THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New adventure game  (Read 5243 times)

twentyfour

New adventure game
« on: 18 Apr 2006, 17:54 »

Hey!

Just thought I'd toss this link up here somewhat prematurely because the site'll be fuller soon and I wanna advertise a bit. Not gonna say much about what it is, but it's an adventure game I did the character design and animation for.

Hope this piques some peoples interest.

http://www.theexchangestudent.com

torg

New adventure game
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2006, 01:49 »

Well, the "poster" looks nice, but i'd like to see some graphics from, the game to get a, impression what it really will look like...
Will the game be sold? Is it a student/spare time project? Some more infos would be appreciated ;)

GebStar

• Furry furrier
New adventure game
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2006, 05:28 »

From the poster I got visions of Leisure Suit Larry. I played that game at something like eight years old, it's still one of my favourites.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

twentyfour

New adventure game
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2006, 07:10 »

I wasn't really plannin on sayin much, the full website should be up sometime this week(unless something explodes). The project isn't a student or volunteer game this is a real game that will be on sale online .... I think maybe late next month(don't quote me on that). As for what it will look like in the end, the site will have more than enough pics of gameplay. I did all of the gameplay artwork aside from backgrounds so the difference between the poster and the gameart itself isn't that much of a jump. There just isn't any light/shadow effects in this episode of the game. That good enough for now Torgy?

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw the link in here because I know a few people liked the Pintsize anims I did a ways back. I'll bump the thread when the website goes live.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
New adventure game
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2006, 07:38 »

hey duuuuuude!

twentyfour

New adventure game
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2006, 08:50 »

Hi Mister J-Hockey

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
New adventure game
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2006, 10:41 »

Seriously though Adventure games are class.

Nothing quite like monkey island to make me smile :-)!

Omnicide

New adventure game
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2006, 10:57 »

Come back Point and Click games! Come back to us!

Seriously somebody make a sequel to Grim Fandango. anybody

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
New adventure game
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2006, 11:43 »

I have beaten Day of the Tentacles dozens of times. And it never gets old. I am intrigued.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

twentyfour

New adventure game
« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2006, 11:45 »

Actually Nolaw, the background artist/s worked on 'The Curse of Monkey Island' and a bunch of other Lucasarts games. I jumped on board only knowing it was a point n click adventure and that I'd get paid for my work. Pretty damn exciting just to know I was working on an adventure series much moreso one where I'm surrounded by lots of talent.

There's a bunch of adventure games being independantly made right now, just google a bit. I think a bunch of them are free too! .... But of course the game I'm working on will be well worth every penny you spend on it :) I swear!

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
New adventure game
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2006, 14:42 »

Curse of monkey island was awesome. I actually loved the art on that 'un so I'll check yer game out (if it's avalible for download (via paypal or whatever) or in the UK) once I find out more about it :-)

Keep us posted.

P.s Monkey island 1 was the best in the series. I loved the bit in MI3 where you stuck your head into the MI1 forest.

twentyfour

New adventure game
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2006, 10:45 »

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Sorry about the necromancy but the official site is up and running!

http://www.theexchangestudent.com

Little bits on who's involved in making the game, an FAQ, a forum and a helluva lotta purple!

Right now we're scrambling to get as much done for E3 as possible. Also we're looking for voice actors if anyone has some talent in that area drop by the site and send Dimitris an email. We are especially looking for male actors who can imitate a Spanish or a Swedish accent and for female actresses who can imitate an Italian, a Swedish or a Finish accent. If anyone can do an awesome swedish chef impersonation I'd love to hear it! It's not what we're looking for but I love hearing "BORK BORK BORK!"

Anyway. tell your friends, tell your family, tell people you don't like, tell your pets too!

Thanks!

Alegis

New adventure game
« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2006, 11:35 »

Looks interesting

Applied for voice acting, because voice acting is fun !

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
New adventure game
« Reply #13 on: 04 May 2006, 11:57 »

I do a pretty good Spanish accent.  My gf keeps making me say things in a spanish accent for her amusement:

her: What's that actor's name?
me: *sigh* benicio del toro...
her:SQUEEE

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
New adventure game
« Reply #14 on: 04 May 2006, 12:30 »

Squee is the cutest girl sound evar.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

twentyfour

New adventure game
« Reply #15 on: 05 May 2006, 07:01 »

... and here I thought squee was the sound a child makes when it's pants crappingly frightened.

Oh Jhonen, how you've shaped my world
Pages: [1]   Go Up