THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The PC-building/hardware knowledge thread  (Read 332463 times)

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
Re: The PC-building/hardware knowledge thread
« Reply #150 on: 14 Feb 2009, 18:36 »

GuitarFreak: nice build. That Foxconn BlackOps is a serious piece of hardware. Also, impressive OC on the e8600. I got my e8400 up to 3.6 with stock volts. I hit 4+ stable for 4 hours with minor volt increases, but my memory wouldn't stay stable past that (I'm just running DDR2 800). Also, how are you liking the Cosmos S? I considered it, but I decided to go for quiet, since this would be the third computer in my small office. Also, I previously had an Antec P150 that I liked.

Est: Nice! I'd never considered going small form factor before, but you might have changed my mind. My previous build had a Lanparty NF4 board, but I decided to go with the Gigabyte this time to save some money. What kind of temps are you getting in your case?

clockworkjames: It was me with the Tuniq Tower. I've never used any other 775 coolers before, but I can't really see a compelling reason to switch. I am amazed at the efficiency of this cooler. I'm afraid it might break my mobo in half someday, but I do like it anyway.

---

Anyone got any recommendations for PWM fan controllers? The Tuniq has a manual fan, and I've got an Enermax Cluster (which are going for like, $7 on Newegg right now with a rebate) for the middle chamber, so I thought I'd put in a controller.

Thanks :D I managed to boot into windows at 4GHz at 1.2v with this cpu, it rocks :D VID of 1.18v. It'll do 1.225v stable at 4GHz. Also, the cosmos is amazing. It's so big, plenty of room to work with, great if you want to go watercooling. It's quite too, a lot quieter than my antec 900 was. You can stick 7 120mm fans in the case, plus the 300mm or so fan on the side. Cooling is amazing.

Couple of things:

GuitarFreak, nice block!  I am pretty sure that is the block I want when I finally get a decent one. (or an EK, not 100% but I think the Swiftech is easier for me to get).

Dennis, since buying my board I've noticed a lot more mATX stuff coming out.  Asus is bringing out an mATX range in the Republic of Gamers series with the suffix "Gene".  Looks pretty good for a high-end enthusiast board (aka $$$) but I am still really happy with my LanParty Jr.

Thanks. Can't wait to get the rad and pump. Got the res this week and have the tubing and some other things coming tuesday. I picked up a pc power & cooling 750w psu to replace my corsair since it's dying, which sucks :( Here's a pic of the res...

Also, new power supply came today :D

« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2009, 08:40 by GuitarFreak »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #151 on: 18 Feb 2009, 20:44 »

That is a pretty cool res.  I would love to get one of the aluminium ones that are about that size, then bore holes in my case and mount it just outside the case with the tubes running inside.  Either on the top of the case or (more likely with my case) on the off-side of it would be pretty cool, I think.

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #152 on: 18 Feb 2009, 21:36 »

That is a pretty cool res.  I would love to get one of the aluminium ones that are about that size, then bore holes in my case and mount it just outside the case with the tubes running inside.  Either on the top of the case or (more likely with my case) on the off-side of it would be pretty cool, I think.

That sounds pretty cool.

The res looks good in the case too...

Stuck it in so I could wire around it. Should be able to get everything else in a week or two...

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #153 on: 20 Feb 2009, 12:28 »

GuitarFreak: nice build. That Foxconn BlackOps is a serious piece of hardware.
O rly? I avoided it because everyone was crying "WILL NOT POST! WILL NOT POST!"
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #154 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:05 »

GuitarFreak: nice build. That Foxconn BlackOps is a serious piece of hardware.
O rly? I avoided it because everyone was crying "WILL NOT POST! WILL NOT POST!"

Because they're noobs and don't know how to use it. The debug LED will tell you why it's not POSTing also, very helpful when overclocking so you know why it's not working.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #156 on: 21 Feb 2009, 16:13 »

If you really want to build the mother of all rigs, use the 4870x2 or Crossfire your single cards. And if this is a pure gaming computer, try a higher-clocked Core 2 Duo processor like the E8600 Wolfdale @ 3.33ghz.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #158 on: 21 Feb 2009, 22:13 »

With all of the problems Seagate has been having, I'd really recomend a WD drive. Melodic, are you crazy? There's no way that a 20" display needs a 4870X2, it's simply overpowered and will drive up the heat in her case. Although, I would have to recommend a decent dual core as long as your girlfriend doesn't do anything that directly requires a quad core like video editing.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #159 on: 22 Feb 2009, 16:58 »

As others have already said, "top of the line" depends on what it's being used for.  Quad core for "top of the line" productivity/design/sound apps if she's using it as a creativity station or home office pc, dual core for gaming.  Depending on the setup 2x 4850 in Crossfire might do better than a single 4870, but it's kind of a tossup.

I would also advise against going DDR3, at least based on what I have seen price-wise over here.  You'll pay more for both the board and the ram, and there is very little tangible performance difference.  If you are going with a 64-bit OS then feel free to get more than 4gb of ram.

Also, that is a pretty nice case.  I have the P180 mini and I really like it.  The normal size one would definitely be good also.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #160 on: 26 Feb 2009, 11:22 »

Yeah, I would say DDR3 is not worth it unless you are going I7. Get some nice, tight DDR2 and you'll be good. The performance difference is negligible in that setup.

Also, I definitely recommend at least a 22" widescreen display (1680x1050) and you can usually find a quality LG or Samsung for about $250. This is one area where it's not worth it to skimp. 24" if you can afford it. The display you linked is full HD, true, but at 20", full HD is pretty much a waste unless you plan on watching blu-ray 10" from the screen. A 24" will show 1920x1200 in 16:10, if you really want full HD. Also, skip models with built-in speakers unless it's going to be used as a TV.

I'll also second the recommendation against Seagate drives. Instead, go with a WD Caviar black or blue. They have a much better reliability rating, and are just as fast or faster than the Seagates.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #161 on: 27 Feb 2009, 23:39 »

On screens, Benq makes a 22" 1920x1080 lcd that's pretty dirt cheap. When I got mine it was easily the best pixels per dollar ratio monitor on the market. It's not hdmi, but at 22" I'm not really sure it matters that much.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #162 on: 28 Feb 2009, 09:28 »

For the record, we use BenQs where I work, and the ones we got suck.  Don't buy the 19 inch HDMI/VGA/DVI ones, they're terrible.

I have a Westinghouse 22" that I got for 180$ that is actually pretty good.  5ms response time, 700:1 contrast ratio.  I've been using it for about a year and a half for both my computer and 360, and even though it only has DVI/VGA outs, it has pretty decent picture quality.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #163 on: 28 Feb 2009, 12:13 »

Got the rest of my water cooling stuff yesterday...

And then I filled it up and it leaked everywhere :(  Unfortunately, stupid me used the wrong screws and screwed up the rad and it leaked everywhere. I have all of my stuff laying out drying now. I ordered another rad and I'm gonna give it another shot when it comes and hopefully it'll work ok. Already rinsed everything off with 91% isopropal alcohol, so there shouldn't be any water left.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!
« Reply #164 on: 03 Mar 2009, 12:42 »

I'm sorry to hear about the leak. I thought those liquid cooled systems used some other fluid besides water?

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #165 on: 03 Mar 2009, 12:57 »

I'm sorry to hear about the leak. I thought those liquid cooled systems used some other fluid besides water?

Well I suppose they can, but it's typically distilled water and a coolant.

Also, I got my replacement radiator yesterday and got everything up and running, no leaks :D

Unfortunately, the motherboard fried :(

dennis

• Lies! Truth!
« Reply #166 on: 05 Mar 2009, 11:52 »

Yikes. Looks like a short circuit to a power trace.

ackblom12

« Reply #167 on: 06 Mar 2009, 13:21 »

Ok, I've come to the realization that despite the fact that I want to upgrade my Desktop a ridiculous amount, I honestly have no real need for that kind of power anymore. I still have plenty of PC games I'd like to play as wel as Steam, so I'd prefer either a Mac so I can boot camp, or a decent Laptop. Hell, If i didn't want a decent laptop first, I'm very tempted to get a Asus eee.

Any suggestions you guys have for decent brand options?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #168 on: 07 Mar 2009, 18:38 »

My Asus laptop has done me ok so far.  There are some fairly sexy things coming out either now or very soon, but that is in my opinion.  Aside from performance issues (which can be sorted out fairly simply by examining the specs) PCs and especially laptops are very subjective.  The only real way of knowing what it is you like is to go into a few stores to see how each laptop feels.  eg, you may try out a laptop that I love and find that the keyboard feels wrong.  That sort of thing.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #169 on: 07 Mar 2009, 22:44 »

It gets even more like that when you look at netbooks. Every 10" netbook I looked at was exactly the same inside (except maybe harddrive type/capacity), the differences were all the keyboards, the look and the build quality. I wish the linux/solid state ones were more widely available though.

My motherboard went and packed up on me last week, no damage, no idea what actually happened but the machine went from sometimes locking up to just not POSTing. Took it in, they replaced it on the spot and this one seems fine (touch wood). Yay.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #170 on: 09 Mar 2009, 21:20 »

Ouch, dude. Gonna buy another BlackOps, or getting something different?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Teh Geek Lord

• Furry furrier
  • Well, that didn't go as planned
« Reply #171 on: 11 Mar 2009, 21:09 »

Well, I'm pondering what exactly to do here...

I have on my hands a pair of GTX 280's and  Core i7 920 with 6GB of DDR3... problem is, I need some good advice for a case...  Right now, I'm rocking a 900 (i've pondered the 1200) but I'm going watercooling and I'm hoping for something where I can do a dual loop (CPU and GPU loops) and keep the radiator INSIDE the case (because I'll be hefting the thing to a buddies dorm at least twice a month, external water hoses and radiators would pose a hazzard to breaking and leaking)

Suggestions?

Also, even though my hardware is pricey, my current budget is restrictive... 200 or less...

I have a few I'm thinking about, but does anyone have a brilliant case they love that would do what I want?

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #172 on: 18 Mar 2009, 11:34 »

Ouch, dude. Gonna buy another BlackOps, or getting something different?

I'm hoping to get another one because it's such an awesome board.

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #173 on: 19 Mar 2009, 10:19 »

Not surprised you had leaks, you used CABLE TIES. I have only seen them used in one build for that purpose before, metal threaded connectors (which I see you did in your other "no leaks" pictures), the cable tie you showed didn't even look tight :/

A guy I know had a leak once, solved it by putting some right angle connectors in it because it was a small form so it really needed them.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2009, 10:21 by clockworkjames »
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #174 on: 19 Mar 2009, 10:49 »

Not surprised you had leaks, you used CABLE TIES. I have only seen them used in one build for that purpose before, metal threaded connectors (which I see you did in your other "no leaks" pictures), the cable tie you showed didn't even look tight :/

A guy I know had a leak once, solved it by putting some right angle connectors in it because it was a small form so it really needed them.

I'm using 7/16" ID tubing on 1/2" barbs. They don't leak at all, and I've had it running for ~3 days at a time. It leaked because I punctured the radiator.

clockworkjames

« Reply #175 on: 19 Mar 2009, 18:44 »

But you are no longer using cable ties? I never could see how that is a good idea. All the people I know to have done builds said it was not the best solution and the only time I saw it done was on youtube.

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #176 on: 19 Mar 2009, 20:16 »

But you are no longer using cable ties? I never could see how that is a good idea. All the people I know to have done builds said it was not the best solution and the only time I saw it done was on youtube.

I know plenty of people who don't use ties. 7/16" tubing fits very tightly on 1/2" barbs, it's a bitch to get the tubing off most of the time.

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #177 on: 21 Mar 2009, 19:44 »

For any Canadians, I have had good success with http://ncix.com/.

hmmm well almost an echo of that
I'm now enjoying a machine i built from components purchased from them. Its a Intel Core 2 Quad on an Asus mobo. Asus video card based on a ATI chipset. 2 sticks 2GB DDR2 ram. Seagate 500Gb SATA Hard Drive. LG SATA DVD combo drive. But most importantly the 24" widescreen LCD screen. Glorious
As far as NCIX I found they where really good to buy from. I only wished their order delivery system was a little faster (because I found I was too cheap to pay for overnight shipping and impatient to wait 3 business days for my stuff).
*was getting tired of that slug*

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #178 on: 24 Mar 2009, 10:37 »

Video card came today :D Thanks to BFG for a free upgrade to a 9800GTX+ from my 8800GTX

clockworkjames

« Reply #179 on: 26 Mar 2009, 11:47 »

It's practically the same card... :|

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #180 on: 26 Mar 2009, 13:39 »

It's practically the same card... :|

I know, but it has a 55nm core compared to 80nm in the 8800, and 1GB of VRAM compared to 768MB.

I might end up selling it and picking up 2 GTX260s though :D Either that or pick up another 9800. I've got a 790i Ultra on the way to replace my blackops.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #181 on: 28 Mar 2009, 22:07 »

Hey, GuitarFreak, you've got me inspired to do water cooling, and I've practically planned out everything. So far, all I need is a decent pump, and waterblock for a 4850. I checked the pet store for a water pump today, but when I asked for prices, the guy gave me this half-assed smarmy smile and said $12,500 (In US that's about $130). I don't know where I could go to find a nice US$35 pump, so I might have to order one online. Which one do you use?
My Last.FM

dennis

• Lies! Truth!
« Reply #182 on: 29 Mar 2009, 19:02 »

Cable ties, because of the way they fasten, can deform the hose around the nipple (like causing a slight wrinkle, under the ratchet fastener), and cause a leak where there wasn't one before. Hose clamps are better for this purpose, but really, with good quality, clean tubing, and good quality, clean nipples, you shouldn't need a clamp at all.

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #183 on: 29 Mar 2009, 19:51 »

Hey, GuitarFreak, you've got me inspired to do water cooling, and I've practically planned out everything. So far, all I need is a decent pump, and waterblock for a 4850. I checked the pet store for a water pump today, but when I asked for prices, the guy gave me this half-assed smarmy smile and said $12,500 (In US that's about $130). I don't know where I could go to find a nice US$35 pump, so I might have to order one online. Which one do you use?

Swiftech MCP655. It's pretty much the best pump there is. I get all of my stuff from either petrastechshop.com or frozencpu.com. It's a bit more than $35 though, closer to $75 or so. A block for the 4850 is gonna cost close to $100 too. Are you going to wc your CPU as well?

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #184 on: 30 Mar 2009, 12:55 »

Yeah, I know about the 4850 block. I'm working on that now actually. I just need a certain forumite to PM me. I plan to cool the CPU as well too, I'm thinking the OCZ HydroX, it works well and it's pretty inexpensive too.
My Last.FM

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #185 on: 30 Mar 2009, 14:21 »

Yeah, I know about the 4850 block. I'm working on that now actually. I just need a certain forumite to PM me. I plan to cool the CPU as well too, I'm thinking the OCZ HydroX, it works well and it's pretty inexpensive too.

Do you have a link for that? From what I gather, it's a kit, and you want to stay away from WC kits. I'd look at the swiftech apogee GT or GTZ. The GTZ is probably the best block you can buy for your cpu.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #186 on: 30 Mar 2009, 19:25 »

Newegg sells both the Apogee and the OCZ Hydro. From the reviews I've seen, the Apogee is slightly better than the Hydro (about 1-3 Degrees better), but I need every bit of money I can get. Plus, with the Vantec Tornado fans I'll be using (2x92mm), it won't make a difference.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2009, 19:28 by MrBlu »
My Last.FM

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #187 on: 31 Mar 2009, 01:30 »

Newegg sells both the Apogee and the OCZ Hydro. From the reviews I've seen, the Apogee is slightly better than the Hydro (about 1-3 Degrees better), but I need every bit of money I can get. Plus, with the Vantec Tornado fans I'll be using (2x92mm), it won't make a difference.

Ah, I see. Yeah, either would be a good choice then.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #188 on: 01 Apr 2009, 01:40 »

Rest of the stuff:
Swiftech MCW60-R Waterblock (I have my reasons)
Enzotech BCC9 RAMsinks
Swiftech MPC350 Pump (If I can't find something cheaper)
XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

I'm going to have a radiator custom made for me locally, and make a shroud out of whatever I can find around the house/for cheap.

Depending on how much money I have left (read: Manage to squeeze out of my relatives), I may get the Apogee, but either way Swiftech is pocketing some of my money.

EDIT::
Also, I'm going to do some ghetto modding for my 4850. It's the reference with ref. cooler, so I'm going to cut off the part of the heatsink that's attached to the MOSFETs, leave it there and drop the waterblock + RAMsinks on it.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2009, 02:00 by MrBlu »
My Last.FM

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #189 on: 01 Apr 2009, 20:51 »

I'm piecing together a new PC to replace my laughable 3.2 ghz Celeron / Radeon HD 2600 Pro 'gaming' computer/HTPC. (It can't even run Team Fortress 2 at more than 20 FPS; I made a video of it running here.) The current motherboard has a 775 socket, but it's such an old piece of garbage it doesn't support Core 2 processors newer than Conroe.

It's going to be used for video playback, gaming, and a lot of media encoding. I'll run the 64 bit Windows 7 beta until it's released, then get the equivalent version to Vista Home Premium.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 $275
ASUS P5Q Pro $105
CORSAIR 4GB DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit (x2) $40
Corsair TX650W $70
EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 $180

Total: $670

How does this look? I know the i7 920 is about the same price as the Q9550, but from what I've read the extra power won't do much for what I need it to do, and an x58 motherboard and DDR3 RAM would push the price up at least $300. (Please don't recommend AMD or ATI parts, I'm not particularly fond of either.)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2009, 20:52 by bicostp »

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #190 on: 01 Apr 2009, 21:48 »

If you're doing media encoding, the i7 will most certainly be better than the Q9550. Media encoding is one of the i7's strong points.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #191 on: 01 Apr 2009, 22:50 »

But I'm not doing it for business (where time = money), so is shaving a few seconds off the encoding time worth the extra couple hundred bucks? (Especially if it's the only real gain.)

Besides, at the moment I'm doing the encoding on a 3.2 ghz single-core CELERON. Anything will be an improvement! :lol:

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #192 on: 02 Apr 2009, 01:48 »

But I'm not doing it for business (where time = money), so is shaving a few seconds off the encoding time worth the extra couple hundred bucks? (Especially if it's the only real gain.)

Besides, at the moment I'm doing the encoding on a 3.2 ghz single-core CELERON. Anything will be an improvement! :lol:

Ah, ok. In that case, the Q9550 would be fine then.

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #193 on: 02 Apr 2009, 13:00 »

:D

I'll have better pictures later. I'm reinstalling windows 7 right now...

Keebbles

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #194 on: 03 Apr 2009, 09:49 »

Only Glowy in my computer is the CPU fan that's Red-Green-Blue when you look. If you see white light from it spinning too fast, it's a sign that the CPU's getting a wee bit hot!

This week I've had my BFG 5700LX-512MB Toast, and my Mad Dog version of the same (but 256Meg only) Heat glitch...
Both of their fans died w/in a day of each other and were running smoothly -  I checked the warranties and the BFG has a lifetime replacement, they're overclocked right out of the box and so tend to burn out a lot. Now I get to see if they are still around as a business and will honor the replacement warranty.

The MadDog reached 5 years to the day when it burned out. It was like the fan just stopped receiving power. I removed the Vid Card cpu fan and tested it. Works fine, so something in the card decided that it wasn't gonna power the fan anymore and let the CPU burn out. I'll need to check w/others who've had similar cards to see if they've had hardware just stop working after a certain amount of time due to firmware code.

Both my CD-RW and my DVD-RW I had from Creative, bought at same time, both suddenly stopped working last Nov 31'st too for no reason.
Both still spin, eject and laser test shows they are functional. Ran a cleaning CD in both and no dust/gunk came off the reader head or lenses.
They just stopped being able to Read/access a CD or DVD at the same time.
I popped them into my Win-98/XP old box (used for writing only normally- no internet access) and changed the date in CMOS back to 2003 when I bought the CD and DVD players.
They worked fine. So they stay there. Both are discontinued as Creative supported hardware now, but something definitely triggered them, by date, to stop working. Pisses me off.
Anyone else have hardware suddenly stop functioning or self destruct like my vid cards did? (BFG lasted longer than expected, especially since that was my gaming/internet CPU/Box.  The Mad Dog was a self destruction- hardcore.)
Or working Drives or R/W Media drives just stop working on software side for some reason, but otherwise fully functional? :? :? :?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Free 2 Play! No D/L! Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN The Awesome Online Anime Spoof!

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #195 on: 03 Apr 2009, 22:01 »

Oh, man. UV lights? How much did those cost?
My Last.FM

MarkTBSc

• Curry sauce
  • The pheasant has no agenda
« Reply #196 on: 05 Apr 2009, 02:53 »

Kebblles, did your MadDog survive the passing of its fan? Usually if fans stop then the card just starts delivering more and more errors and crashing a lot without just frying. If that happened then I'd consider it an excellent candidate for a simple mod. Just wire the fan, via a resistor (variable if you want to get fancy) into one of the drive power supply cables. That'd keep the fan running and save you having to shell out for a new card.
Unique Quarks - For when Antimatter just isn't destructive enough.

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #197 on: 06 Apr 2009, 07:14 »

Oh, man. UV lights? How much did those cost?

Same as regular cathodes. Got them for $9

Also, a few more pics. My GTX280 came on Friday...it rocks :D

My favorite

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #198 on: 09 Apr 2009, 18:31 »

Done away with the 1200, now?

Is that the radiator in the top of the case?

Also:
Got my 4850, WHOO!
My Last.FM

GuitarFreak

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #199 on: 09 Apr 2009, 20:56 »

Done away with the 1200, now?

Is that the radiator in the top of the case?

Also:
Got my 4850, WHOO!

I never had a 1200. I had a 900 before the cosmos though. And yeah, the rad is on top.

Also, ordered an XSPC Razor block for my 280. Can't wait til it gets here :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up