THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Smash Brothers Brawl  (Read 336057 times)

mookers

Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #100 on: 20 Jul 2006, 11:19 »

OH MY GOD!

'NAME'S ASH.. *pumps shotgun in extremely cool way* HOUSEWARES.'

good? bad? i'm just the guy with the gun.

geekoutaaaaaaagh.

mookers

Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #101 on: 20 Jul 2006, 11:31 »

all his attacks would just be his badass quotes which would make the other characters' heads explode a la Scanners.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #102 on: 20 Jul 2006, 15:53 »

I've been saying this since the first game came out for the N64...

I WANNA SEE BOMBERMAN.

Why not? I can actually see him fitting right in.

Plus, he IS a Nintendo exclusive, right?

Edit: Other characters I'd like to see:
Krystal (from recent Starfox games), Pico (or some other F-Zero character), Another cool Pokemon (perhaps Blaziken?).

Marke`

Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #103 on: 20 Jul 2006, 22:33 »

I think that if any Sonic character were to go in it would have to be Shadow... now HES badass! Other than that Krystal would be cool if they gave her a staff. Cheers, Marke`

Thy Dungeonman

Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #104 on: 20 Jul 2006, 23:24 »

Sonic and/or Shadow would probably be too fast for the SSB platforms, but then again, Shadow has guns.

Also, I think Paper Mario would also be a pretty cool character.

mookers

Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #105 on: 21 Jul 2006, 16:44 »

Paper Mario would be pretty neat, but there's already Luigi and Dr. Mario.. i really hope the latter doesn't make the cut this time. pointless guy.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Re: Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #106 on: 19 May 2007, 11:34 »

Thread necromancy!

There is going to be a major site relaunch with a bunch of news in 2 days, guys! I am super excited.

What do you guys think they're going to announce? More characters? Which characters from the first two games are coming back? Hopefully a release date?

Rrrrrghgeekout.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #107 on: 19 May 2007, 11:53 »

I hope it's new characters. They've had the same 10 for like a year.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #108 on: 19 May 2007, 13:38 »

I hope all of the characters (svae for Pichu and Dr. Mario) return, along with many new ones. SSB seriously needs a cast that is huge on a Marvel Vs. Capcom level.
Hate, rain on me

Duchess Tapioca

• Larger than most fish
    • Somebody wrote something about me on the internet!
« Reply #109 on: 23 May 2007, 18:47 »

There is Bowser right? I do not care who they add, I will lumber over there and pound their asses to the ground.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #110 on: 23 May 2007, 19:58 »

Bowser has not been officially confirmed yet, but I'm pretty sure that all or nearly all of the characters from the first two games will return. The word is Zero Suit Samus might not be a separate character, but a sort of Zelda/Sheik deal that activates in certain conditions that may or may not be under the player's control.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #111 on: 23 May 2007, 21:42 »

According to Reggie, the game will definitely be out by the end of the year.

According to Reggie.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #112 on: 23 May 2007, 22:51 »

I don't think they can afford to let it slip into '08. The Wii needs quality first-party games, and soon, lest it become permanently branded as a gimmick. I'm betting September or October.

Also, hearing Snake say 'Showtime!' in a ridiculously over-the-top Japanese accent is still completely awesome.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2007, 00:01 by Storm Rider »

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #113 on: 24 May 2007, 12:54 »

[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #114 on: 24 May 2007, 16:21 »

The first update with actually new info hit the site today! There is a Gooey Bomb that you can throw and will stick to people! It's timed, and you can 'pass it' to another person by touching them. That sounds awesome, because as soon as you throw it it becomes like a game of Hot Potato with explosions.

Narr

« Reply #115 on: 24 May 2007, 17:02 »

Is it bad I don't know who Ashley J. Williams is?

And is it bad I'm not happy about reskinned Samus?  Samus... Samus, there's just something hardcore about her and her orange suit.  Samus, she's the shit.  She's the bomb.  Hell, I'll say it: Samus Aran is The Man.

And while it'd never happen for myriad reasons (even though the Super Nintendo was, by far, the best platform ever for those games), I think it'd be quite entertaining to see a Mortal Kombat character in the Smash Brothers setting.
Uh, to my knowledge, they didn't reskin Samus?  She's still in her power suit.  Samus without a suit is just a new character, sort of like Link vs. Little Link.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #116 on: 24 May 2007, 17:31 »

Maybe, but I've also heard someone suggest (I forget where, so I don't know if this actually came from the development staff or not) that it could be like Zelda/Sheik, where it is part of the same character, just with different abilities. I can't pretend to know for sure though.

epifreak

« Reply #117 on: 24 May 2007, 17:45 »

Man, fuck little Link. I don't think I ever saw anyone play little link unless they were just dicking around.

Anyway, back on topic: I think sonic would fit in fairly well. I also think Chrono might be a good fit, though the characters are probably owned by Square. Since I'm dreaming anyway, how about Terra, Locke, or Edgar from FF6? Edgar or Locke in particular, I think could work; I'm not so sure about Terra, though.

Narr

« Reply #118 on: 24 May 2007, 18:09 »

Megaman would be a fantastic fit for this game, especially if they gave him powers he had in the first 3 megaman games (because those were the best ones, obviously).

Simon Belmont is also a must.  I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu from the Ninja Gaiden games, either, but he's an X-Box guy now so that wouldn't happen.

Anyway, I am pumped for this game.

epifreak

« Reply #119 on: 24 May 2007, 18:37 »

On the subject of megaman, what about zero as well?

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #120 on: 25 May 2007, 06:04 »

Man, fuck little Link. I don't think I ever saw anyone play little link unless they were just dicking around.

From what I've heard of the cast, young Link has been dropped in favor of cell-shaded Link from Wind Waker. Along those lines, it's been circulated that Dr. Mario was dropped in favor of Paper Mario. This is all unsubstantiated rumor, though.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #121 on: 25 May 2007, 06:15 »

If they're going to have megaman, bring protoman from the Megaman Battle Network games that would be cool.
As far as bomberman goes, while he would be very cool, Link can already generate bombs which as far as I can see would be bombermans only ability. meaning that he would be now where near as good as link who has a ton of other abilities.
Though maybe you could give bomberman a variety of bombs, like floating, homing, teleporting or even bombs that can blow chunks out of the map. 
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #122 on: 25 May 2007, 07:33 »

You know what this game needs?? The Virtual Boy as an item that you throw at someone. It attaches to their head and makes them dizzy and sick.

notselfcreated

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #123 on: 25 May 2007, 19:08 »

Square is coming out with an SSB knock-off with its own characters - Final Fantasy Dissidia. I hope it doesn't suck. Cuz, you know, Ehrgeiz.

I've got a buddy who uses Young Link exclusively. He's good, but I still beat him with big Link.

I hope that SSBB will reduce or eliminate skin-swap characters entirely, giving previous swaps their own unique fighting styles. Especially Ganondorf.

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #124 on: 25 May 2007, 20:46 »

As far as bomberman goes, while he would be very cool, Link can already generate bombs which as far as I can see would be bombermans only ability. meaning that he would be now where near as good as link who has a ton of other abilities.
Though maybe you could give bomberman a variety of bombs, like floating, homing, teleporting or even bombs that can blow chunks out of the map. 
He has all kinds of bomb effects and moves. Water bombs, fire bombs, even salt bombs. I'm sure Nintendo could find a way to put him in and make him unique. The alternate costumes are practically already done, since there were 4 different Bombermans to begin with.

And yeah, I never found much use for Young Link. Especially since I was never good with regular Link.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #125 on: 25 May 2007, 21:20 »

I think sonic would fit in fairly well.

There was an EGM or Nintendo Power or something back in early 2002 about the GC version of SSB that said if on some version of the game you didn't die while beating 50 guys, you'd get both Sonic and Tails as playable characters.  My roommates and I tried for ever to beat that, but we couldn't.

Turns out that it was an April Fool's joke by the magazine. We were pissed.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Disgruntled Jack

« Reply #126 on: 25 May 2007, 23:02 »

I once convinced myfriends t od oan all-kirby match (since he's the only character whose move set I've ever bothered to memorize)

It was interesting, fun, and extremely pointless

I am excited about additions of Meta-Knight (The only badass puffball in existance) and Wario, though I wish they'd had his regular outfit instead of that goofy biker get-up.

Narr

« Reply #127 on: 26 May 2007, 11:30 »

I think sonic would fit in fairly well.

There was an EGM or Nintendo Power or something back in early 2002 about the GC version of SSB that said if on some version of the game you didn't die while beating 50 guys, you'd get both Sonic and Tails as playable characters.  My roommates and I tried for ever to beat that, but we couldn't.

Turns out that it was an April Fool's joke by the magazine. We were pissed.
It was EGM.  EGM's April Fool's jokes are legendary.

The one that suckered us was back when GoldenEye came out.  They doctored up some images to make you think that the last code was "Original Bonds" and let you use Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, etc. as characters for multiplayer.  You had to do something stupidly insane to earn it, but we had a friend who was so good at the game he could.  We were pretty upset.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #128 on: 27 May 2007, 11:22 »

When is this game supposed to come out again?? If it's still this year, they're keeping it amazingly under wraps as far as characters and game modes go. I know they've said definitely that there will be online multiplayer, but I wonder how it's going to work insofar as matchmaking and whatnot.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #129 on: 27 May 2007, 11:31 »

It has been repeatedly confirmed as a '07 release, most recently by Reggie.

I don't find this necessarily surprising, it seems a lot of publishers have been keeping their games under tight wraps right now. A bunch of Sony's PS3 stuff is set to come out this holiday season, but we didn't know anything about Heavenly Sword, Rachet and Clank, Uncharted, etc. until Sony's Gamer's Day just a couple weeks ago.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #130 on: 28 May 2007, 01:21 »

There's the website that's getting updated daily with stuff.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Ally

« Reply #131 on: 03 Jun 2007, 08:06 »

Isle Delfino stage! Looks so cool.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #132 on: 03 Jun 2007, 11:24 »

They've also finally named the super attacks that were shown in the E3 trailer. They're called Final Smashes, and the item that triggers them is called a Smash Ball.

You can also run and jump while using a shooting item, too.

Ally

« Reply #133 on: 03 Jun 2007, 11:27 »

That sucks though. I loved being Falco and watching people charge up the super scope and then using my deflector to kill them.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #134 on: 03 Jun 2007, 11:29 »

Well, if the people you were playing against were any good they would have known better than to use the Super Scope against you anyway.

Also, I just want them to reveal more characters already. Mostly I want to know if Marth is still in the game or not. Pleeeease let Marth be in Brawl.

ImRonBurgundy?

• "That's all," he added.
« Reply #135 on: 03 Jun 2007, 13:44 »

The inclusion and character re-design of Pit makes me hopeful for a new Kid Icarus game, which would be so tight.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #136 on: 04 Jun 2007, 11:11 »

The site now has a new arrangement for the ending of Yoshi's Story. Does this mean Yoshi is a confirmed character?

ImRonBurgundy?

« Reply #137 on: 04 Jun 2007, 14:48 »

I would be surprised if Yoshi wasn't in the game.  I think the most likely characters to get cut are Ice Climbers, followed by possibly Mewtwo, Pichu, and Mr. Game & Watch.  Nobody I knew got much use out of those characters in Melee (although Mr. Game & Watch was fun), so I'm inclined to say that they were probably some of the less-popular ones.

EDIT: And the "clone" characters (Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link) might be cut or hopefully given unique moves, since they were pretty much last-minute additions to Melee.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2007, 14:51 by ImRonBurgundy? »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #138 on: 04 Jun 2007, 16:35 »

Well, considering today's update was a Yoshi-themed song, I think that would more or less confirm his presence in the game.

I really hope they give Ganondorf a unique moveset and put him back in, because I feel like he's a notable enough character to deserve inclusion. Certainly more than say, Pit. And I know a lot of people who used Mewtwo in Melee.

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #139 on: 04 Jun 2007, 17:13 »

I agree about Ganondorf. They should also change up Falco, but I'm not sure how they'd do that. Maybe they should replace him with Krystal. Or even Wolf.

I had a Mewtwo phase in Melee, but I wasn't very good with him. It did lead me to start using Ness, who is my best character.

ImRonBurgundy?

« Reply #140 on: 04 Jun 2007, 20:55 »

I really hope they give Ganondorf a unique moveset and put him back in, because I feel like he's a notable enough character to deserve inclusion.

Apparently, if you use the debug menu in Melee, there's a model of Ganondorf with his sword, which hints that they may have been planning to give him a unique moveset, but ran out of time and made him a Captain Falcon clone instead.

Gladjaframpf

« Reply #141 on: 07 Jun 2007, 13:44 »

Hopefully they'll start announcing some more new characters soon. I don't have anyone I particularly want to be in it, but I'm still really interested to see who they're adding.

I heard that they said there would be 50 characters total in Brawl, so if all the old characters from Melee and going to be included there are 20 slots left.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #142 on: 07 Jun 2007, 15:18 »

My #1 hopeful is Ridley (Of Metroid fame). I'd shit a brick if he was in it.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #143 on: 07 Jun 2007, 16:52 »

Ridley's far too big to be an actual fighter. If I recall correctly, he was actually part of a stage in Melee.

I have a prediction though: Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 2. They could give her (it?) different abilities from regular Samus, like the Ice Beam or something.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #144 on: 07 Jun 2007, 18:16 »

Hopefully they'll start announcing some more new characters soon. I don't have anyone I particularly want to be in it, but I'm still really interested to see who they're adding.

I heard that they said there would be 50 characters total in Brawl, so if all the old characters from Melee and going to be included there are 20 slots left.

50 characters?! Shit damn. That's some Marvel Vs. Every-Fucking-Body-SNK-Would-Let-Us-Use number action right there.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #145 on: 07 Jun 2007, 19:32 »

I'll buy that when I see it. If there were going to be 50 characters, I can't understand why they would be keeping any characters beyond the ones in the two trailers so secret. I'm betting it will be closer to 35 or so. They'll definitely add more than the ones they've announced, but they also might take away a few from Melee.

I hope they do Poo from Earthbound, if only so you can hear the announcer say "The winner is... Poo!"
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2007, 19:36 by Storm Rider »

ImRonBurgundy?

« Reply #146 on: 07 Jun 2007, 19:45 »

Instead of fighting the wireframes in the challenge modes, you should be able to fight your Miis.  That would be fun as hell.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #147 on: 07 Jun 2007, 20:31 »

Man, if you could use your Mii as a sort of Create-a-fighter that would be so freaking rad.

ImRonBurgundy?

« Reply #148 on: 07 Jun 2007, 23:08 »

Apparently at some point they said there was going to be some kind of Mii support.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #149 on: 08 Jun 2007, 22:17 »

Today's Dojo update confirmed GCN controller and Classic Controller support.

Hell yes!

Refering to previous posts:

Ridley was not in Melee except for as a trophy. Kraid was part of a stage.

Ganondorf's model with a sword is actually one of his multiplayer victory poses. It doesn't suggest him ever having a unique moveset(though he should.)

I know plenty of people who used Mewtwo. Damn good technical character. Pichu and Ice Climbers are generally unused in my group. Mr. G'n'W tends to get played a lot, just to piss off people with a sudden 9 out of nowhere.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Up