tha was the XBox song, or 'Gonna make you happy tonight'. He wasn't putting off going to bed with his wife/girlfriend, so much as he ws addicted to playing the XBox he bought for her. Not one of my all-time faviourates, but still a good song. I much preferred 'Second Draw Down', which is about how all the worlds storage problems can be fixed by putting everything into the second draw down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up