THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet Another Metal Thread  (Read 34809 times)

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #150 on: 13 May 2006, 14:56 »

Don't worry Khar, you're not alone, 34.788% ranks in my top 3 MDB albums - right behind Turn Loose The Swans at #2 and Like Gods Of The Sun.

Can't wait for the new CD, although I wasn't overly taken by their latest effort; Dreadful Hours was far better.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #151 on: 14 May 2006, 07:47 »

34...% is an underrated album. It kinda grows on you, I never expected MDB to go in that direction before I heard that album. But MDB went back to their Doom Metal roots pretty quickly, while other Doom acts wondered the ralms of Goth Rock and Electronica [ahm]Paradise Lost[/ahm].

My two favorite MDB albums are The Angel And The Dark River and Turn Loose The Swans. There's somthing about The Crown Of Sympathy that makes me want to listen to it on infinite repeat.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

amok

• Duck attack survivor
Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #152 on: 14 May 2006, 12:11 »

Aw shit, I totally forgot The Angel... when I was thinkin' up my top 3. I guses 34.788 does get edged out after all then. The Cry Of Mankind and Black Voyage are fuckin' epic.

jariku

Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #153 on: 14 May 2006, 17:27 »

Quote from: Misereatur
while other Doom acts wondered the ralms of Goth Rock and Electronica [ahm]Paradise Lost[/ahm].

Paradise Lost was sheer brilliance on their One Second and Lost albums compared to the piss-poor Cat Rapes Dog rip-off that is Theatre Of Tragedy.

I do hate everything they've done since Lost, though. Out of the whole affair of doom(-ish) metal bands turning into something else, I personally enjoy The Gathering's hippie stuff quite much.

The Hammered

Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #154 on: 14 May 2006, 19:42 »

I intend to get some My Dying Bride if I find any of their albums nearby. If I have to order it, there are some things I'm more interested in looking for now, though (I don't order music often, either).

amok

• Duck attack survivor
Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #155 on: 14 May 2006, 20:28 »

I love The Gathering. Theatre of Tragedy have their moments too IMO, although a lot of their stuff is mediocre. The A Rose For The Dead MCD is quite brilliant.

ramenXnoodles

Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #156 on: 18 May 2006, 15:18 »

I've been listening to a lot of Boris lately. Japanese drone FTW!

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Yet Another Metal Thread
« Reply #157 on: 18 May 2006, 15:23 »

I second that. Boris are amazing.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up