THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 23:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new X-men(HELLA SPOILERS!)  (Read 41197 times)

AJTaliesen

The new X-men(HELLA SPOILERS!)
« Reply #150 on: 22 Jul 2006, 13:53 »

Quote from: AceGun
do you remember that video that the professor showed to his class?  and he talked about doing something that may or may not be ethical?  yah, he did that.  So basically, Moira comes to check the status of the coma patient, and then he starts to talk in Xavier's voice.  she says "Charles?" and then it's over.

I remember the video...I don't remember who moira is...nor do I remember a coma patient.

Is there a way to explain this further to me?  (not gonna go see it again and don't feel like waiting for dvd).

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #151 on: 22 Jul 2006, 15:10 »

Moira is Moira McTaggart.  Look it up.  She's figured pretty heavily in most of the X-Men continuities.

It's implied that Xavier, using his ginormous super mutant brain, transferred his consciousness to her braindead patient.

Quote from: jedit
Besides, the "ZOMG Juggernaut is my stepbrother!" thing was one of the many crappy retcons foisted on X-Men during the Completely Shitty Writing years

Really?  Because I've read issues 12 & 13 of the Uncanny X-Men, and Lee & Kirby made pretty sure that that was a major point of the story.  So are we referring to the first year of the existence of X-Men as "The Crappy Writing Years" now?

/SUPERGEEK MODE

AJTaliesen

« Reply #152 on: 23 Jul 2006, 08:26 »

::shrug::

Oh well.  Not gonna look up comics to explain movie.

Weak that they did this at all.  Extra weak for putting it at the end of the credits.  Stop trying to make us sit through your 49857574636 page list of who give s a crap who worked on this movie.

I give the movie a D.  I don't care about your damn comic books, never did, nor do most people who watch allot of these movies.  The first two were good movies, I enjoyed them.  This was fluffy garbage for the most part.  Worth a couple bucks and a bag of popcorn, but I'm done with X-men and spin offs I think.

I'd give it another try if they brought back Singer, or Joss Whedon.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #153 on: 23 Jul 2006, 11:16 »

Quote from: Jedit
continuity

May I?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Continuity hurts my reptillian brain. And why is there debate over a self-contained movie trilogy's continuity?
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #154 on: 24 Jul 2006, 11:09 »

because trilogy obviously means there must be at least 10 movies!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up