THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard-Fi  (Read 2360 times)

thermodynamics

Hard-Fi
« on: 26 Apr 2006, 22:57 »

what does everyone in the forum think of them?

i got their cd today [7 dollars] and it isn't bad, but i can affirm what i had heard, as 'cash machine' seems to be the best song on the album... which is dissapointing. i thought they had more depth than that. o well. your turn.

jcknbl

Hard-Fi
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2006, 23:26 »

I think I ran across their video on Mtv late at night. Twice actually. Maybe it was VH1. In anycase I've only heard that one song. And I've only heard it twice bought I thought it was pretty boring and mediocre.

But thats just me vaguely remember what I think was the band you're talking about from when I was half asleep.

Miss Flashheart

Hard-Fi
« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2006, 04:50 »

Hard-Fi, oh dear lord, I can't stand them. All they ever sing about is the same stuff, going out and getting a woman, and it carries on like that. Also, most of their songs sound so similar that at times I can not tell which one is playing.

I really hope they don't bring out another album...

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Hard-Fi
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2006, 09:47 »

I love Hard-Fi. May not be a great deal of depth, but they're tight musicians, simple, nice production, and great pop hooks. That's fine by me. Live on the soul-rock.

Quote from: Miss Flashheart
Hard-Fi, oh dear lord, I can't stand them. All they ever sing about is the same stuff, going out and getting a woman, and it carries on like that. Also, most of their songs sound so similar that at times I can not tell which one is playing.

I really hope they don't bring out another album...

>_>
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

TrueNeutral

Hard-Fi
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2006, 11:09 »

Man, usually I bow down to the superior music knowledge of people on this forum, but what you just called the best song on their album is one of the worst songs I have ever heard, and it's so goddamn inescapable (at some point heard six times in one hour despite not listening to radio often or watching tv) that my 'really disliking it' has transformed into pure rage and hatred.

I mean, I totally expected this to be full of sarcastic comments as a Creed or Good Charlotte thread would be. I didn't expect it to be 'acceptable' to talk about this band non-ironically. That's how bad I thought this song was. I didn't figure the people here would even think the band would be worth seriously criticising.

TrueNeutral

Hard-Fi
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2006, 12:46 »

Actually, usually when I don't like something I'm all apologetic about it. Hell, when I like something and someone else doesn't I'm all apologetic about it. That should give you an idea on how much I hate Cash Machine.

TrueNeutral

Hard-Fi
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2006, 13:17 »

Well, yes. I have only heard The Cash Machine, so I can't judge on the rest of the band. I was actually talking about the song in my earlier post as well. The song is so bad that I actually had to assume that the band was some ultra-hated poprock band like Good Charlotte.
Pages: [1]   Go Up