THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 01:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starcraft: Ghost disappeared  (Read 3359 times)

Jiperlee

Starcraft: Ghost disappeared
« on: 16 May 2006, 15:06 »

Its disappeared off the main blizzard page- like, theres no sign of it or even mention of it in the news history. Its just freakin' gone. People are thinking Blizzard is pulling a 'Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans', and cancelling a near complete project because they don't like how its going.

But.....they already have multiplayer and such.....they were letting people play it at their convention.....

Some people are saying Blizzard is making it into a book(like the aforementioned game)

This is just bizzare- no mention of it going- they just removed it entirely....

Think they cancelled it?

http://scgcentral.com/

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2006, 17:15 »

They did indeed cancel it. It was on Gamespot.com's podcast a few weeks back.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2006, 18:58 »

*ahem* OMFG.

I've been saying that starcraft ghost was a myth and that they would never release it.  I was hoping I was wrong.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2006, 19:13 »

I saw this when I got WoW for my birthday and went on their website. It went roughly like this.

Where's the Ghost page, I want to see when it's coming out.
Hmm, where'd it go?
(Wikipedia and sadness)

It makes me sad, but it may have been too ambitious of a project for their return to system games. I guess I'd rather this than they put out a piece of shit that wouldn't be fun to play.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Jiperlee

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2006, 21:18 »

At the very, very, absolutely least, they should have gave out the Multiplayer for free to PC gamers! I mean, thats how we got Enemy Territory, and apparently the Multiplayer was Fucking Awesome. Yea, I capitalized the word fucking and awesome. thats called empathsis motherfucker. But, I dygress, you could ride in a Tank in this game! Hop in and out of the Marine and Firebat armor- speed around in Vultures and take command of freakin' Command Centers. And this is only one side- it never was clearly explained weather they would attempt to include other races in the multiplayer......

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2006, 22:26 »

Quote from: Jiperlee
Yea, I capitalized the word fucking and awesome. thats called empathsis motherfucker.

Actually, it's called emphasis.

Jiperlee

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2006, 12:23 »

That also was Emphasis.

Alegis

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2006, 13:23 »

And Enemy Territory was bloody good fun.

This is Blizz way. Ain't good enough? Remove completely.

Jiperlee

« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2006, 14:41 »

Its stupid!

If they go the Enemy Territory way, they got a way to promote any Starcraft 2 throughout the internet, all the while only costing them the price to convert the game from Console to PC(I suppose they could do console too, but since they'd have to sell it, it'd defeat the purpose of not releasing the full game anyways....

Daphoid

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2006, 18:05 »

Ghost has been cancelled and/or put on hold as per Blizzard press release from about a month ago.

Also it's impossible to "give the multiplayer to the PC Gamers" because it's not a PC title, it was being developed as a Playstation 2 title.

- D
Pages: [1]   Go Up