THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 01:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/18/06: Saragota, NY: SPAC: Nine Inch Nails.  (Read 2486 times)

ProphetHobo

6/18/06: Saragota, NY: SPAC: Nine Inch Nails.
« on: 07 Apr 2006, 09:07 »

Yeah, I shall be attending this show, and am very excited to be seeing one of my favorite bands live, in only my second concert experience.

Section 16, Row A. So pretty much the front of almost the dead center of the balcony.

So yeah, discuss NIN/the event (anyone else going?)/how amazingly awesome I am for going.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1 on: 08 Apr 2006, 07:36 »

Heh. Shows at SPAC are always better when you're inside, instead of on the lawn.

Me? not much of an NIN fan, but I'm going to see the Aquabats 6/12 in Cohoes, if it means anything.

Edit: Also add Slayer/Children of Bodom/Lamb of God/Mastadon/Thine Eyes Bleed on 6/29 in Albany. Anyone else?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2006, 19:45 »

while I'm not a huge NIN fan I did seem them live a few months ago and enjoyed myself quite a bit so I say, have a good time.

Solstice

« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2006, 20:06 »

NIN = WIN

I haven't been to too many concerts, but by far my favorite was one of my first experiences seeing finger eleven in a tiny ass club on the University campus. There was like... 500 people there? If that? No barricades, little security, none of that BS. I got to stand literally within arms reach of the stage, staring up at the lead guitarist (how he can play and dance like a puppet at the same time, I do not know). It was SO much damn fun. The itty bitty venue was just fucking great, it felt like someones basement and not a bigass football stadium or whatever. Had a great time, got to say hi to the band members and get autographs, all that good jazz. And since I was so close to the stage and the speakers, my ears were ringing for like four days afterwards too. Hehe, always the sign of a good rock concert. ;)

Anywho, 'grats and have fun!

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2006, 21:12 »

Quote from: Solstice
And since I was so close to the stage and the speakers, my ears were ringing for like four days afterwards too. Hehe, always the sign of a good rock concert. ;)

Or deafness!  Seriously, though.  Bring earplugs if you're going to a concert.  99% chance that the musicians are wearing them.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

books_out_loud

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2006, 16:30 »

i heard he was doing this whole tour with just a grand piano. anyone know anything about that?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2006, 18:10 »

Quote from: Bastardous Bassist
Quote from: Solstice
And since I was so close to the stage and the speakers, my ears were ringing for like four days afterwards too. Hehe, always the sign of a good rock concert. ;)

Or deafness!  Seriously, though.  Bring earplugs if you're going to a concert.  99% chance that the musicians are wearing them.

Psh. Sellouts. Real musicians rock the fuck out and then go deaf. I mean, Beethoven? Come on guys.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up