THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 07:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Novels  (Read 5867 times)

RedLeather

Star Wars Novels
« on: 19 Apr 2006, 18:35 »

Yes I'm a geek, and Yes, I have quite a bit of catching up like to do...

Okay, i've ready the Timothy Zahn Books...Heir to the Empire series and all that jazz, but what books would be next in the so called Cannon Timeline? I can't find a straight logical anwer....but that's the universe eh?

Does anybody know?

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
Star Wars Novels
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2006, 18:46 »

Well, you started five years after the movies.  There are a number of them that take place before the Timothy Zahn trilogy.  I think your best bet for immediately after would be the Wraith Squadron books.  They're the x-wing series of books not written by Michael A. Stackpoole.  However, I'd go back to the Truce at Bakura if you're looking for books in chronological order after the movies.  That one takes place directly after them (begins with Wedge patrolling over Endor, if I'm not mistaken).  It's been a while since I've read any Star Wars novels, though, and there may have been books added to the timeline somewhere.  I know a number of books used to have a timeline in the back somewhere.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
Star Wars Novels
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2006, 21:19 »

Cannon timeline:

http://www.xenophongroup.com/montjoie/cannon4.gif"width=200/>

http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/products/C000003.jpg"width=200>

http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/products/C000005.jpg"width=200>

http://www.pica.army.mil/Voice2005/050408/2004%2004%2008%20Voice%20online%20photos/2005%2004%2008%20Howitzer%20282b.jpg"width=200>

Bunnyman

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2006, 00:20 »

And don't forget

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Star Wars Novels
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2006, 00:45 »

fanfiction is for no. yes, it's all fanfiction. suck it dry.
also israel

RedLeather

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2006, 04:52 »

One of those pictures is from Homeworld, i think, and i've read the wraith squadron series...just didn't friggin buy the last three books and i can't find said last three books..anyway, i'll just start checking in random books then for a timeline..Should be fun, for me, and the bookstore employees!

Jarne

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2006, 05:39 »

I think the New Jedi Order books have timelines in them for the books. Anyways, I'm guilty of reading... alot of those star wars books. The X-Wing ones really are the best, so you might want to read those.

lb969

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2006, 11:37 »

Official cannon timeline of books and movies

Personally, all the X-wing series are a good read, as is Shadows of the Empire, all the Tales books, The Adventures of Lando, Han Solo Trilogy, Han Solo Adventures.... Thrawn trilogy, Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, Planet of Twilight, Jedi Acadamy trilogy, Black Fleet crisis, Corellia trilogy, Bounty hunter trilogy, The Truce at Bakura, Splinter of the minds eye,

Pretty much all the starwars books are good reads, cept for the NJO series.... getting kinda long, and they frikken killed Chewie!

(PS. I own every single book mentioned above.)

Bastardous Bassist

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2006, 13:53 »

Thos are all pretty much the old ones that I had already read as of......eight years ago?  Yeah, that's about right.  Have there really been no new good ones?
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Jareth

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2006, 15:38 »

The NJO series did a lot to expound upon the ideas about the Force, I really enjoyed them towards the end. Out of all of them, I enjoyed Traitor the most. And with regards to killing Chewie, I think the cardinal rule that Lucas stated was: No killing Han, Leia, or Luke. Anyone else is fair game in the advancing of the storyline. Of course, that probably means no depicting their death. If a book is written right now 500 years after A New Hope, no one expects any of those three to still be alive. Unless they turn Luke to the Dark side and he rules over the galaxy with his iron fist.

The new Dark Nest trilogy got kinda draggy though.

Alegis

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2006, 15:49 »

Hmm, only books I ever read where the kind of "Jedi Apprentice", pre-episode I.
I really liked those (not really that much into the post ep III fiction, except for LEC' games around Kyle Katarne). Also remember reading something in the lines of EP I, but from Amidala's point of view.

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
Star Wars Novels
« Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2006, 22:23 »

Someone should really get the video games intergrated with that timeline. That would be the bee's knees.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Bastardous Bassist

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2006, 22:28 »

Quote from: Alegis
(not really that much into the post ep III fiction, except for LEC' games around Kyle Katarne)

All the way from Dark Forces?
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Praeserpium Machinarum

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2006, 12:45 »

Just avoid The Crystal Star and you will be fine. That book is crap and boring, even in Danish.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Star Wars Novels
« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2006, 13:31 »

Wait, does Danish automatically make everything better now?
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Praeserpium Machinarum

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2006, 21:54 »

Yes.

Well no but the point I was trying to make was that the book was so crap in Danish that I can't image how bad it is in English.

Bunnyman

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #16 on: 23 Apr 2006, 22:20 »

Quote from: Bastardous Bassist
All the way from Dark Forces?

You kidding me?  Dark Forces 1 (the 2.5D one with the pseudo-Build engine) was the best one in the series.  No fruity lightsaber.  Just you, a pile of guns, and the better part of Nar Shaddaa/The Imperial Armed Forces.  Good times.

Bastardous Bassist

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #17 on: 23 Apr 2006, 22:30 »

Fuckin' A.  When Jedi Knight came out and everyone was creaming their pants, I was like, "Kyle Katarn is from Dark Forces, which was better, and his assisstant was hotter."
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Alegis

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #18 on: 24 Apr 2006, 13:17 »

True, hotter assistance. But romance in Jedi Outcast -> warm fuzzy feeling !
JO had great SP. Mostly used guns anways, especially in multiplayer; with light side powers.

I sense a disturbance in the topic.

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
Star Wars Novels
« Reply #19 on: 24 Apr 2006, 13:40 »

I read the Han Solo Trilogy a few years back when I was maybe twelve, and corrected the grammar throughout. It was embarassing.
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

Bastardous Bassist

Star Wars Novels
« Reply #20 on: 24 Apr 2006, 22:46 »

I really didn't like that series in general.  I thought it was kind of silly, personally.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up