THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 03:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: You Might Hate Me  (Read 15620 times)

span_inquesition92789

You Might Hate Me
« on: 22 Apr 2006, 08:01 »

People might start hating me but I am going to say it. I love Evanescence. Go ahead make fun of me, people do. But don't insult me because they are goth. I hate when people do that. I don't care that they are goth. Good music is good music. It doesn't matter if the music is goth, or indie, or metal. or whatever. Good music is still good music. That is all I have to say on that, thank you

Evan

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2006, 08:07 »

Kay.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2006, 08:10 »

Most people who like Evanescence have yet to realize that they only like Amy Lee.

span_inquesition92789

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2006, 08:14 »

That may be true, but have you heard the guitar solo in "Haunted", That was insane. It may not be good to some standards, but I thought it was awesome.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2006, 09:27 »

I did. I actually own both Fallen and Origin (which is FAR better).

I did not think it was anything special.

span_inquesition92789

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2006, 10:04 »

I once used Whisper to some good effect on a movie I made for a class. If you would like to veiw it, go to http://www.myspace.com/one_shot_one_kill10 . I am told it is pretty good, give me some feedback on if you watch it. Thanks.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2006, 10:08 »

Oh please, Evanescence are about as goth as Weezer.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Evanescence and I'd gladly sing their praises to get into Amy Lee's knickers, but they are not goth. At all. Really.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2006, 10:25 »

At least they're more goth than Epica and After Forever. Why people consider those goth... I haven't a clue.

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2006, 10:39 »

So am I wrong to say I hate Evanescence ?

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2006, 10:58 »

I think that they definitely have the ability to make good songs..they have made at least a few. However,I believe that Amy Lee's voice is severely doctored. I've never caught a live show,but I have seen two performances of them on television,and,when live,her voice is shit.
Hate, rain on me

Leon

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2006, 11:04 »

There's nothing wrong with Evanescence, as long as you don't try to catagorize them. They make good music so listen for the music, not just because they are goth or punk or pop or whatever category you put them in.

Coonstar

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2006, 12:39 »

Yeaaaah people on this board don't care that much about genres here I think. Meaning that, we don't hate bands just because they're not indie or whatever. Because people who just listen to one genre of music are probably lying.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2006, 13:19 »

Unless it's metal. Then you can bag on it whenever you feel like.

But it's OK because we just ignore you!
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2006, 14:23 »

EXACTLY

And they are totally not goth; Not until they change their name to Christian Death and their lineup so that none of their members now are in it.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2006, 14:32 »

Quote from: hey_there_fatty
However,I believe that Amy Lee's voice is severely doctored. I've never caught a live show,but I have seen two performances of them on television,and,when live,her voice is shit.

I'm going to agree with you there.  It definitely sounds doctored on their studio releases.

Also, definitely going with everyone else on the goth thing.  That was my first thought when I read the OP.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2006, 14:37 »

I've decided that I hate this thread.

'I LUV DIS BAND AND ITS COZ IM DIFFERENT 2 U AND DERES NUFFIN U CAN DO ABOUT IT N U ALL GO ALONG WIV DA CROWD COZ IM MORE GOFF DAN U'

Ass.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2006, 14:40 »

Time to crack out the Christian Death lineup jokes!

@ TrueNeutral: You, or more accurately the people who label Epica, After Forever, Within Temptation etc. goth misunderstand the difference between gothic and symphonic metal. Whilst superficially similiar, there is a lot of difference between even Tristania and After Forever, let alone Type O Negative or Moonspell.

Interestingly however, that only goes for whether they're goth. All heavy metal is gothic, in the classical sense.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2006, 16:36 »

Quote from: span_inquesition92789
I once used Whisper to some good effect on a movie I made for a class. If you would like to veiw it, go to http://www.myspace.com/one_shot_one_kill10. I am told it is pretty good, give me some feedback on if you watch it. Thanks.

You can’t put a period at the end of your URL. It just doesn't work that way.

Not An Addict

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2006, 16:38 »

Has anyone noticed some strange links between Evanescence and Garbage? First, Evanescence did a cover of "Only Happy When It Rains" at one of their concerts. Second, both bands have female lead singers. And third, both track 4 on Fallen and track 4 on Version 2.0 start out with piano/guitar intros that sound EXACTLY THE SAME.

In conclusion: Evanescence are the new Garbage. Which means they have about one more good album left in them before they fade into obscurity, bubble up again with one single, then break up.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2006, 17:02 »

They're also both TOTALLY the music your angsty and slightly overweight little sister listens to.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

jcknbl

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2006, 17:23 »

They also both make fairly mediocre and forgetable music.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2006, 17:31 »

Quote from: tommydski
'little' eh?

Like, 12 little.

>_>

<_<

Ok, £500 in hand and not a word to the fuzz.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2006, 18:58 »

actually I've heard a crapload of live wevanexcne recordings

and while she isn't as good as on the record

shes still pretty damn awesome

i shoudlnt'bpost like this, too much booze, I apologicze to everyone and I will quit positng

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #23 on: 23 Apr 2006, 15:42 »

The sole reason for Evanescence's existence used to be Bring Me To Life.  Playing this song at full volume and full bass in your car while going down the highway at top speed... it was and it is fun.

The sole reason for their *continued* existence are Baby Bats and other anti-goths.  People who think that they should listen to 'em because it's all angsty and stuph.
Don't get me wrong, there are enough normal people out there who like 'em.  Hell, I own the Fallen album myself.  But they can't really take their music much further, I don't think.  There's only so much Emo music a band can produce before the lead singer implodes and creates a black hole that sucks the rest of the band in and ends its existence as we know it.  You know, like what happened to every other Gothy-Emo band from about 10 years ago.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Jedit

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #24 on: 23 Apr 2006, 15:53 »

Quote from: Not An Addict
both bands have female lead singers. And third, both track 4 on Fallen and track 4 on Version 2.0 start out with piano/guitar intros that sound EXACTLY THE SAME.

For that matter, every Evanescence track sounds exactly the friggin' same.

And Amy Lee's not hot, either.
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

soak

Re: You Might Hate Me
« Reply #25 on: 23 Apr 2006, 18:47 »

People might start hating me but I am going to say it. I love Evanescence. Go ahead make fun of me, people do. But don't insult me because they are goth. I hate when people do that. I don't care that they are goth. Good music is good music. It doesn't matter if the music is goth, or indie, or metal. or whatever. Good music is still good music. That is all I have to say on that, thank you

Yep, I hate you

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #26 on: 23 Apr 2006, 18:58 »

my favorite part is how he misspelled inquisition in his name, but not in his sig.

BRALLIANT!
also israel

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #27 on: 24 Apr 2006, 08:17 »

Quote from: Jedit
And Amy Lee's not hot, either.

And I think she is. ILL FIGHT YOU FOR IT! TEST OF TAKING!

Quote from: KharBevNor
@ TrueNeutral: You, or more accurately the people who label Epica, After Forever, Within Temptation etc. goth misunderstand the difference between gothic and symphonic metal. Whilst superficially similiar, there is a lot of difference between even Tristania and After Forever, let alone Type O Negative or Moonspell.

I actually know the difference, which is one of the reasons why it ticks me off when people label them all as Goth.

Especially Within Temptation. Whom I love. So much. That I would totally bear their manbabies.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #28 on: 24 Apr 2006, 08:30 »

Quote from: Tergon
The sole reason for Evanescence's existence used to be Bring Me To Life.  Playing this song at full volume and full bass in your car while going down the highway at top speed... it was and it is fun.

The sole reason for their *continued* existence are Baby Bats and other anti-goths.  People who think that they should listen to 'em because it's all angsty and stuph.
Don't get me wrong, there are enough normal people out there who like 'em.  Hell, I own the Fallen album myself.  But they can't really take their music much further, I don't think.  There's only so much Emo music a band can produce before the lead singer implodes and creates a black hole that sucks the rest of the band in and ends its existence as we know it.  You know, like what happened to every other Gothy-Emo band from about 10 years ago.

Evanescence don't have the depth to be emo.

And emo is pretty shallow.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #29 on: 24 Apr 2006, 08:44 »

making threads with the topic you chose is kinda really pointless, no offense.  I mean i am sure i like some music people here would poke fun at me about, but i dont make topics about how i love the lion king soundtrack and that there's nothing you'll do about it :p

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #30 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:20 »

I bet a lot of people want to kill me for the disproportionate amount of nu-metal I listen to. I don't care.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #31 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:25 »

Quote from: TrueNeutral
I bet a lot of people want to kill me for the disproportionate amount of nu-metal I listen to. I don't care.

Nope. You go, girl. Listen to all the nu-metal you want. Musical taste is a bad motive for murder.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #32 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:30 »

NU-METAL IS TOTALLY TEH SUXX0RZ.  I will never talk to you again after having found that out, though I took you seriously before!  I'm totally being serious here!  NU-METAL IS NEITHER TRUE NOR GRIM!
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Shaft

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Bass Cleft
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #33 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:35 »

I love reading, the Questinoable Content Web comic.

'scusemewhat?

That video is not very good either. You've not used the song in a video, you've made a mindless video of photos and clips strung together, with a song playing over the top. That's not using, that's exploiting.

What does Evanescence mean anyway...
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #34 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:45 »

TEST OF TAKING!

DD Refrences FTW

I used to listen to Evanescence. I still kinda like them, but realize that they aren't brilliant. I'll always owe them something, since they popped my concert cherry, but they arent anything that I'd listen to a lot.

Also, I realized that yeah, Amy Lee was 70% of my reasons for listening to the band. her voice is pretty kickass (and not doctored, I saw them live, and she sings IRL like she does on the albums), and they actually put on a little more hardcore show than the CDs. Except the metallica cover, but she tried to stop it, the band just wouldnt listen.[/quote]
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #35 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:53 »

There needs to be a power metal band inspired by Dominic Deegan. I am so sick of hearing about Morgoth and Sauron, why won't anyone write a song about Karnak and the Infernomancer?

Amy Lee used to be 70% of my reason for listening to them.

Now she's basically 100%.

Although, actually, from what I hear during their live DVD, the band has gotten better. I'm curious about their follow-up to Fallen, if only morbidly curious.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #36 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:56 »

There needs to be a power metal band inspired by Dominic Deegan. I am so sick of hearing about Morgoth and Sauron, why won't anyone write a song about Karnak and the Infernomancer?

Amy Lee used to be 70% of my reason for listening to them.

Now she's basically 100%.

Although, actually, from what I hear during their live DVD, the band has gotten better. I'm curious about their follow-up to Fallen, if only morbidly curious.

I'm curious because it's taken them three damn years and counting to do it.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #37 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:59 »

I'm also curious because their old guitarist jumped ship after Fallen's release (in mid-tour, which is kind of an asshole thing to do, I think) and I'd like to see if this guy is any better. It'd be hard not to be better.

EDIT: Wikipedia says they have two guitarists now. Hm.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #38 on: 24 Apr 2006, 11:01 »

Well, actually, since he wrote the songs, it'll be very, very hard.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #39 on: 24 Apr 2006, 11:04 »

Except for the Piano songs, anyway. Which is probably their best work. Even though My Immortal has been killed by Overplay.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #40 on: 24 Apr 2006, 11:54 »

Quote from: Shaft

it's like that weak glittery light that jellyfish or some fungus give off.
also israel

span_inquesition92789

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #41 on: 24 Apr 2006, 11:58 »

Quote from: Trollstormur
my favorite part is how he misspelled inquisition in his name, but not in his sig.

BRALLIANT!

I changed my sig, but I can not change my name. I would if I could.

span_inquesition92789

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #42 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:01 »

Quote from: Shaft

It means "a dissipation or dissaperance like a vapor". AND I WORKED MY ASS OFF TO MAKE THE TIMING RIGHT ON THAT MOVIE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #43 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:21 »

BRALLIANT!

Just re-register, you only have 15 posts.

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #44 on: 24 Apr 2006, 13:12 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid

BRALLIANT!

totally.

Anyway, I like some of evanescence's songs, but their music, while easy on the ears, isn't that interesting. That's not to say it's bad, or that I don't like it, there's just other stuff I'd rather spend my time listening to.

I remember a female friend of mine playing a song of theirs on the piano and singing it, and it was GORGEOUS. A lot of their songs would be nice simple acoustic tracks instead of how they sound now, which lets people dismiss them (somewhat rightly) as studio pop crap.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Not An Addict

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #45 on: 24 Apr 2006, 13:58 »

It's true - some of their songs are genuinely well-written, just overblown.

span_inquesition92789

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #46 on: 24 Apr 2006, 14:00 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid

BRALLIANT!

It won't let me re-register. It says "e-mail is already being used", or something like that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #47 on: 25 Apr 2006, 07:35 »

I have decided that based on his snotty 'don't hate me 'cause I'm different (i.e. the same)' rant post of little point, that I DO hate the original poster.

So there.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
You Might Hate Me
« Reply #48 on: 25 Apr 2006, 11:10 »

Quote from: Bastardous Bassist
NU-METAL IS TOTALLY TEH SUXX0RZ.  I will never talk to you again after having found that out, though I took you seriously before!  I'm totally being serious here!  NU-METAL IS NEITHER TRUE NOR GRIM!

Is it KRIEG, then?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

TrueNeutral

You Might Hate Me
« Reply #49 on: 25 Apr 2006, 11:16 »

No, Nu-Metal IST ANGST.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up