THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Announcing a new webcomic...  (Read 4127 times)

Cap'n Treacherous

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.pressstartcomic.com
Announcing a new webcomic...
« on: 08 Apr 2006, 22:37 »

PRESS START!

No, we're not Press Start to Play.  But on the upside, we're also not moldy cheese!  (No one likes that stuff.)

To be brief, this is an advertisement concocted by me to get you guys to come and check out our webcomic.  To be verbose, I really like Questionable Content and the zany sexual misadventures of its protagonist Marten, and I feel that naturally I must identify with every reader this webcomic gets.  So it follows that I would end up here, hyping the site I and my friends have started.  Anyway, we're a gaming based webcomic with a trio of repressed male nerds who share a house.  I hope this doesn't sound familiar already, but we promise to tread new and exciting ground the more comics we add.  Feel free to post on our forums and let us know how crappy our art and writing are.  Or how awesome we are, if you want to be generous.  We take it all.

Regards,

Cap'n Treacherous

Writer/storyboard for Press Start

www.pressstartcomic.com
"He was a zombie?"

minignome

« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2006, 07:24 »

Yeah, might want to read the post at the top of the forum about not posting just to whore.  Also there is a thread above for this as well.

I still checked it out, read about 20 of the comics that you have posted. a couple made me laugh.  Good luck man.

grrraham

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2006, 17:37 »

Haha! You're not mouldy cheese!
You! You aren't! Not you! Not cheese! Not moulding cheese! No you're not! Noooo!
Haha!

Luke

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2006, 23:10 »

Jeph says expect bad things to happen if you post just to whore out your own comic.

Bad things are happening right now. YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT

Cap'n Treacherous

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2006, 02:13 »

Quote from: Luke
Jeph says expect bad things to happen if you post just to whore out your own comic.

Bad things are happening right now. YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT

Uh oh... this is so like in V for Vendetta.  Are government troops going to smash in my door and beat me?

I just wanted to make a reference to the movie, it's awesome.  You guys gotta see it, and if you already have, then see it again.
"He was a zombie?"

Shaft

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Bass Cleft
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2006, 04:54 »

You smell. You smell nothing like modesty, and a lot of self-importance. Yeah, you smell a bit like cheese, too.
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

Shaft

• Bass Cleft
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2006, 04:58 »

Also, I would edit my pervious post, but double posting provides so much more drama:

Why on earth do you think people who read QC will like your comic? I mean... It's not very good.
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

Cap'n Treacherous

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2006, 05:10 »

Quote from: Shaft
Also, I would edit my pervious (sic) post, but double posting provides so much more drama:

Why on earth do you think people who read QC will like your comic? I mean... It's not very good.

QC people like our comic?  Cool!  Self-importance 4tw

Genuine response: we're new; we're trying.
"He was a zombie?"

Sean C

« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2006, 09:14 »

Oh, man - you didn't even need to read the rules in order to see the COMIC PLUGGING THREAD. Put it there. If you wanted serious criticism on, say, the art, then you might be able to get away with this kind of thread. One-post-wonders aren't acceptible, Cap'n. (No one takes them seriously.)

Cap'n Treacherous

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2006, 11:50 »

Naturally, I missed the thread and am a doofus.  Redirecting this post.

*edit:  Please kill this thread
"He was a zombie?"

Shaft

• Bass Cleft
« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2006, 16:52 »

Sorry for being nasty.

Luke

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2006, 17:51 »

V for Vendetta is an absolutely kickass film.
Pages: [1]   Go Up