THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 19:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mates of State  (Read 2153 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Mates of State
« on: 30 May 2006, 17:30 »

OK, so I did a quick search and found a few threads that dealt with this band tangentially, but nothing especially dedicated to them.

Even though TripleJ have been featuring their new(?) album "Bring it Back" I have only as yet heard a couple of songs from it.  What I have heard has been good, and there was a cover that they did a while back that I have completely forgotten all about until just now.  I remember liking that also, but I unfortunately cannot remember what the cover was of.

What I wanted to ask was if anyone has this album and if they can tell me if it is a strong album or if it is patchy.  ie: is it consistently awesome, or is the reason I've only heard a couple of songs from it due to there only being a couple of good songs on the album?

Please help me, QC Forum.

Mikendher

Mates of State
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2006, 17:36 »

I don't know (sorry), but I also have a request with regard to them. Mabye someone who is more familiar with them could oblige. If you could pick mabye two or three of their best songs I would be most grateful. I want to sample them, but not sift through everything.

ashley

Mates of State
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2006, 18:12 »

They covered "These Days". Bring It Back is a really good album, but I like Team Boo better.

Mike: On their Myspace they have a few songs. The song "Ha Ha" is probably one of my favorite songs at the moment. It's such a fun and happy song! Please listen.

poeticallybored

Mates of State
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2006, 18:15 »

I haven't heard too much of their new stuff. I have My Solo Project and Our Constant Concern.

My top three are:
A Control Group
Ha Ha
I Have Space

I saw them when they came through Gainesville a couple years back. Fun show.

Dr Jason

Mates of State
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2006, 02:34 »

I haven't heard much. The first time I heard them was live and I wanted to go out and get their cd.

Kid Modernist

Mates of State
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2006, 20:35 »

Team Boo is their best album, in my opinion and is also GREAT.

Synthy-lovy-(ugh, I hate this word)pop schtuff.

cynic30000v2

Mates of State
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2006, 09:15 »

see if you can find Fraud in the 80's. thats my favorite song by them

AceGun

Mates of State
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jun 2006, 09:18 »

Team Boo is by far the best album, in my opinion.  I believe 'Ha Ha' is widely considered their best song, although I enjoy 'Parachutes' quite a bit and could not tell you why.
Pages: [1]   Go Up