THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smash Brothers Brawl  (Read 336093 times)

Narr

Re: Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #1100 on: 18 Apr 2008, 13:33 »

Beat Sub-Space Emissary and then go back to the stages that have new flags on them.  Wolf's in one of those stages, although I can't remember which one off the top of my head.  That's also how you get Jigglypuff and... uh... someone else.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #1101 on: 18 Apr 2008, 14:37 »

You can also get Toon Link that way, although you can get him by beating Classic on Hard after finishing the SSE as well, if I recall correctly.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #1102 on: 18 Apr 2008, 14:38 »

You can also finish Boss Battle with Fox (any difficulty) after beating the Subspace Emissary.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1103 on: 18 Apr 2008, 18:33 »

yeah wolf is really pretty hard to get (if there's a way that isnt through the SSE.) i dont remember the details, i'd just gamefaqs it

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #1104 on: 18 Apr 2008, 19:57 »

Toon Link is so goddamn hard if you fight him at the end of Link's classic mode (after SSE). It is much easier (since you don't have to go through the whole classic mode) to get him in SSE after completing it.
Hate, rain on me

Dephs

« Reply #1105 on: 26 May 2008, 16:59 »

Hey, my friend code is 2578-4127-1694 if you want to hit me up. I've been following this thread for a while, but I just now got around to getting an account and my wii online.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #1106 on: 27 May 2008, 00:19 »

Nobody here knows you.
Hate, rain on me

B.C.

« Reply #1107 on: 02 Jun 2008, 04:49 »

Has anybody mentioned how awesome DeDeDe is?
Because DeDeDe is pretty awesome, probably my "best" character if I'm ever forced to choose one for matches.

I treat this game like a fighting game with a party game atmosphere. Once you learn most of the basic intricacies there's very little stopping you from playing every single character in the game and fairing well with them.

I've got a rotating door of characters (DeDeDe, Snake, Pit, Falco, Diddy Kong, Samus, Meta Knight, Mario, Luigi, Lucas, Ness, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Olimar, Link, and Wario) that I enjoy playing in random rotation. If anybody is up for some brawling just ask and I can get my friend code up.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1108 on: 02 Jun 2008, 20:44 »

I think that it's true that everyone can be reasonably good with most characters in the same way that someone who learns to play ryu can be "good" at street fighter.  Quarter circles only get you so far before youre in over your head, same with Smash, imo.

B.C.

« Reply #1109 on: 02 Jun 2008, 20:51 »

Seems like a fair enough analogy.

Thing I've enjoyed most about Brawl (and the Smash Bros. series in general) is that I've been able to enjoy it from both the competitive and party sides of the "scene". I think that anybody who totally forsakes either side of the spectrum is truly missing what the game is about.

In essence:

"Sure you can chain throw someone across the map with DeDeDe then follow them off the stage and air spike them off the side, but can you handle 20 different explosions on screen at once while there is a very large puppy blocking the screen?"

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #1110 on: 19 Jul 2008, 21:42 »

I enjoy pit alot, and his Hiyiyiyi moves are really annoying to hear all the time which really helps get into your opponents heads.  Ive yet to find anyone that can kick my ass or even win most of the time period.  Unfortunately I dont have the game or a Wii my play time is limited and inconsistent.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1111 on: 21 Jul 2008, 00:34 »

Man Wolf is easy to unlock. The trick is to ignore SSE and just do 450 brawls. SSE is pretty much the opposite of fun.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #1112 on: 21 Jul 2008, 02:00 »

If we are still talking about this my favorite characters are Dedede and Lucas. The latter because he is both fun to use and his final smash is just the coolest.
Hate, rain on me

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1113 on: 15 Aug 2008, 06:34 »

So even though a few months ago I started arguments in this thread about how I like Melee more than Brawl, me and my friends have essentially only been playing one video game this summer and it's Brawl. My best character's have moved to Diddy and Pokemon Trainer (to the point that my friends actually say that Diddy has been ruined for them.) In particular Diddy became my favorite after I learned glide tossing, which may be the most fun technique in any Smash game for me.

I played Melee the other day again and felt like I couldn't even play it anymore, it was kind of frustrating.

Somehow I'm better at Smash 64 than I ever was, though.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #1114 on: 15 Aug 2008, 12:20 »

I had the same feeling about Melee. I couldn't play it again. The characters felt heavy compared to Brawl.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up