THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 04:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums that'd be great...  (Read 17899 times)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Albums that'd be great...
« on: 17 Apr 2006, 06:50 »

If it wasn't for that one track souring it.

How many albums do you know of that would be fucking awesome except for one shitty song that just seems to ruin the whole mood? I think the biggest example of this is Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Reservations is unbearably bad. If it ended with Poor Places, it'd be all but perfect.

Other examples:
Radiohead - OK Computer - Fitter, Happier. I don't care if the song is conceptually brilliant. It sucks to listen to.

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon - On The Run. I'm sure it's great when you're stoned. But I'm not. Some would say there's an easier solution to that...mine's cheaper.

Weezer - Pinkerton - No Other One - It's a pretty wracked album, but it's wracked and brilliant. No Other One is borderline unlistenable.

Any other albums like this?
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2006, 09:15 »

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

Except... that has three songs souring it. Pry To, Bugs and Long-title Mamma.

I'd probably love Blind Guardian's Nightfall In Middle Earth if it wasn't for those annoying storytelling Interludes. Okay, I get it, you read The Silmarillion, now please fuck off with that lame sounding Morgoth act. This probably goes for all Blind Guardian, but I wouldn't know, because this is the only one I've heard so far.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2006, 09:19 »

Quote from: TrueNeutral
I'd probably love Blind Guardian's Nightfall In Middle Earth if it wasn't for those annoying storytelling Interludes.

same.

every song on the barenaked ladies' stunt is a masterpiece, except for "one week."
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

jcknbl

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2006, 09:22 »

Beatles-Revolver-Yellow Submarine. Maybe its just me. And its probably awesome if you have a bunch of drunk people singing it. Still, this song is terribly mediocre for the Beatles. I blame Ringo.

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2006, 09:31 »

Quote from: TrueNeutral
This probably goes for all Blind Guardian, but I wouldn't know, because this is the only one I've heard so far.

Not in my experience.  Nightfall is the only one with the interludes.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2006, 09:59 »

Quote from: jcknbl
Beatles-Revolver-Yellow Submarine. Maybe its just me. And its probably awesome if you have a bunch of drunk people singing it. Still, this song is terribly mediocre for the Beatles. I blame Ringo.

I agree wholeheartedly there. Revolver was, IMO, their best record outside of that.

And you should blame Lennon and McCartney, because they essentially wrote it to sound EXACTLY like you said it sounds.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Re: Albums that'd be great...
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2006, 11:18 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid
Radiohead - OK Computer - Fitter, Happier. I don't care if the song is conceptually brilliant. It sucks to listen to.

I love that song, cant imagine that album without it.

Anyway, I dont like Pavement's Cut Your Hair from Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. I really dont like it, I allway feel like someone injected suger right into that track.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2006, 11:53 »

I'm with DynamiteKid on the 'Fitter Happier' thing.  

Also, Cat Power's 'You Are Free' would be my favorite of her albums if not for 'Names'.  There is such a thing as taking the sad thing too far.

alyosha

« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2006, 11:53 »

Green Day's "American Idiot"-- THe title track

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2006, 12:15 »

Transatlanticism without "Passenger Seat", or the long ending of "We Looked Like Giants".

It seems like every Death Cab album has that ONE song with the unneeded two minute breakdown.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Omnicide

« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2006, 12:38 »

'We Will Fall' off The Stooge's first album. ten minutes of dreary psychedelia.

Is it me or would Houses of The Holy be Led eppelin's best album if D'yer Maker was replaced with any other track?

Oh and Re-occuring Dreams of Husker Du's Zen Arcade. The 14 minute final track. A wee bit self-indulgent?

Come to think of it, what album doesn't have at least one sub-par track (sparing older albums with only six tracks)? Meh, nothing's flawless.

jcknbl

« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2006, 12:57 »

And you should blame Lennon and McCartney, because they essentially wrote it to sound EXACTLY like you said it sounds.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it was written for Ringo and based on something he said on acid. I guess I'll blame everyone but George.

Another album

Elliott Smith- s/t -Alphabet Town: Its not that its unlistenable it just feels like filler. Theres nothing catchy or memorable about it.

nobody

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2006, 13:28 »

Quote from: Omnicide
Come to think of it, what album doesn't have at least one sub-par track (sparing older albums with only six tracks)? Meh, nothing's flawless.

i think the beatles american version of rubber soul is pretty flawless, especially if you get the DESS mono version of it. also nmh's aeroplane over the sea i think is great and cohesive, would be lessened by any track removed

well, mebbe it would flow better without the accordian led untitled instrumental, but i still enjoy it
I have trouble deciding if i'm being sarcastic or not.

Kid Modernist

« Reply #13 on: 17 Apr 2006, 16:27 »

The Merry Blues, the first track off of Manu Chao's Proxima Estacion: Esperanza. I always thought the album was much less talented than his first (Clandestino), but I found out if you don't listen to the first song it is a complete continuation of awesomeness.

chamberk

« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2006, 16:35 »

I always definitely think that way about Pinkerton and "No Other One".

And I know it's blasphemy, but Sun King is the only song on Abbey Road that I don't actively love.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2006, 17:02 »

Oh please. If there's one song on Abbey Road that needs to die, it's definitely Mr. Octopus' Garden.

also:

I guess I'll blame everyone but George.

THis is how it should be. All the time.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

PhunkieBehaveYer

« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2006, 17:38 »

I always thought that "For No One" was the week one off Revolver.

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2006, 17:38 »

Experimental is fine, but just plain stupid stuff to link plot is not.  Good operas have very few stupid bits just for the sake of plot, concept albums should be the same, damnit.  If you can't come up with a good song to say what you want to say, then don't do the goddamned concept album.  Queensryche, I'm looking at you and "Suite Sister Mary."  God damn I dislike that song.  It sounds like an Andrew Lloyd Webber song.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Spartan Pho3nix

« Reply #18 on: 17 Apr 2006, 17:50 »

Quote from: Kai
Oh please. If there's one song on Abbey Road that needs to die, it's definitely Mr. Octopus' Garden.

also:

Bullcrap. Sun King in unbearable. Get rid of that trash and you have a perfect album.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #19 on: 17 Apr 2006, 18:03 »

Testament - The Gathering - Alliegance.

Seriously guys, you were SO CLOSE to finally making an album better than The New Order. So very, very close.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2006, 18:09 »

Quote from: Spartan Pho3nix
Quote from: Kai

also:

Bullcrap. Sun King in unbearable. Get rid of that trash and you have a perfect album.

See, I thought Sun King really fit well and I generally don't remember having any beef with it at all. I cringe with Octopus' Garden. I cringe with most of the songs Ringo sings on though.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Omnicide

« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2006, 23:03 »

On Abbey Road, I'd take Octopus' Garden over Maxwell's bloody Silver Hammer anyday.

Houdinimachine

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.myspace.com/houdinimachine/
« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2006, 23:50 »

I love Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Edit: I had the wrong song. I like everything on Abbey Road except Her Majesty which doesn't belong at all.
She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2006, 00:00 »

Quote from: Storm Rider
Testament - The Gathering - Alliegance.

Seriously guys, you were SO CLOSE to finally making an album better than The New Order. So very, very close.

I wasn't sure how you could say this, but now that i put it on, i realize i zone out everytime it comes on when i listen to the album.

Three 6 Mafia - Intro/Outro/Skit anything that involves Project Pat and DJ Paul trying to advertise their movies and cds. that shit kills every ounce of gangsta mood in the room.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Omnicide

« Reply #24 on: 18 Apr 2006, 00:35 »

Quote from: Houdinimachine

GAH!

Worse than Obla-Di-Obla-Blah

Oh and Horse Latitudes off Strange Days by The Doors. It's their best album but what the fuck was THAT?

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2006, 02:23 »

Quote from: Houdinimachine

Edit: I had the wrong song. I like everything on Abbey Road except Her Majesty which doesn't belong at all.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Are you insane? That song is like the bow on the top of a wonderful present the Beatles have wrapped up for you.

Zaarin

« Reply #26 on: 18 Apr 2006, 02:49 »

Oh and Horse Latitudes off Strange Days by The Doors. It's their best album but what the fuck was THAT?

Yes, absolutely. It's Jim Morrison at his pretentious worst.

I think "Flying" from the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour is another weak track. I mean, it's nice, but it's probably for the best that it was one of the only instrumentals the Fab Four ever did.

And now I've got something, wait for it, controversial. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, "Money". I consider this one to be the album's worst track. It just breaks the flow that the previous tracks had so well established.

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #27 on: 18 Apr 2006, 03:09 »

I hate that song. why put it on an album?
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Omnicide

« Reply #28 on: 18 Apr 2006, 03:27 »

Quote from: Luke C

I hate that song. why put it on an album?

It's not a song for fuck's sake, it's an mood piece for the album. No more than 'speak to me' off Dark Side of The Moon is a song. It's a sum-up of the album's themes of isolation and dehmanisation through technology, or something similar. It's not a song, don't listen to it as if it is one. Just listen to the lyrics, it's the track that sums up what tOK COmputer's all about.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #29 on: 18 Apr 2006, 03:55 »

Radiohead - Amnesiac - Pulk Pull Revolving Doors:

This is the perfect example of a terrible "song" completely ruining the entire album. I love the first two songs, and the fact that the third is so bad renders the rest of the album totally unlistenable to me, even if I skip the track. There are some songs I quite like afterwards, but I imagine I'd like them more if I didn't have to skip over track 3 every goddamned time

The Beatles - Sgt Peppers - Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds:

I actually heard a version of this that didn't totally suck on the radio at work a few years ago. I know it exists. It was awesome. The album version just makes me want to punch people. I dont know where the other version was from. Anyone know about this? Am I crazy?

Also, maybe I'm just weird, but my favorite tracks on Abbey Road are Come Together, Octopusses Garden, and Maxwell Silver Hammer. Just putting that out there, for you jive suckahs.

Spiderbait - Grandslam - By The Time I Get To Howlong

This is my favorite Spiderbait album by far, and a favorite album of all time easily, but this one song bugs me. It's not a terrible song, but it just bugs me how much better it would be if Buster just went straight into Stevie.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

blanko blanco

« Reply #30 on: 18 Apr 2006, 04:57 »

I like this topic very much. Makes for a good read.

Offhand I can't think of any albums that fit for me, except I would somewhat agree with the person who said "Cut Your Hair" from Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. I usually skip it.

alyosha

« Reply #31 on: 18 Apr 2006, 06:41 »

You know, I didn't post that LSD ruined Sgt. Pepper, because I didn't think anyone would agree.  But the song completely breaks the mood.  I guess it was more an experiment in psychodelia than anything else, though.  As a single, it's not so bad, but it doesn't belong on the album.

I also think that "Octopuses Garden" was a great track. As to the other Beatles songs being criticized--  We have to remember that, though they were an amazing progressive rock band, the Beatles were, first and foremost, a Pop-rock band.  While they chose to experiment, they still tried to stick to their roots.

As to an album that is completely perfect:

I know this band has gotten a lot of flack around here, and I'm not saying that they are the best band ever, or even that the album is all that influential or progressive, but it IS the best flowing, most consistent, best mood-keeping album I've heard in a long time:

TMBG-"Flood"

I'd also like to bring to the table Pearl Jam's "Ten" and Green Day's "Dookie" as good "flow" albums that also completely rock.

Praeserpium Machinarum

« Reply #32 on: 18 Apr 2006, 06:57 »

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium - Cicatriz esp

Too long, too jammy, too forgetable. The rest of the album is ace though and I will fight anyone with a Rambo knife who dare say otherwise ;)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #33 on: 18 Apr 2006, 07:27 »

GAH!

Worse than Obla-Di-Obla-Blah

That's not true. At least it's about something, and is an ironic murder-ballad.

Quote from: Zaarin
I think "Flying" from the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour is another weak track. I mean, it's nice, but it's probably for the best that it was one of the only instrumentals the Fab Four ever did.

That doesn't count, because the aim of this is to establish great albums with one shit track.

Magical Mystery Tour is almost entirely cack.

Quote from: Hat
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers - Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds:

I actually heard a version of this that didn't totally suck on the radio at work a few years ago. I know it exists. It was awesome. The album version just makes me want to punch people. I dont know where the other version was from. Anyone know about this? Am I crazy?

Also, maybe I'm just weird, but my favorite tracks on Abbey Road are Come Together, Octopusses Garden, and Maxwell Silver Hammer. Just putting that out there, for you jive suckahs.

I never really liked Lucy either. There's a lot on Sergeant Pepper and The White Album that I'm not too fond of, yet people are always wanking over them.

Quote from: Praeserpium
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium - Cicatriz esp

Too long, too jammy, too forgetable. The rest of the album is ace though and I will fight anyone with a Rambo knife who dare say otherwise

I have to say, though, if they took out the jammy parts, I think the chorus bit is really good. If they cut out the middle section, then it'd be a great track.

Omnicide

« Reply #34 on: 18 Apr 2006, 08:01 »

Actually, talking about Mars Volta, if you edited all of the white-noise filler out of Frances the Mute it'd probably be an excellent album.

Hmm...flawless flow albums...

Beastie Boys- Paul's Boutique
Curtis Mayfield- Superfly
Iggy & The Stooges- Fun House
Jimi Hendrix- Electric Ladyland
Miles Davis- Kind Of Blue

that's all I've got right now.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #35 on: 18 Apr 2006, 08:18 »

Actually, talking about Mars Volta, if you edited all of the white-noise filler out of Frances the Mute it'd probably be an excellent album.

Absolutely. It's perfectly realised as far as they're concerned, but without the white noise it would be a true classic.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #36 on: 18 Apr 2006, 08:48 »

And now I've got something, wait for it, controversial. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, "Money". I consider this one to be the album's worst track. It just breaks the flow that the previous tracks had so well established.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #37 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:05 »

Quote from: mberan42

Who is the 'you' of 'your'?

Zaarin

« Reply #38 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:08 »

Quote from: mberan42

Don't get me wrong. I love "Money" as a song, but I think it's placement on Dark Side was a bit of a mistake. You go from this ethereal, spacy type affair to the clinking of cash registers. It just sort of ruins the experience a bit, if you understand me.

alyosha

« Reply #39 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:11 »

"Money" has my respect for being the only popular song in 7/8 time.  Hence, I'd even say that it's purpose is to NOT fit in with the rest of the somewhat mellow, 4/4 time of most of "Dark Side"  I agree it doesn't fit, but, as could be said of the band itself, its purpose is to NOT fit in...

Praeserpium Machinarum

« Reply #40 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:27 »

I have to say, though, if they took out the jammy parts, I think the chorus bit is really good. If they cut out the middle section, then it'd be a great track.

Yep and it is like that on a lot of their tracks, except Take the Veil, Cerpin Taxt. There it seems to work for some odd reason.
I never really listened that much to Frances the Mute, though I will say that The Widow is perhaps the most "straight" song Mars Volta has ever done.

Oh and I thought of one more:

Sonic Youth - EVOL - Bubblegum

The deathpan delivery saves it but essentially it cancels out the impact of Madonna, Sean and Me(aka. Expressway to Yr. Skull).
Which would have been the perfect closer since it is so grand and majestic.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #41 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:37 »

"Octopus's Garden" and "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da" are two of the sweetest, most utterly delicious pieces of musical candy that exist.  They're not particularly incredible songs in the same fashion as, say, "Tomorrow Never Knows," but they're so bouncy and fun and playful that I won't raise a child without giving him or her these songs to dance to in preschool.

If Abbey Road has a lackluster track, it's definitely "Sun King."  Everything should've just picked right up and started rolling without a break after "Because" and the extra slow track was unnecessary and breaks the flow.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #42 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:48 »

Who is the 'you' of 'your'?

I'd intended it for Zaarin, as he originally said what I questioned, but it was / is open for all.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #43 on: 18 Apr 2006, 09:49 »

Danzig - Danzig II: Lucifuge - Blood and Tears

Could have been maybe the best album of Glenn Danzigs whole damn career, then he puts what very well could be a Procul Harem song on it. Not that I dislike Procul Harem, but what?

Black Sabbath - Paranoid - Planet Caravan

Planet Caravan ain't a bad song, but what the hell is it doing on an album as heavy as this? Think about it for a moment, if this song wasn't there, we'd have the following flow of songs:

War Pigs
Paranoid
Iron Man
Electric Funeral
Hand Of Doom

I've taken drugs less awesome than that.

Current 93 - All The Pretty Little Horses - Twilight Twilight Nihil Nihil

I'll spare this song a lot of grief, as the (completely) different version of it they used to start Cats Drunk on Copper is absolutely amazing. However, the original is just eight and a half minutes of post-industrial masturbation sitting in the middle of a great neo-folk album.

Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow - Song of Sirens

Edge of Sanitys worst track ever. This includes the hardcore punk song they wrote and recorded in one evening all smashed on vodka, their Police cover, and the techno remix of Angels of Distress.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #44 on: 18 Apr 2006, 10:30 »

Quote from: Bastardous Bassist
Experimental is fine, but just plain stupid stuff to link plot is not.  Good operas have very few stupid bits just for the sake of plot, concept albums should be the same, damnit.  If you can't come up with a good song to say what you want to say, then don't do the goddamned concept album.  Queensryche, I'm looking at you and "Suite Sister Mary."  God damn I dislike that song.  It sounds like an Andrew Lloyd Webber song.

Disagree. Strongly. I think Suite Sister Mary is perfect and way better than Andrew ever was. I feel it's needed and that it belongs.

But, from the same year and another concept album:

Iron Maiden: 7th son of a 7th son ... Can I play with madness. What is that 'written for single' thingy doing on such an awesome album? It feels a lot like having an ABBA song in the middle of Kill 'Em All. It's just wrong ...
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #45 on: 18 Apr 2006, 11:42 »

Quote from: alyosha
"Money" has my respect for being the only popular song in 7/8 time.  Hence, I'd even say that it's purpose is to NOT fit in with the rest of the somewhat mellow, 4/4 time of most of "Dark Side"  I agree it doesn't fit, but, as could be said of the band itself, its purpose is to NOT fit in...

Money is in 7/4, and I think Eclipse is actually in 6/8.

Not on Dark Side, but in the Floyd catalogue in general, 6/8 is at least as equally used as 4/4.

And there's a song on the new Hundred Reasons album where the chorus is in 7/8, though the verse is 4/4.

Plus, getting back to the Beatles, Love Is All You Need is in 7/8...

Merkava

« Reply #46 on: 18 Apr 2006, 13:21 »

Quote from: Valley_Parade
Transatlanticism without "Passenger Seat", or the long ending of "We Looked Like Giants".

It seems like every Death Cab album has that ONE song with the unneeded two minute breakdown.

Disagree completely. What would make the album great would be getting rid of Sound of Settling. That song sucks and ruins the beautiful melancholy of the album.

I think The Dears No Cities Left would be awesome without Lost in the Plot.

PhunkieBehaveYer

« Reply #47 on: 18 Apr 2006, 13:29 »

The only thing that could make Illinois any better would be getting rid of "The Seer's Tower."

drpepper_phd

• Plantmonster
« Reply #48 on: 18 Apr 2006, 15:25 »

Quote from: PhunkieBehaveYer
The only thing that could make Illinois any better would be getting rid of "The Seer's Tower."

Seconded.

I also think that The New Pornographer's Twin Cinema would be much, MUCH better without "Three or Four." I can only stand hearing "Three or four hourglass" so many times before I kick a dog.
You know the taste of love- http://lamb.atspace.us/">Lemonade and Manic Blue.--Twin sister's Webmanga

Merkava

« Reply #49 on: 18 Apr 2006, 15:55 »

Quote from: PhunkieBehaveYer

Are you kidding? That had some beautiful vocal work. It gives me chills each time I listen to it. What song could be removed is that last track. Boring, no point, just...bleh. I usually skip through the instrumentals anyway, but I shouldn't skip over a closer.

I think the last 3/4 of Lounge (Closing Time) by Modest Mouse is the only weak moment on Lonesome. I think if they had taken that out and replaced it with more of that beginning, the album wouldn't loose any momentum until when it should, at Trucker's Atlas.  

Oh, and Moon and Antarctica should have Different City, Wild Pack of Family Dogs, and Tiny Cities in favor of some tracks from Nasty Parlour Tricks. I would have preferred hearing Night on the Sun, Here it Comes, or You're the Good Things to those blah tracks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up