THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 06:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pitchfork Festival?  (Read 2248 times)

Pierre the Poet

Pitchfork Festival?
« on: 25 Jul 2006, 17:05 »

So, I'm planning on driving to Chicago this weekend for Pitchfork Festival (yeah Liars!), and I'm wondering if anyone who's been there before could give me some advice.  Are the two stages near each other?  Should I pick a stage and stay put, or can I cherry pick, at least early in the day?  Any insights about the crowds, concessions, or places to go in Chicago after the shows?  Thanks!

Also, if anyone else is going and wants to meet up, I'm always game for making new friends!

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2006, 05:23 »

Hello there I'm also driving to Pitchfork Fest this weekend (from winnipeg) and I was there last year, the two stages aren't THAT close to each other so I don't reccomend just sticking at one stage it's not too tough (early at least) to switch stages after each set, unless there's one band in particular (liars?) that you REALLY want to see I'd reccomend moving from stages to stage. The crowd was really solid last year, the ratio of assholes to people was extremely low so that was nice, I reccomend bringing some food in as well as getting some there just because the lineups for food were very long last year. Oh also if you plan on getting merch do so early because they sold out of good sizes of shirts and what not last year. Hope to see you there. Oh I'd be totally up for meeting some people from the forum there, we should arange something.

Pierre the Poet

Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2006, 11:13 »

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful!  I'm glad to hear that the crowd doesn't suffer too much from that notorious Pitchfork snobbery.  And yes, I am excited to see the Liars, as well as Art Brut, Tapes 'n Tapes, Os Mutantes and Man Man.  I'm sure a few of the bands I'm not as familiar with will be awesome as well.  Anyone in particular you're excited about?  Is chicago a long drive from winnipeg?  I've got about 12 hours from upstate Ny. . .

Anyone else gonna be there?  want to do a QC meetup?  Don't be shy. . . I'll be the guy with a robot playing a guitar on his shirt.

alic3sw0nd3rland

Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2006, 09:03 »

That was so awesome. I'm on the front page of pitchfork because the whole second day (except for spoon) I was in the front row of the Connector?(can't think 0f the name) stage. I also got a one of the spoons Man Man was throwing at the metal bowl.

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2006, 12:36 »

well I've got to go to work now so I can't fully comment on the awsomness of Pitchfork Fest but it really was awsome. Just wondering was anyone  on here wearing a red QC shirt "Math Is Delicious" I belive it was. If that someone is on here I was beside you for the Aesop Rock set. Hurrah.

alic3sw0nd3rland

Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug 2006, 15:04 »

I saw that kid with the math is delicious shirt also. That is assuming there were not multiple people. I also saw a kid with a red shirt with pint size playing guitar.

Pierre the Poet

Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #6 on: 01 Aug 2006, 15:07 »

I couldn't agree more:  pitchfork really was awesome.  I vote for Art Brut as the best set on Day One, but Man Man was very entertaining as well (I didn't get a spoon, unfortunately, but I did scoop up a few of the neon purple and pink feathers they were throwing at the audience).  

Os Mutantes were a religious experience and easily the best of Day Two, but other than that, Mission of Burma, Liars, and Jens Lekman were all pretty wonderful.  What the hell was that blue thing Angus Andrew was wearing??

Also, did anyone see Chicago Underground Duo or CSS on the Biz 3 stage?  I don't think I've ever seen more indie kids dancing than during CSS.  Phenomenal.

Pierre the Poet

Pitchfork Festival?
« Reply #7 on: 01 Aug 2006, 15:11 »

alic3sw0nd3rland, I missed your post while I was writing mine, but if the Pintsize tshirt guy was day one, it was probably me.  I also saw Math is Delicious in the Biz 3 tent, I think during chicago underground duo. . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up