THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 04:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Scary Games  (Read 25624 times)

elcapitan

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Scary Games
« on: 29 Mar 2006, 05:37 »

What games have you guys played that really, truly creeped you out?

The reason I ask is that I'm halfway through Clive Barker's Undying, having just found my old CD. Even by today's standards, the graphics in this game are passable, but the atmosphere is bloody amazing. I've never played a game that pulled off the haunted house feel better.

What else?

minignome

Scary Games
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2006, 05:58 »

I think somebody was talking about this in another thread somewhere, but I know that Condemned for 360 has been seriously difficult for me to play alone in the dark.

elcapitan

Scary Games
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2006, 06:03 »

Actually, please tell me that people here remember the original Alone In The Dark. I spent too much time reading H.P. Lovecraft as a kid, and that game was awesome - pretty spooky as well.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
Scary Games
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2006, 07:37 »

GODDAM!  Ive been trying to get my roommates to try Undying since they both like spooky shit.  One wont play it because its old and the other wont play it because he didn't think of it first.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Sideways

Scary Games
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2006, 10:08 »

Fatal Frame was pretty freakin' scary.  Doom3 was too, for awhile... just because of how bloody dark everything was.  It had that 'ZOMG, WHERE DID HE COME FROM?!?" scare-factor to it.

I also thought that playing as the Humans in AvP2 was probably one of the scariest experiences.  Playing as Aliens or Predator you felt like some sort of hunter... stalking from the shadows, killing without mercy.  The humans, however, always felt like they were the ones BEING stalked.  Friggin creepy.

nihilist

Scary Games
« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2006, 10:37 »

Doom 3 was pretty decent from the use of darkness and sound.  Otherwise, it sucked ass.  FEAR was pretty good with interspercing some scary shit with the regular killin'.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Scary Games
« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2006, 16:46 »

i remember one of the silent hill games scared me alot more than any others in the series. i dont remember which one. the one when you start out in the carnival or whatever and theres the dead pink bunny mascot just chillin there. it took me like ten minutes to walk past that guy cause i kept thinking he was gonna stand up and stumble my way. but he never did. men in bunny suits are scary dead, alive, or undead.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
Scary Games
« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2006, 17:01 »

Maybe I'm making the "not a cool gamer" reply, but I thought the first few Resident Evil games were scary as hell.

soap

Scary Games
« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2006, 18:10 »

doom3 had some great tense moments ... but then ruined them with loads of cheapshot *BANG ITS BEHIND YOU* moments

i'm gonna join rubby and say my first plays through resident evil and silent hill were both pretty damn scary.
what can i say? i was young and i got sucked into them both far too deeply, plus they are/were both bloody fantastic games.

Sideways

Scary Games
« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2006, 08:12 »

I only played the first two Silent Hill games, and they scared the living crap out of me.  

I think the first time in the first Silent Hill when I found myself in a hospital, and suddenly the walls were switching on me... going from plaster to metal, with gore dripping and bloodsmears... and those fucking children who you could barely see up ahead in the dark, that would laugh, then turn and start running at you.... JESUS.  I remember that part very well... VERY tense!

Solstice

Scary Games
« Reply #10 on: 30 Mar 2006, 20:44 »

This might get me laughed at (or strange looks, at least), but...

System Shock (1 or 2)

Zombies, cyborgs, robot-ninjas (AHH!)... at the very least its an extremely tense game. But for me the freakiest part has always been the big bad bitch herself, Shodan. That horribly distorted voice mocking you every step of the way...

"Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

*shudder*
Good stuff, amazing game.

Its too bad we'll probably never see Shodan again... Bioshock just won't be the same without her :(

Rubby

Scary Games
« Reply #11 on: 31 Mar 2006, 12:41 »

Fucking Sanitarium! That game was scary and I dont care what anyone else has to say about it.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
Scary Games
« Reply #12 on: 31 Mar 2006, 13:27 »

Maniac Mansion creeped me out.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

books_out_loud

Scary Games
« Reply #13 on: 31 Mar 2006, 16:17 »

the Silent Hill games were my favorite "scary" videogames. Fatal Frame 1 and 2 were some other great contenders, but for any game to be really scary, play it at 3 AM, with headphones and no lights.

Scandanavian War Machine- i'm pretty sure that was silent hill 3

elcapitan

Scary Games
« Reply #14 on: 31 Mar 2006, 22:30 »

Quote from: mberan42
Maniac Mansion creeped me out.

Really? I laughed my ass off at that game.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Scary Games
« Reply #15 on: 31 Mar 2006, 23:40 »

I remember Maniac Mansion scaring me, but probably because I was like 6 at the time.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Scary Games
« Reply #16 on: 02 Apr 2006, 18:05 »

The Clock Tower series contains the only games that have ever truly frightened me.
Hate, rain on me

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Scary Games
« Reply #17 on: 02 Apr 2006, 18:12 »

Silent Hill was really creepy to me, and I loved it dearly.

EDIT: And yes, SYSTEM SHOCK. Bloody amazing game.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

The Cosmic Fool

Scary Games
« Reply #18 on: 02 Apr 2006, 19:46 »

I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here, but the game "Titanic: Adventure Out of Time" scared the living hell out of me. I played it when I was like 13, and for some reason, I will never be able to play it again.

For those who have never heard of it, the graphics are really bad for a partial 3D game, and when you zoom in close, characters faces look deformed. It's especially bad when you're down in 3rd class, alone, with freaky piano music playing while you're trying to find out what's going down on this ship.

When you get down to this part in the boiler room, you meet this Vlad guy, and once you say the wrong thing, he quickly pulls out a wrench and kills you. It's amazing how fast he does it. And when you've been listening to the same piano death song for like 2 hours, it makes you edgy.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Scary Games
« Reply #19 on: 02 Apr 2006, 19:49 »

I think that just out of principle I'm going to have to find that game.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

The Hammered

Scary Games
« Reply #20 on: 02 Apr 2006, 22:32 »

Quote from: Sideways
I think the first time in the first Silent Hill when I found myself in a hospital, and suddenly the walls were switching on me... going from plaster to metal, with gore dripping and bloodsmears... and those fucking children who you could barely see up ahead in the dark, that would laugh, then turn and start running at you.... JESUS.  I remember that part very well... VERY tense!

Yeah, me too. So fucking disturbing.

Also, Thief (the original, and some fan missions) scared the living daylights out of me. It doesn't any more, but I was scared shitless when I played Cragscleft, the sword mission and the first Haunted Cathedral mission in particular.

Actually, I confess that Bafford's manor used to have the same effect on me as well.

Hustler

• Emoticontraindication
    • Nuclear Powered Toaster- A light-hearted look at a rather dark future.
Scary Games
« Reply #21 on: 02 Apr 2006, 22:49 »

Quote from: Rubby
Maybe I'm making the "not a cool gamer" reply, but I thought the first few Resident Evil games were scary as hell.

Nah, I agree.  First time I remember being scared by a game was in the first Resident Evil.  My friend and I were playing it, just going through a room that we had cleared long ago, and then all of a sudden one of those damn spiders crawls out on the wall from around the corner (the room was more of an L-shaped hallway, really).  It gave us both the heebie-jeebies, just because we were completely unprepared.  I'm pretty sure whichever of us actually had the controller ended up using far more ammo than was necessary to kill him, just to make sure he wasn't getting back up.

Also, Mr. X from RE 2 was pretty creepy.  Especially when he shows up in that little Factory area.  I won't say too much about that, don't want to ruin it, but it was pretty awesome.

Solstice

Scary Games
« Reply #22 on: 03 Apr 2006, 00:52 »

Quote from: The Hammered
Also, Thief (the original, and some fan missions) scared the living daylights out of me. It doesn't any more, but I was scared shitless when I played Cragscleft, the sword mission and the first Haunted Cathedral mission in particular.

Actually, I confess that Bafford's manor used to have the same effect on me as well.

Oooh shit thats a good one I totally forgot about. Thief has had some REALLY good scary missions, both official and fan made. Most of the undead (especially those goddamn skeleton things that sound like rattling chains when they move, and if they spot you they rush you inhumanly fast, screaming, and waving their big hammers about....GOD I hate those things.) are pretty freaky.

And if you've played Thief 3 (say what you will fanbois, its still pretty good despite the rampant Xboxation), there is one mission thats the king of all scary in that game... the Shalebridge orphanage, better known as The Cradle. Playing that, at 1 am alone in your room with the lights low and headphone volume up, will make you shit your pant(ie)s.

That level is bloody terrifying. First time through I was shaking SO bad (especially ascending the stairs to the 'attic') I had to stop at least twice.
It holds a record for me too - on a subsequent playthrough I actually screamed while in the prison/dorm area - and thats the only time I recall doing so in a game. It was just a perfectly timed coincidence, really. I came to a door leading to another hallway, peeked through the little window to make sure the hall was clear, and then hurredly set about picking the lock. Partway through the lights started flickering, meaning trouble was near. I started getting a little nervous fumbling with this lock, but eventually got the job done. Finished, I stood up again which let me look through the window... and one of those goddamn creepy chattering electroshock victims was staring right back at me. I swear to god my head touched the roof, I jumped so fucking high... and immediately spun a 180, dove into an adjacent room (just as the door I was picking opened), ran to the darkest corner of the room, hit escape, and damn near fell out of my chair. I had to walk around the house for like five minutes just to calm down, and then check my shorts before I went back to playing.

That was some good shit... and I know it's been said on forums elsewhere, but whomever is responsible for that particular level deserves a goddamn award. All of em. 'Tis nothing short of amazing.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble but Hammered there managed to jog my memory. :D

Valrus

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • moo hoo ha ha
Scary Games
« Reply #23 on: 03 Apr 2006, 10:22 »

Myst.

Also, Super Metroid, mostly just because the atmosphere was so well done. The Wrecked Ship and the dissolving Metroid-drained beasties in Tourian are just two examples that spring to my mind.
Quote from: Johnny C
Whatever you give up for Lent, it better not be your day job.

Rubby

Scary Games
« Reply #24 on: 03 Apr 2006, 11:49 »

Yeah I supose Super Metroid is pretty freaky. I've never really thought of it that way.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Scary Games
« Reply #25 on: 03 Apr 2006, 13:57 »

here's a couple lesser known horror titles, both jap.

Forbidden Siren
Kuon

My friend found both these games to be scarier than any Silent Hill.
also israel

Shadowlink137

Scary Games
« Reply #26 on: 05 Apr 2006, 15:25 »

I'm surprised no1 has mentioned it yet, but RE: 4 was really freaky. Especially when the thing in the bag started jumpin around. I basically crapped my pants.

Also the regenerators, the first time I shot off the leg of one of them to run by before I could kill it, IT JUMPED AT ME AND TRIED TO RAPE ME. I swear that freaked me out to no end. I couldn't sleep that night.

soap

Scary Games
« Reply #27 on: 05 Apr 2006, 15:58 »

Quote from: Hustler

Nah, I agree.  First time I remember being scared by a game was in the first Resident Evil.  My friend and I were playing it, just going through a room that we had cleared long ago, and then all of a sudden one of those damn spiders crawls out on the wall from around the corner (the room was more of an L-shaped hallway, really).  It gave us both the heebie-jeebies, just because we were completely unprepared.  I'm pretty sure whichever of us actually had the controller ended up using far more ammo than was necessary to kill him, just to make sure he wasn't getting back up.

Also, Mr. X from RE 2 was pretty creepy.  Especially when he shows up in that little Factory area.  I won't say too much about that, don't want to ruin it, but it was pretty awesome.

all of this is making me really want to go back to my parents, dig out my old ps and rock these games, which is of course a very good thing :)

Hustler

• Emoticontraindication
Scary Games
« Reply #28 on: 05 Apr 2006, 16:09 »

Quote from: soap
Quote from: Hustler

all of this is making me really want to go back to my parents, dig out my old ps and rock these games, which is of course a very good thing :)

Yeah, the early RE games might not have been as action-packed as RE4, but they're still masterpieces of atmosphere and suspense, and they have pretty good stories too.  Especially the second one.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Scary Games
« Reply #29 on: 05 Apr 2006, 16:49 »

When playing the re-make of RE 1 on the Gamecube for the first time do not think to yourself just after the game starts:

"Oh it's pretty fun when you open the door and the dog jumps in but you slam the door on it's face"

because you'd played the PS version and knew that this happened.

The dog does not get a door slammed on it's face.

soap

Scary Games
« Reply #30 on: 05 Apr 2006, 18:25 »

the scariest thing about RE1 for the ps was the acting
"barry. where's barry?"
"it's blood."
it was like the acting in garth marenghis dark place or something, only not a joke.

i kinda lost interest after i played the second one to death, in every combination of ways i could manage. i really loved that game.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Scary Games
« Reply #31 on: 05 Apr 2006, 18:27 »

JILL SANDWIIICH
also israel

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Scary Games
« Reply #32 on: 05 Apr 2006, 19:42 »

I second the Haunted Cathedral mission from Thief.  Haven't played Deadly Shadows.

Quote from: Solstice & Kai
System Shock

System Shock was an amazing game and I love it dearly and wish to hell that I still had it, but . . . I never found it scary.  For me, if you know your character's going to get revived after he gets killed it takes about 95% of the fear factor out of the game.

Also: SHODAN WAS FEMALE?!?!  (I only ever played 1, never got 2)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Scary Games
« Reply #33 on: 05 Apr 2006, 20:57 »

Giant sledgehammer-wielding freak murders a little girl in a pink dress by chasing her around her own home and eventually smashing her melon in,then tossing the body down the stairs at you,hurrying down and looking right in your face,proclaiming in a demented,almost lustful voice. "I KILLED HER!"
 Clock Tower 3.
Hate, rain on me

Solstice

Scary Games
« Reply #34 on: 06 Apr 2006, 01:01 »

Quote from: Inlander
Quote from: Solstice & Kai
System Shock

System Shock was an amazing game and I love it dearly and wish to hell that I still had it, but . . . I never found it scary.  For me, if you know your character's going to get revived after he gets killed it takes about 95% of the fear factor out of the game.

Also: SHODAN WAS FEMALE?!?!  (I only ever played 1, never got 2)

She sure was! :D

The immortal SHODAN was voiced by Terri Brosius, wife of one of the LGS/Irrational guys, Eric Brosius. She (Terri) also did Viktoria (from Thief), as well as other characters in System Shock 2, Thief 2, Thief 3, Deus Ex 2, and Freedom Force.

I hope this link works (finding a free host for a 1 meg file sucks), but here's her as SHODAN. Just imagine being suddenly "emailed" by this... thing... after you've been chased around by zombies and robots for the past few hours. BTW: SPOILER WARNING! Ok, so its not actually a spoiler clip if you've ever read a pre/re-view of the game, but it sorta hints at something you might not otherwise know. Mostly it just shows how much they distort "her" voice and just how irritatingly fucking arrogant the "character" is (part of why she's such an awesome baddie!). Turn it up reaal loud for full effect too. ;)

Clicky (direct link, right click it etc)

I know its not like a super satanic YOU WILL DIE message, but being consistantly pestered/insulted/goaded/threatened by that bitch as you run your ass off just trying to stay alive is all kinds of intense. Scary probably isn't the right word - creepy would certainly fit better. Maybe its more of a total-package experience though... I know im doing a terrible job of selling it. Ohwell. I still loved System Shock (part 2 moreso than 1... I know, its heresy, but I played 2 before 1 so thems how the chips fell for me), and most definitly was thoroughly creeped out scurrying around space stations and space ships like a, well, insect. :)

BigSteve

Scary Games
« Reply #35 on: 06 Apr 2006, 01:02 »

I never want to go back to the apartents in Silent Hill 2 again.

I don't know if it was just me, but they scared the crap out of me.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
Scary Games
« Reply #36 on: 06 Apr 2006, 01:10 »

Am I the only person who found "We don't go to Ravenholme" in HL2 scary as fuck? I played that section through, on my own, at night. It was scary (and somewhat amusing when I found the sawblades).

I also really enjoyed RE and the Japanese one where you had to take photographs of ghosts to hurt them. Problem was, you could only see the ghosts through the camera... scary madness.

I really want to play RE4. I take it it's worth getting out?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Inlander

• coprophage
Scary Games
« Reply #37 on: 06 Apr 2006, 01:10 »

Solstice, I'll take your word for it.  It seems like your scary experiences are mainly derived from playing System Shock 2 which, as previously established, I've never played.

Solstice

Scary Games
« Reply #38 on: 06 Apr 2006, 02:50 »

Ahh yes, Ravenholme was fun too! Those damn superfast monkeyninja zombies that climb all over everything and jump like 20 feet through the air to claw your face off. Good stuff. Shotgun heaven too!

Oh and Indlander, don't mind me im just a SS freak ;). The games were simply way ahead of their times so I tend to get a little fanboish about them. Also, I don't usually play a lot of horror style games. They're so rarely done right on the PC it seems.

PS: Would Diablo 1 count? Maybe it was just my age, but that game got my heart pounding fairly frequently. Especially the damn Butcher. RAWRGH, FRESH MEAT! Whee. Here's hoping D3 returns to its horror inspired roots! (Yeah right, like the marketing boys will let them put an "M" label on it. Pfft.)

Inlander

• coprophage
Scary Games
« Reply #39 on: 06 Apr 2006, 05:00 »

Please, fanboy away!  If I still had System Shock I'd probably still be playing it every other month.

Hustler

• Emoticontraindication
Scary Games
« Reply #40 on: 06 Apr 2006, 05:35 »

Quote from: Solstice
Ahh yes, Ravenholme was fun too! Those damn superfast monkeyninja zombies that climb all over everything and jump like 20 feet through the air to claw your face off. Good stuff. Shotgun heaven too!

Oh and Indlander, don't mind me im just a SS freak ;). The games were simply way ahead of their times so I tend to get a little fanboish about them. Also, I don't usually play a lot of horror style games. They're so rarely done right on the PC it seems.

PS: Would Diablo 1 count? Maybe it was just my age, but that game got my heart pounding fairly frequently. Especially the damn Butcher. RAWRGH, FRESH MEAT! Whee. Here's hoping D3 returns to its horror inspired roots! (Yeah right, like the marketing boys will let them put an "M" label on it. Pfft.)

Yeah, Diablo had it a bit, although I'd call it more of a startling element than out and out scary.  The first time you opened the door to the Butcher's den was definitely an experience, that's for sure.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Scary Games
« Reply #41 on: 06 Apr 2006, 08:18 »

The butcher was all kinds of fun though. The game kinda went downhill after that I thought though, 'cause you just were too powerful and you could kick anything ass once you'd got further on in the game.

:-) I loved it how sometimes you'd start and you wouldn't get the butcher as a mission, and then the times you did get him you'd be like "YEAH!"

Hustler

• Emoticontraindication
Scary Games
« Reply #42 on: 06 Apr 2006, 08:38 »

Quote from: Nolaw_Nocrime
The butcher was all kinds of fun though. The game kinda went downhill after that I thought though, 'cause you just were too powerful and you could kick anything ass once you'd got further on in the game.

:-) I loved it how sometimes you'd start and you wouldn't get the butcher as a mission, and then the times you did get him you'd be like "YEAH!"

For me it was a much more gradual thing to get that strong, because I was playing it on the PlayStation and thus couldn't really save the game (it took almost an entire memory card, about 10 blocks out of 15 total).  You could save characters though, so I would do that.  But that really made it a slow process, having to start from the first level all the time.  Also allowed me to see pretty much all the missions, though.  And I killed the Butcher many, many times.  Sometimes in one hit.

Rubby

Scary Games
« Reply #43 on: 06 Apr 2006, 12:27 »

I think I'm the only person that didn't find Diablo fun. It's just that I need a little more substance from a game then "go down a level, kill all the bad guys. Go down a level, kill a the bad guys. Go down a level..."

soap

Scary Games
« Reply #44 on: 06 Apr 2006, 15:56 »

I need a little more substance from a game then "go down a level, kill all the bad guys. Go down a level, kill a the bad guys. Go down a level..."

that's why i gave up on doom3 half way through... it had so much potential but once you get into the game every level is basically exactly the same.
really glad i borrowed it from my housemate instead of spending £30 on a copy of my own.

Bunnyman

Scary Games
« Reply #45 on: 06 Apr 2006, 20:44 »

The bit in Doom3 where you're walking through a pitch black area and the only light is a guy walking in front of you with a lantern was BRILLIANT.  To hell with lights that bounce around when you shoot them, THAT was a great demonstration of dynamic lights.  Too bad the game didn't have more masterful moments like that.

Shock 2 was a masterpiece of atmosphere creation.  It wasn't as outright scary so much as creating a pervading sense of dread that didn't let up.  But the midwives were fucking creepy.

Heart of Evil for Half-Life got really wierd later on, and was creepy as fuck.  Remember the Female Assassin bits from Half Life 1?  Same thing, but this time there are five of them, and instead of rooms full of crates and nicely defined edges, you're looking at scraggly jungle where these guys blend right into.  Absolutely terrifying.  Especially when...hmm, don't want to spoil it.

Vietcong (despite having zero sci-fi elements) had a handful of intense moments.  For example, after sloping through endless VC tunnels, you come out in the middle of a village at night, massacre the four VC there, and must run through pitch-black jungle where your flashlight does nothing  but give away your position and visibility is about ten feet.  Then you get to  the temple LZ and shoot off a flare, holding hordes more VC at bay for the couple of minutes the helicopter takes to arrive.

Solstice

Scary Games
« Reply #46 on: 07 Apr 2006, 00:16 »

Ooh, how about Unreal 1 and 2? When you first meet the Skaarj. In both games you're humming along in an elevator when suddenly it stops and the lights go out... god thats a bad feeling. You almost feel claustrophobic, stuck in a tin box with some huge beast trying to rip the roof open. Yeesh.

soap

Scary Games
« Reply #47 on: 07 Apr 2006, 00:32 »

Quote from: Bunnyman
The bit in Doom3 where you're walking through a pitch black area and the only light is a guy walking in front of you with a lantern was BRILLIANT.  To hell with lights that bounce around when you shoot them, THAT was a great demonstration of dynamic lights.  Too bad the game didn't have more masterful moments like that.

that bit was fantastic, they should really have tried to have more immersive moments like that to really up the tension and make you think about what you were playing rather than the endless "get a bigger gun" blasting gameplay that comprised the rest of the it.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Scary Games
« Reply #48 on: 07 Apr 2006, 01:06 »

Zork Nemisis creeped me out a fair bit.

The games that have damaged me the most aren't scary games by defintion but have scary parts which have scarred me emotionaly.

Space Quest 4 Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers.
Theres this one bit at the start, where if you walk near this zombie looking guy, theres a little cinematic of him screaming, and you see like that dangly thing at the back of his throat. As a young child that's the scariest fucking thing in the universe.

Also Zack McCrackin. Scariest shit ever.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Scary Games
« Reply #49 on: 11 Apr 2006, 15:03 »

Silent Hill is the single most terrifying series I've ever played. I love it to hell. It's the only game that caused me to jump across a room and nearly crap my pants.

Plus, the plot of Silent Hill 2 was so horribly twisted and Pyramidhead is the freakiest villian ever.

I can't wait for the movie later this month.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up