THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warped tour '06  (Read 7013 times)

artful dodger

Warped tour '06
« on: 28 Apr 2006, 20:06 »

so the latest band on the fueled by ramen label is touring now. the band is out of upsate new york (where i was born actually) and they ahve been together for about 2ish years now. their first album "the paper cut cronicles" is great. their second album is done but wont be out till 7/11. im just mentioning this cuz they will also be on the warped tour. anyone else want to rant about a favorite band of theirs thats gonna be on tour this year? feel free.

jcknbl

Warped tour '06
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2006, 20:13 »

Apparently State Radio are on the warped tour. Now thats screwed-up cause they're the guy from Dispatch's new band. Fucking Dispatch and now the guy is on the warped tour. Wtf?

Oh, in general I can't stand the type of bands that end up on that tour.

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
Warped tour '06
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2006, 21:00 »

The only fucking reason I'm going is for AFI. There are a few other bands that I'll check out while I'm there though. But what the hell, I haven’t payed for a warped tour in like three years. Good old Thunderbird Stadium

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
Warped tour '06
« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2006, 21:50 »

THE FUCKING BUZZCOCKS ARE PLAYING WARPED TOUR.  THE BUZZCOCKS.  THE.  BUZZ.  COCKS.

if i felt like throwing $35-45 dollars at a thirty-minute Buzzcocks set, i would go, but seriously, i could go to like 2 or 3 (maybe 4) REAL shows (i.e., in which the headliner is allowed to play a full set) for that kind of money.

also, i should be put in charge of Warped Tour.  i would probably squander the entire budget trying to convince Jawbreaker to reunite, but it would be worth it.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Brian Majestic

• Obscure cultural reference
Warped tour '06
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2006, 23:04 »

Bands I'd go for:

Buzzccocks
Die Hunns
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Living End (though it'd be better if they decided to skip songs from Modern Artilery)

I'd go even sooner if I get in for free (let us bow our heads and pray to the patron saint of cheap-asses)

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Warped tour '06
« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2006, 23:06 »

maybe if ed hall was playing.
also israel

Rubby

Warped tour '06
« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2006, 00:58 »

Quote from: ImRonBurgundy?
THE FUCKING BUZZCOCKS ARE PLAYING WARPED TOUR.  THE BUZZCOCKS.  THE.  BUZZ.  COCKS.

WHAT!!! Not where I live. Jerk!

valley_parade

• coprophage
Warped tour '06
« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2006, 08:53 »

OH FUCK YOU NOT ON THE DATE I'M GOING. -sniffle, cry- Neither are Catch 22. BUT OH WOW, SUM 41 ARE!!!! Oh god, help me.

Anyway..bands I'm glad to see? Rise Against, Thursday, Reggie and the Full Effect, nofx and Helmet.

The friend I'm going with is pretty psyched about seeing Zox and The Academy Is.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
Warped tour '06
« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2006, 20:23 »

Do you really like NOFX?  After what they did to Propagandhi I have no respect for them whatsoever.

Also, what's with the upside-down Mark Bellhorn avatar?
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Warped tour '06
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2006, 20:39 »

What'd they do to Propagandhi?
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
Warped tour '06
« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2006, 20:44 »

Quote from: Rubby
The only fucking reason I'm going is for AFI. There are a few other bands that I'll check out while I'm there though. But what the hell, I haven’t payed for a warped tour in like three years. Good old Thunderbird Stadium

So, what other bands at the Vancouver date are worth checking out?  If I can find a few, I may go, but nothing that I've seen down on the list intruiges me, really, though I haven't heard of loads of them.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Warped tour '06
« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2006, 22:25 »

Quote from: Flaming Ostrich
Also, what's with the upside-down Mark Bellhorn avatar?

My friend used the original on a Red Sox forum we're both on, and I just figured I'd flip it.

And I'm with Kai on this one..what'd they do?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

ImRonBurgundy?

Warped tour '06
« Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2006, 23:06 »

Quote from: Kai
What'd they do to Propagandhi?

Fat Mike bumped them off one of the Rock Against Bush comps because they refused to excise a swipe at George Soros from the statement they had written for the liner notes.

i assume that's what he's referring to.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Warped tour '06
« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2006, 06:37 »

That's slightly retarded.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Warped tour '06
« Reply #14 on: 30 Apr 2006, 07:57 »

Quote from: Valley_Parade

OH FUCK YOU NOT ON THE DATE I'M GOING. -sniffle, cry- Neither are Catch 22. BUT OH WOW, SUM 41 ARE!!!! Oh god, help me.

Anyway..bands I'm glad to see? Rise Against, Thursday, Reggie and the Full Effect, nofx and Helmet.

The friend I'm going with is pretty psyched about seeing Zox and The Academy Is.

*poke* You're a Rise Against fan I see; I adore the Unravelling album, from front to back. It's amazing. Is it worth buying their other albums? The latest one has Swing on it, so I was probably going to buy it anyway; are they worth the money?
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Warped tour '06
« Reply #15 on: 30 Apr 2006, 08:48 »

Yeah, I think Revolutions Per Minute and Siren Song are worth getting if you like the first one.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Warped tour '06
« Reply #16 on: 30 Apr 2006, 09:07 »

I love Rise Against, although I haven't listened to much of them. I only have Revolutions Per Minute.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
Warped tour '06
« Reply #17 on: 30 Apr 2006, 10:30 »

accidentally posted twice

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
Warped tour '06
« Reply #18 on: 30 Apr 2006, 10:31 »

Alright, here's the whole NOFX/Propagandhi thing:  Fat Mike asked them to be on his craptastic compilation "Rock Against Bush."  They said they would as long as Fat Mike knew that they hated both candidates.  Now Fat Mike was in cahoots with this billionaire named George Serose who (in Fat Mike's words) ". . . makes his money screwing over third-world countries. . ."   Now that's some pretty shady business right there.  Anyway, George Serose hates Bush too so he was going to have his company send out hundreds of thousands of e-mails advertising Rock Against Bush (essentially spamming).  When Propagandhi sent in their song they insisted that next to it on the track list on the back of the album it would say "This message not brought to you by George Serose."  Fat Mike declined and refused to let them be on the album.  So basically Fat Mike chose to be loyal to a character almost as (if not more) bad as Bush rather than a band he had been friends with for well over ten years. 

On Propagandhi's most recent album, "Potemkin City Limits," which kicks the shit out of anything ever released by NOFX they have a song called "Rock For Sustainable Capitalism" which references (among other things) what a hypocrite Fat Mike is.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2007, 10:46 by Flaming Ostrich »

ramenXnoodles

Warped tour '06
« Reply #19 on: 30 Apr 2006, 10:44 »

I'd go for AFI, but I don't feel like going to San Antonio when they're probably coming here this fall anyways.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Warped tour '06
« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2006, 12:10 »

Well, awesome for typing out that whole story.

I never liked NOFX anyways, so whatever. I do like Propagandhi and Stick That Fucking Flag Up Your Goddamn Ass, You Son Of a Bitch is one of my favorite songs ever.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Warped tour '06
« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2006, 13:46 »

also, i should be put in charge of Warped Tour.  i would probably squander the entire budget trying to convince Jawbreaker to reunite, but it would be worth it.

It'd be worth every penny....I think I'm drooling at the thought. I'd travel anywhere to see them play.

I can't bring myself to pay 50 bucks for the Warped lineup. I personally don't think there's anything more fun then being smashed up and dancing with a bunch of punk fans, but good Lord, do I hate emo music. If it was the lineup from three years ago, I'd be there with bells on, but this just makes me a little sad.
I like the way you work it.

Rubby

Warped tour '06
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2006, 23:45 »

Do you know what I sometimes say to Propagandhi? I sometimes say: “Hey you band, don’t condescend to me when I cheer for you at a show I paid $15 to see because fans like me put food on your table you sons of bitches.”
That’s what I sometimes say.

spgphil

Warped tour '06
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2006, 01:38 »

somehow the "germs" are going to be on warped tour. They're getting someone to cover for darby crash. I don't see the point, it's almost like the ramones without joey. Also it;s been over 25 years, why now?

ImRonBurgundy?

Warped tour '06
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2006, 07:11 »

know what makes it worse?  it's this guy.

this guy is going to be replacing Darby Crash.  it's a fucking marketing tie-in with a Goddamn movie about the Germs.  if that's not the most anti-punk rock thing ever, i don't know what is.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Warped tour '06
« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2006, 09:17 »

Quote from: Skibas_clavicle
I can't bring myself to pay 50 bucks for the Warped lineup.

Bahahaha, it's that much? We got ours in the presale, $20 a piece.

Quote from: Flaming Ostrich
Oh, and did I mention that the show freakin' rocked?

Obviously. Bad Religion was involved and they're my favorite band ever.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Warped tour '06
« Reply #26 on: 01 May 2006, 14:46 »

....thats just sad. . .the germs. . .oh how sad. ugh.

on a lighter note: holy shit the buzzcocks!? i bet they arent playing anywhere near me. good bands always drop off the tour right before washington/oregon. and as if that wasnt bad enough, they will often rejoin the tour up in canada. they just skip us, the bastards.
i need to research
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

spgphil

Warped tour '06
« Reply #27 on: 01 May 2006, 14:50 »

know what makes it worse?  it's this guy.

this guy is going to be replacing Darby Crash.  it's a fucking marketing tie-in with a Goddamn movie about the Germs.  if that's not the most anti-punk rock thing ever, i don't know what is.

You have got to be fucking kidding me...

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Warped tour '06
« Reply #28 on: 01 May 2006, 15:23 »

NO PLEASE DON'T REUNITE GERMS A SMALL PORTION OF ME WILL DIE INSIDE
Pages: [1]   Go Up