THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 11:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A band I'd suggest you all take a look at...  (Read 3078 times)

The Cosmic Fool

A band I'd suggest you all take a look at...
« on: 23 Apr 2006, 19:32 »

My first thread. And nothing more cooler than promotion of my favorite band to you fine people.

What is this band you say?
Machinae Supremacy.

So why would I go whoring off about some band? Simply because if they didn't play metal/rock/techno/sid or whatever you want to label them, they'd be indie to the core. They're located in Sweden and are really starting to take off in terms of fans. I can't really explain their style of music any better than this, it's all hard rock/metal/alternative songs inspired by video games. That's right, you heard me. When you listen to this stuff, it's the equivalent of taking a guitar, a vocalist and mixing it with a Commodore 64 computer.

The best part about them? Most of their music is free. They freely relase it on their website (you can find all of it in the Discography section). And they release 2 - 3 songs from each of their albums on the website as well. They take a strong stance against the RIAA, and all that jazz as well.

I can't explain them any better. So head to the website and download a few tracks. I would recommend:

- through the looking glass
- rise
- hero
- winterstorm
- ghost (beneath the surface)
- Player One
- Soundtrack to the Rebellion.

GO DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW!

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: A band I'd suggest you all take a look at...
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2006, 19:38 »

Quote from: The Cosmic Fool
it's all hard rock/metal/alternative songs inspired by video games.

If I wanted that, I'd listen to Horse the Band.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

The Cosmic Fool

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2006, 19:41 »

Listen before you judge?

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2006, 19:54 »

Shoot the singer and I'll consider listening to them.  I was accepting of the song I listened to until he came in, then I immediately had to close my browser to avoid finding them and killing him myself.  I, for one, will never listen to that stuff again.  Seriously.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

jcknbl

Re: A band I'd suggest you all take a look at...
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2006, 20:41 »

Quote from: The Cosmic Fool
So why would I go whoring off about some band? Simply because if they didn't play metal/rock/techno/sid or whatever you want to label them, they'd be indie to the core. They're located in Sweden and are really starting to take off in terms of fans. I can't really explain their style of music any better than this, it's all hard rock/metal/alternative songs inspired by video games.

Why would they be indie? I mean, I have no problem with metal/rock/techno but you should probably just say thats what they are. I mean, I guess they're probably on an independent label but I'm pretty sure most people stopped using that as the definition for indie.

In any case its not really my thing and I agree about the vocals. Also, video games are a really lame inspiration for music. But having a favorite band is good. Everyone should have a favorite band.

Gosh, I'm so nice today.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2006, 01:15 »

The music is pretty rad and the videogame connections and inspirations are pretty cool in a geeky kind of way but the singer should be shot multiple times in the crotch with a tazer then set on fire.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2006, 01:35 »

If they didnt play metal they'd be a one hit wonder band called "Orgy"
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2006, 06:33 »

I thought Orgy was a two-hit wonder. I memorized the lyrics to Blue Monday and Stitches simply because they were on so much.

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2006, 08:42 »

Hah, I freakin' love the singer. Cool band. I probably won't go as far as buying an album, but pretty nice stuff.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2006, 09:42 »

Quote from: casull
Hah, I freakin' love the singer.

I'm sorry.  On purpose?
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Shaft

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Bass Cleft
« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:38 »

How I listen?

Edit0r ok I founds it

Edit0r no2 Where is the videogame influences? It used a lo-bitrate synth sound... That's not video game influence god fuckkit.

The voice is horrible, yes.
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:47 »

Quote from: TrueNeutral
I thought Orgy was a two-hit wonder. I memorized the lyrics to Blue Monday and Stitches simply because they were on so much.

Stitches wasn't ANYWHERE near as big. they also had Digital, but all one hit wonders have a couple videos. Alien Ant Farm had three, and there's no arguing they are most definately a one hit wonder.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:56 »

They released Opticon as a single too. Which is probably my favourite of the four.

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:37 »

Quote from: Bastardous Bassist
Quote from: casull
Hah, I freakin' love the singer.

I'm sorry.  On purpose?

Well, I wasn't JUST saying that to be contrary. The combination of the scandinavian accent and processing is nifty, though I can see it being an instant love-or-hate thing.

To shaft: yeah, I don't really hear the video game influence either :/
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?
Pages: [1]   Go Up