THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 02:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bent Scepters  (Read 5958 times)

croove55

The Bent Scepters
« on: 05 Dec 2007, 19:32 »

Alright, am I the only one who's heard of these guys? They were an amazing garage group from Iowa, and were only around for about eight years. They never hit any major success, but they were fricken fantastic. They have four songs up on Myspace (here), but the music they have up there is pretty bland for them, actually.

So, really, does anyone remember these guys?

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
Re: The Bent Scepters
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2007, 20:11 »

I want to say street team, but you called the music on their Myspace bland.

I'm not sure what to do here.

croove55

« Reply #2 on: 05 Dec 2007, 20:40 »

Nah, not street teaming. They stopped performing (save for the rare reunion shows) in 1999. I'm really just curious to see if anyone else remembers them. Sorry if I sounded like I was promoting them.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3 on: 05 Dec 2007, 20:59 »

I want to say street team, but you called the music on their Myspace bland.

I'm not sure what to do here.

No clue how you got that idea. The OP clearly stated that this band hasn't been together in a while. Plus, some of the best threads on this forum are those that open up new bands for those who have never heard of them. Who cares if he is street teaming as long as he's not spamming and follows the rules?

Man, this band is some good shit. Thanks for posting.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2007, 21:06 »

First post from a new poster links to a Myspace page.  I thought he said they had been around for eight years, not were only around for eight years.  Will listen to the songs and report back.

croove55

« Reply #5 on: 09 Dec 2007, 13:56 »

First post from a new poster links to a Myspace page.  I thought he said they had been around for eight years, not were only around for eight years.  Will listen to the songs and report back.
Yeah, I can see where you got the idea that I was just advertising them. Their myspace page was the only thing I could think of that would legally share full songs. Shame they didn't post any of my favorites on there, though.

Sorry about the random topic from out of nowhere. I figured the best way to get involved would be to jump right in and post a band that I knew of (actually, part of the reason I made an account here was to see if anyone else recognized some of older, less popular stuff. I don't really follow the modern indie scene too closely). If this kind of topic counts as spam, that's cool. I'll just stop creating topics like this. Sorry for any trouble.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #6 on: 09 Dec 2007, 14:09 »

Oh no, not trouble or anything at all.  I just wasn't certain, as it's a rare way to jump into the forums.  Not a bad one though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up