THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 17:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chromehounds  (Read 3250 times)

Garcin

Chromehounds
« on: 24 Aug 2006, 12:31 »

Any of you peeps playing this out there in "real world" land?  I'm almost done the single player (I haven't been playing it much) but the multiplayer is supposed to be epic, and it would be really cool to get a QC unit together.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Chromehounds
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2006, 13:44 »

I got this game two days ago, and I started getting through the single player missions to open up more part (I'm almost finished with the sniper tree and about halfway through the soldier), but I can't get on Live yet because my modem is hella old. I need to get a router or a modem with an ethernet port before I can play online, but I would be totally down with joining a QC group.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Garcin

Chromehounds
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2006, 14:07 »

Sniper is fun, if easy.  I can pretty much guarantee that you will find long-range gunner or whatever they call that RT quite annoying.  You can only rarely hit a target by actually -- targeting it, so a lot of it is shooting in the air and adjusting aim -- it's basically like trying to play Battleship with a Chromehound mounted rail gun (that's rail gun as in gun on a train in WWII not rail gun as in the movie Eraser).  I'm on the last session now and it's easy but really boring on single player, since all you see is the radar, and you're ordering around robots.  I could see how it could be savagely fun on multi-player though.

Sarcasmorator

Chromehounds
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2006, 15:05 »

Hell yes, let's do this. We should agree on a nation and a squad name.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Chromehounds
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2006, 16:14 »

If only Xbox 360s werent so damn expensive, I would so be down for this. I love mech games.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Sarcasmorator

Chromehounds
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2006, 16:57 »

Quote from: jeph
If only Xbox 360s werent so damn expensive, I would so be down for this. I love mech games.

JOIN US.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Chromehounds
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2006, 22:05 »

Quote from: jeph

I actually only got mine a few weeks ago. I never thought I'd buy a 400 dollar console, but I am a sucker for killing zombies and giant robots, so I caved in.

It helps I don't have to pay rent, of course.

And Moiche, I haven't gotten any further into the single player because I start school on Monday, and the time I haven't been at work has spent reading Catch-22 because I let it go too late. If I finish it with some time tomorrow I'll probably start playing again.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Sarcasmorator

Chromehounds
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2006, 00:08 »

OK, I've started a squad for anyone from around these parts to join. Bring your friends. It's a Republic of Morskoj outfit. The name is Rockem Sockem.

You know. Robots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up