- 0 (0%)
Red Scorpion
- 0 (0%)
A Better Tomarrow II
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: 27 Mar 2006, 20:08

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hong Kong "Blood Opera" movies  (Read 4772 times)

That guy

Hong Kong "Blood Opera" movies
« on: 27 Mar 2006, 20:08 »

For those of you who don't know...

A "Blood Opera"  is a style of film that John Woo and Chow Yun-Fat popularized in the late 1980's.  It basically involves five things; lots of guns, more fake blood than Dead Alive, A body count that would rival six horror movies, one guy who never gets hit by bullets and never reloading unless it is dramatically significant.  It is up their with Film Noir as a lost art in film making.  Although, certain current films have added aspects of Film Noir such as The Usual Suspects and Momento, but I digress.  

I just wanted to know if anyone else had a love for these movies other than myself and a few other.

I'm adding a few American movies that seem to fit the mold, but please feel free to critisize my moveis or add more of your own.  I like confrontation.  It's one of the more interesting aspects of life.  But don't ou dare add Die Hard.  There were not enough dead people to classify it as a "Blood Opera".  

For those of you keeping score, my favorite has got to be the movie that holds the record for most on screen deaths (non-war movies that is) of 230, known in some circles as God of Guns, Hard Boilded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up