THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eddie Izzard  (Read 7421 times)

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Eddie Izzard
« on: 19 Apr 2006, 09:53 »

So I noticed that people here seem to like his work.

If you don't know who he is then go get one of his DVD's

I have a bunch of his work on video

including:

Circle
Definite Article
Dress To Kill
Unrepeatable
Glorious.

So what jokes does everyone think are the funniest?!? Which is your favourite show?!? Which shows do you own?!? Why do you like Eddie Izzard?!?

Good times :-)

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
Eddie Izzard
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2006, 09:56 »

The squirrel bit is my favorite.  I have Circle and DTK.  I want to get the others.  My aunt and uncle met him once (I think they were introduced by a mutual friend), and then felt obligated to get one of his shows, and they also found him really funny in person.  I don't know if they've watched it yet.  I need to get on them about that.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Omnicide

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2006, 10:55 »

Dressed to Kill obviously. C'mon, it's got the Cake Or Death? bit.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
Eddie Izzard
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2006, 11:04 »

The bit he does about monkeys and the National Riffle Association on Circle is probably my favorite.  "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too, if they have guns!"

That guy

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2006, 19:07 »

Dressed to kill gets my vote.  He's just a funny guy regaurdless of the evening gown he has on at the moment.

jariku

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2006, 00:58 »

Stonehenge, the largest henge in the world!

Narr

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2006, 05:15 »

Britain took over the world through the cunning use of flags.

"We claim this land, India, in the name of Great Britain!"  *plants flag*

"Hey, you can't do that.  We live here, it's our country."

"Well... do you have a flag?"

"I... I guess we don't."

"NO FLAG, NO COUNTRY!  Those are the rules that.. I just made up."

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
Eddie Izzard
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2006, 09:00 »

Eddie Izzard is awesome. I actually caught one of his HBO specials one night, and have since seen Dressed to Kill, and a bit of Glorious. Once i get the chance, I'm buying all of his dvds.

"I'm not some NORMAL transvestite, I'm an Executive Transvestite"
"If a gal falls in heels, well it's embarrassing, but if a guy falls in heels, you have to kill yourself. It's the end of your life right there."
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

alyosha

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2006, 09:24 »

"we say 'Herb'-- Because there's a F'n 'H' in it!"

Faker

• Furry furrier
Eddie Izzard
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2006, 05:24 »

got a four dvd boxset with all the shows above except circle.

Have seen him live too on the sexie tour, and seriously if the intermission hadn't have came when it did I would have had to leave the theatre or I would have died laughing.

As for fave bit... at the moment it's the "covered in bees" shetch, although I'll probably think of something else in a minute, start laughing to myself then get thrown out of this library before I get a chance to post about it!
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

ayePod

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2006, 05:47 »

Live At The Ambassadors is my favourite closely followed by Circle. In circle when he is talking about the best laid plans of mice and men,it's hysterical.

mizaktik

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2006, 00:28 »

Favorite bit would have to be the whole trojan war bit on Glorious.  It's just SO FUNNY!

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
Eddie Izzard
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2006, 01:53 »

Quote from: Narr
Britain took over the world through the cunning use of flags.

**Eddie commenting on the large number of British actors on the Death Star**

"What is it, Lieutenant Sebastian?"

"It's just... the Rebels sir... they're here."

"My God, man!  Do they want tea?"

"I think they're after something more than that, sir.  I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."

"Damn!  That's dash cunning of them!"
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

talon

dress to kill
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2006, 11:13 »

"you want babies on spikes... we've got racks of babies"

or

"look, you're british... 'i wanna work in a sewer, and find sewage that know ones ever found before'"

but all of eddie izzrd is gold, even his brief role in the very painful to watch avengers movie

Belus Lichlord

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #14 on: 07 Jun 2006, 23:32 »

I would say Dressed to Kill is my favorite of those I've seen. (I've only seen Definite Article, Unrepeatable, Glorious, and Live At the Ambassdor's)

Since he starts off with the San Francisco bit in Dressed to Kill I usually introduce people to him with Glorious because it picks up the pace a bit faster.

Seeing how people enjoy Eddie Izzard here, I assume there's also a bit Mitch Hedburg fanbase too.

KB_Hurr_Hurr

'Ello Sue!? I've got legs. Do you like bread?
« Reply #15 on: 19 Sep 2006, 10:28 »

i would definatley have to say if you have never seen him before the best one of his stand ups to watch first is dressed to kill....it's just got something in there for everyone....but some of my favorites are the bit about thimbles and needle death, of course the "ello sue, i've got legs" part, the part where he always says "Hanging gardens of babylon", the splashy splashy/sharky sharky bit...and those are just the ones off the top of my head.. and i'm in class...if i were at home and had more time i'd put all my favorites....which i just might later....but yes he is my FAVORITE stand up comedian!!!

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Eddie Izzard
« Reply #16 on: 19 Sep 2006, 11:34 »

N-N-N-N-Necropost!

*goes to watch Dressed to Kill*

Garcin2

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #17 on: 19 Sep 2006, 11:51 »

Dressed to Kill was just randomly on basic cable.  No matter how many times I watch it, I always get sucked back into it.  Something about Eddie is hypnotic.  I wish he was still doing awesome HBO specials instead of terrible movies.

My favorite Eddie Izzard joke should be obvious.

KB_Hurr_Hurr

Eddie Izzard
« Reply #18 on: 19 Sep 2006, 14:41 »

lol it WOULD be quite awkward being covered in bees wouldn't it....yesh.... one of my other favorites is when he does the NRA bit and that forst "BANG" gets me everytime...i just crack up!!!!!

~kb~
Pages: [1]   Go Up