THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 12:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Purchases but better.  (Read 40726 times)

Spinless

Recent Purchases but better.
« on: 31 May 2006, 09:56 »

Like the other thread, but rather than quick namedrops nobody will ever read, TALK about the albums you're buying.
Where'd you buy it? how much? Like it? Disapointed?
For a music discussion forum I don't see much discussing. And when I do it's always metal...

Last Cd I bought was 'Free Sentridoh'. I got it for £3 with 9 other CDs because of a 75% off closing down sale.
I knew it was gonna be LoFi, but this is as Lo-Fi as it gets.
Love Lou, but this isn't as good as I wanted it to be, the songs don't get intense enough. There's some moments.
I think every single track from this is on Barlow's website.
I gotta say my personal favourite for his solo stuff is EMOH.

10 CDs for £27! What's the best deal you've ever got?

Der Golem

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.ihavenowebsite.com
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2006, 10:29 »

Sweet deal. Cd's are ridiculously overpriced around here, at over 30$ each.

Been weeks since I bought my last cd, can't afford to do so all that often due to the insane prices.

penpen17

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2006, 10:44 »

The last CD I got was the Islands Cd, Return to the Sea.  I already had the mp3s and really liked it, so I went to their show and bought the CD and a pin
The show was totally awesome

Kirbo

• http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2006, 11:00 »

The Last CD I bought was At War With The Mystics by The Flaming Lips. It was cool as HMV was having a midnight sale for the release of Narnia, so I grabbed it at Midnight, and low and behold The Flaming Lips were there.

As for the album, it's terrific, it's no Yoshimi, but still one the best albums I've heard in years.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2006, 11:24 »

The last album I bought was The Mogwai EP.  I really like it.  It's just long enough to be satisfying without getting monotonous, which is sort of a problem with their full-lengths.  Stanley Kubrick is a great song.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2006, 13:34 »

Last album I bough was Sonic Youth by Sonic Youth. It's very good and much different to what they do nowadays. At times it sounds like it comes staraight out of a Glenn Branca piece, especially The Ascension (in which Lee Ranaldo played).
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

FeralCats

• Plantmonster
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2006, 14:15 »

I got two classical CD's yesterday.

Penderecki's St. Luke gospel, and George Antheils 'Ballet Mecanique, Serenade 1 for Strings, Symphony for 5 Instruments, and Concerto for ORchestra'

I've only heard the Antheil so far, but it's really good! I've heard a lot of criticism of him by other people-'He's trying to be Stravinsky but uses weird instruments to justify his creative emptiness' (real quote) but he's so much more than that. I really like his stuff-much more than most 12-tone music, anyway.
"Okay, let's get this straight, okay, we're totally going to create a Questionable Content Forum signature here, just as soon as we get tuned up, any moment now, yes, wait one moment sir, any seco...."

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2006, 14:17 »

I bought The Falcon's "God Don't Make No Trash *or* Up Your Ass With Broken Glass" EP on iTunes.

My favorite song: "Look Ma! No Fans! or Do You Want Fries With These Songs?"
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

ASturge

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2006, 14:19 »

All This Sounds Gas - Preston School of Industry.

Well, I commandered it from a Charity Shop.... So it was definitly a good deal.

As for the cd, it is brilliant!

PAAAVVEEEMENT SPINOFFFFFSSS

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2006, 16:10 »

The last album I bought was Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous. I got it second hand so it was hell of cheap. I basically only wanted it for 'Portions For Foxes', which is a really great gets-stuck-in-your-head pop song, but the rest of the disc is actually okay too.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2006, 17:37 »

The last album I actually bought....hmmm. I dunno about album. The last CD I bought was Seven Ways To Scream Your Name by Funeral For A Friend. Seven of their best songs from before they signed to a major label and went pop. It's great stuff. They've never lived up to any of it.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2006, 17:41 »

The Jenny Lewis album is brilliant. She is now my second favourite alt country singer (after Neko Case).

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2006, 18:07 »

Quote from: Spinless
And here's where I embarass myself...
Seven Ways to Scream Your Name is the best they've ever got. Everything else they have done pales in comparison. The Art of American Football was great.

Absolutely. 10:45 Amsterdam Conversation too - my first taste of the band, brilliant stuff. Love it.

Disadvantage of Seven Ways is that it doesn't have Juno on it. Note, Juno not Juneau.

Mr Putter

« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2006, 18:42 »

The last album I bought was T.Rex - The Slider secondhand.  It was $4, which is fairly indicative of its condition but this doesn't really diminish what a great album it is.  Dude can really howl.

This was my first run-in with T.Rex and I'm well impressed - definitely on the lookout for Electric Warrior and Tanx now.

Soidanae

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2006, 19:07 »

Last album bought was Robert Johnson-King of the Delta Blues

I was surprised immensley by how many of those songs I'd heard before, but by Eric Clapton or te White Stripes.  I'm enjoying it fairly well, tohuhg haven't listened to it enough yet.
I believe these are the days of lasers in the jungle, lasers in the jungle somewhere.  Staccato signals of constant information, a loose affiliation of millionaires and billionaires, and baby, these are the days of miracles and wonders.

vegkitkat

• Furry furrier
  • Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2006, 19:26 »

Last cd I bought was Without Feathers by the Stills

It was $14.99 CDN at HMV. I bought it a few days before going to see them live. Both the album and the show were fantastic. The sound is different to Logic Will Break Your Heart. It seems more mature.  Many of the songs focus on the loss of a woman, but they are extremely well-written, and do not seem mopey. They seem pensive, without being self-indulgent. Overall, this album is wonderful.
Life is not a constant thing,
It's only made of short stories.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2006, 20:03 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid

Absolutely. 10:45 Amsterdam Conversation too - my first taste of the band, brilliant stuff. Love it.

That is not actually a bad song as far as emocore goes, at least as far as I remember. I can't have listened to it for at least two years.

The last cd I bought was 'The Cult is Alive' by Darkthrone. I had heard good things: Solos! Acoustic guitar! Video!

I was sorely dissapointed however. Despite the fact that some of the songs are pretty damn fun (YOU SAY YOUR METAL IS BLACK, IT IS JUST WEAK AND LAME!), well, Darkthrone shouldn't BE fun. Nor should they be a straight-up black 'n roll Carpathian Forest rip off. I swear I actually heard the riff from CF's 'One With the Earth' on there. But it's not the style as much as the fact that Darkthrone aren't very good at it. It was monotonous and plodding, and completely lacking in the sort of atmosphere I expect from a darkthrone album. Transilvanian Hunger/A Blaze in the Northern Sky this was NOT.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2006, 20:12 »

I last bought me some Gnarls Barkley for fifteen bucks. As outlined in the thread I made, I believe this was a superb choice. Soul records for YES!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

sjbrot

« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2006, 23:20 »

The last CD I bought was The Unintended album, featuring the Good brothers of the Sadies fame and the guy from Eric's Trip going all post-psychedelic. It didn't quite match up to the sum of it's parts. I wasn't into it at all.

Which was really disapointing seeing how I bought it at the local independant music place in Regina and the owner was drooling over it when I bought it.

I didn't enjoy her solo album as much as I thought I would, but I still enjoyed it.

I really didn't dig More Adventurous at all. I thought it was mediocre album with a radio-friendly (and pretty darn good) single. As Fred Mills pointed out, it was pretty ironic that the album was named as it was. Her solo album was a welcome change, and "Melt Your Heart" is definitely in the running for my favorite song of the year.

Although the Twins do freak me about a bit. The idea of identical twins singing harmonies to your songs might seem normal as a typical rock star excess, but when's it's a gentle, AM radio country album, it's a bit off.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #19 on: 01 Jun 2006, 05:03 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Solos! Acoustic guitar! Video!

In a Darkthrone album?
WTF?
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #20 on: 01 Jun 2006, 05:51 »

That is not actually a bad song as far as emocore goes, at least as far as I remember. I can't have listened to it for at least two years.

Exactly. I'm not trying to say that emo music is good; but at least FFAF's was a damn sight better before they got signed to a major label.

quietnow

• Furry furrier
« Reply #21 on: 01 Jun 2006, 07:51 »

my last purchases were the new swingin utters album... which totally blows and i seriously want my money back.  and bad brains - black dots.  classic.
Quote from: Sam
Anyone who doesn't have a crush on Kari is doing it wrong.

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jun 2006, 08:39 »

The last cd I purchased was Placebo's "Meds".  I got it for ten bucks at FutureShop and it has surprisingly been one of my favorite cds in a long, long time.  Good fun and worth every penny.  I don't even mind that it's really short, which usually pisses me off to a great degree.  Could be because I only paid a tenner for it.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #23 on: 01 Jun 2006, 09:10 »

Meds is a good album and Infra Red is an awesome song.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #24 on: 01 Jun 2006, 09:55 »

I dunno, I used to love Placebo, but the last two albums have disappointed me (despite Sleeping With Ghosts having excellent singles).

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #25 on: 01 Jun 2006, 11:22 »

Two more iTunes purchases today:

mclusky - "Falco vs. The Young Canoeist (Live at ULU)" off the third disk of mcluskyism. After the song, some guy in the crowd calls the drummer a pussy and Falco goes off for about two minutes. Hilarious.

"I fuckin' hate you. We let everyone else here in on the guest list. You paid, you fuck!"

mclusky - "She Will Only Bring You Happiness" EP. Title song is great. The two b-sides are also awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Gryff

« Reply #26 on: 01 Jun 2006, 15:44 »

Edit: Gryff, I LOVE that album! Just haven't bought it because it's £13.97 wherever I see it, and I once saw it for £9.99. I refuse to pay anymore than £9.99 for it. Yeah, I'm damn cheap...
What'd you think of Jenny Lewis' solo album? And what about the Elected?

Jenny Lewis' solo album was really good, I thought. My girlfriend has it. The Travelling Wilbury's cover is pretty cute.

Having said that, I agree with E. Spaceman that it's not as good as Neko Case's latest. Fox Confessor Brings The Flood is just stunning. Man that girl can sing!

Action_franky

« Reply #27 on: 01 Jun 2006, 18:07 »

the last Cd i bought was

"i thought i was over this: rare, remixed and, b-sides"  -- Lali Puna

i enjoyed this two disk compilation very much.  lali puna has a spacey and quite way of making music to sit and smoke to while staying home and acting all angsty.

it was about 15 bucks i got at a little independent music store here in town called 180 grams .

i enjoy small stores because the staff is nicer, will talk to you for a extended time and, most importantly they know something about music.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: 01 Jun 2006, 18:29 »

Quote from: Misereatur
Solos! Acoustic guitar! Video!

In a Darkthrone album?
WTF?

There's definitely a vid (to 'Too Old, Too Cold') and solos. I had heard before hand there was going to be acoustic guitar, but I didn't notice any on my first pass through. I guess maybe that mistaken hint made me think I was gonna be getting something like Storm or Isengard, which it ain't.

And yes, Meds is a good album.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

sjbrot

« Reply #29 on: 02 Jun 2006, 00:41 »

Quote from: Valley_Parade
mclusky - "Falco vs. The Young Canoeist (Live at ULU)" off the third disk of mcluskyism. After the song, some guy in the crowd calls the drummer a pussy and Falco goes off for about two minutes. Hilarious.

"I fuckin' hate you. We let everyone else here in on the guest list. You paid, you fuck!"

I would be scared shitless if I even considered heckling at a Mclusky concert. Those guys don't sound right in the head on their albums, and live they're just menacing.

timehat

« Reply #30 on: 02 Jun 2006, 01:53 »

Quote from: Johnny C
I last bought me some Gnarls Barkley for fifteen bucks. As outlined in the thread I made, I believe this was a superb choice. Soul records for YES!

Do you mean "for yes" in a "FTW" type fashion, or do you mean to imply that it is as if the music is soul produced with the band Yes considered as a potential audience?

Aneurhythmia

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #31 on: 02 Jun 2006, 01:59 »

Obviously, he means the former.  Both Rick Wakeman and Jon Anderson have expressed a clear preference for Goodie Mob over any of Danger Mouse's canned retro electro noise-collage assemblage.

Narr

« Reply #32 on: 02 Jun 2006, 18:36 »

I think the only band mentioned so far that I even recognize is Mogwai, and I've never listened to them.  Of course, I did just do a quick glance because the page is longish.

For me, the most recent album I got was Stadium Arcadium, the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album.  2 CD's, 28 songs, and I love it.  It's one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.  It was all I listened to for like two weeks straight after I got it.

Gryff

« Reply #33 on: 02 Jun 2006, 18:39 »

Thanks for writing another song about Califoirnia, Red Hot Chili Peppers. That was something that was definitely missing from my life. I feel like a more complete person now that there is one more Red Hot Chili Peppers song about California.

jcknbl

« Reply #34 on: 02 Jun 2006, 18:41 »

I turned off Stadium Arcadium (my sister got it for her birthday) right after I heard the second track rhyme "heyo" with "sayo".

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #35 on: 02 Jun 2006, 19:00 »

Ghostwriter

« Reply #36 on: 02 Jun 2006, 19:15 »

Quote from: E. Spaceman
Not only that, but one that's a rip-off of a Tom Petty song.

Wow.

That's pretty remarkable.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #37 on: 02 Jun 2006, 19:24 »

Quote from: Gryff
Thanks for writing another song about Califoirnia, Red Hot Chili Peppers. That was something that was definitely missing from my life. I feel like a more complete person now that there is one more Red Hot Chili Peppers song about California.

Shows how closely you were listening.

Or even how much attention you paid to the billions of press about that song.

Houdinimachine

• http://www.myspace.com/houdinimachine/
« Reply #38 on: 02 Jun 2006, 19:27 »

Last album I bought was Destroyer - Rubies.

It was a long ass time ago. Like it was snowing outside long. I bought it because I love New Pornographers, but as much as I enjoyed the few songs I did enjoy, it's not near as fun to listen to in the car as Mass Romantic was. Maybe it'd stand up better to a chill out listen at home. I still need to test this hypothesis.
She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

Bunnyman

« Reply #39 on: 02 Jun 2006, 23:15 »

Well, I went nuts last time I was in Rasputin.

Basement Jaxx - Rooty
For some reason, it hasn't grabbed me by the throat and shaken me violently than (in particular) Remedy.  Still, it's pretty amusing stuff.  A particular Latin influence buried in there, especially in the middle stretch.

LFO - Sheath
It's LFO, alright.  Gut-rumbling bass and head-spinning drum-machine programming.  Will get your foot tapping, at least.  More likely, this is going to make you freak. (this...is going...to make you freak...this...is going...) .  Vocoders for life.

Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having
This album has been attracting a fair degree of bad press.  To the general public: let it be known that, while Atmosphere's releases seem to be more club-friendly on each iteration, this is not a bad thing.  Still, it's the same damned lyrical content, with a few refreshing bits like "That Night."  For once, Ant's production is consistently solid, and Slug is still rapping about girls.  Very little else, to be honest.

DJ Krush - Krush
Krush's debut is less turntable and more composition.  While 4109 was all about a live set, and Jaku and Kakusei were moody collections of hip-hop compositions, Krush plays like a jazzier version of RJD2's more melodic works.  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  As a high-school friend once said of it, "mellow music for non-violent people."

John B - in:transit
Ever get an album that you, despite that persistent nagging that you'll wear the damn thing out, could simply not stop listening to?  Well, this is one of those.  John B's infectious mixture of trance and jungle is very hard to put down, alternating dreamy trance vocals ("Mercury Skies") with balls-out dark technical DnB lines ("Vampire Eyes").  Additionally, "Take Me Home" may be the reductio ad absurdum of Ibiza/Club party songs.  I think the line "That's my bellybutton, genius" sums it up nicely.

elcapitan

« Reply #40 on: 03 Jun 2006, 01:12 »

Last night I bought J Dilla's Donuts. I've been hearing and admiring this guy's production work in other stuff for ages, but this was the first opportunity I'd had to get any of his solo stuff.

Donuts is a collection of 31 short hip-hop instrumentals - the whole CD only comes up to 43 and a half minutes. As such, it's an engaging album to listen to - as soon as you've caught the flavour of the beat, it's a new track.

It's amazing. Brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough. I can't pigeonhole it - but think very tight drums, intriguing samples, and an overall feeling that manages to be raw and perfect at the same time.

Some of my current favourite tracks are Workinonit, The Diff'rence, Time: The Donuts Of The Heart, and Two Can Win. If you like any of these, you'll love the album. Again, highly recommended.

Snail of Doom

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://jacksonart.clickopolis.net/
« Reply #41 on: 03 Jun 2006, 01:50 »

Bought a couple of Fatboy Slim albums on iTunes

You've Come A Long Way, Baby - Whee! Dancable fun in a can, I tells ya! This album is catchier than the best bait you've ever fished with. Leave out the last two tracks (Love Island and Acid 8000), and ignore the fact that "You're Not From Brighton" doesn't use it's own synth vocoder line enough and it's damn near perfect

Palookaville - Haven't listened to as much of this one yet, but I like what I've heard. I mostly bought this album for "Don't Let the Man Get You Down", "Slash Dot Dash", and "The Joker".

I need to get his first album, Better Living Through Chemistry
"That day I became a warrior with no enemy
Now I am that funky soldier and I shall be free"

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #42 on: 03 Jun 2006, 05:14 »

There's definitely a vid (to 'Too Old, Too Cold') and solos. I had heard before hand there was going to be acoustic guitar, but I didn't notice any on my first pass through. I guess maybe that mistaken hint made me think I was gonna be getting something like Storm or Isengard, which it ain't.

I simply must get me a copy of that album.
Also, is their first album, Soulside Journey, any good?
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

StupidityKills

« Reply #43 on: 03 Jun 2006, 10:31 »

The last album I bought is still the Delays - You See Colours and I really urge everyone who isn't instinctively allergic to jangly indie-guitar-pop to listen to some because its soooo good. The vocals are awesome, and the range on them is so varied on this second album. The sound is generally more dark, electronic and less floaty than the first album, a couple of the songs on the album (Too Much In Your Life, Lilian, This Town's Religion) have really strong stompy choruses.
Um...I think (if i remember correctly) I got this from HMV (yay, NUS discount!) on the day it was released because I'd been looking forward to it and had seen them live playing it the day before!
http://www.myspace.com/delays

The last album I downloaded was The Kooks - Inside In, Inside Out and it is also excellent. I do like singers who allow their real voices and accents to come through.

Next I shall be buying the Futureheads - News and Tributes.

Gryff

« Reply #44 on: 04 Jun 2006, 03:07 »

Yeah, I'm aware that it's about a girl named California, not California the place, but what difference does it make?

Valrus

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • moo hoo ha ha
« Reply #45 on: 04 Jun 2006, 07:02 »

I'm on emusic, so I don't buy CDs much anymore. But on a whim I just got the Gnarls Barkley album, but unlike Mr C up there I got it for $9. HA!

I like it a lot. It's lively and funky and soulful and fun. I think my favorite tracks at this point are Crazy (about which at first I didn't see what all the fuss was, but it grew on me), Feng Shui, Just a Thought and Necromancer.

The Boogie Monster is pretty dumb though. I could do without that one.
Quote from: Johnny C
Whatever you give up for Lent, it better not be your day job.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #46 on: 04 Jun 2006, 07:02 »

Yeah, I'm aware that it's about a girl named California, not California the place, but what difference does it make?

Oh, not much. Only the ENTIRE LYRIC.

Oh, and don't take this as me just being defensive about the song. I have a love/hate relationship with it, and it annoys me that it sounds exactly like most of the songs they've done since 1999.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #47 on: 04 Jun 2006, 09:17 »

New new new:

The Ornette Coleman Quartet - This Is Our Music
Early recordings of Ornette's quartet, hav'nt listened to it yet but it should be amazing.

John Coltrane - Blue Train
I was hanging out with my tenor/alto sax playing friend and asked him to recommend me a few CDs to get into Coltrane. This is one of them.
he actually recomended Giant Steps as a first Coltrane album, but I could'nt find it, so I bought Blue Train.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot For Zero Kanada
Downloaded it a year ago and I've been looking for it ever since. This is probably one of their best works.

Isis - Oceanic
This album is just perfect, no question about it.

The Jesus Lizard - Liar
After listening to this album you get what Tomahawk and FNM's King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime album were trying to do.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #48 on: 04 Jun 2006, 12:52 »

Quote from: Valrus
I'm on emusic, so I don't buy CDs much anymore. But on a whim I just got the Gnarls Barkley album, but unlike Mr C up there I got it for $9. HA!

TO HELL WITH YOU, BARGAIN HEATHEN

Also: I'm surprised nobody really likes "Transformer." It's kind of abrasive but damned if I don't love it. But thank you, Valrus, for confirming that the album is in fact awesome.

And "Dani California," despite having a massive chorus, well, I don't think it bodes well for the rest of the (double-)album.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ASturge

« Reply #49 on: 04 Jun 2006, 12:55 »

Stadium Arcadium is a really bad album name!

hmmm, I bought me the Geatest Hits of Dr John.
It's just.... funkerifica.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up