THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 08:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favourite Artists  (Read 2379 times)

TrueNeutral

Favourite Artists
« on: 11 Jun 2006, 11:59 »

So, almost every artist has a bunch of influences and favourite artists. Share them with us here!

My favourites are:
Mark Brooks, who does, among others, Marvel's 'Cable & Deadpool' comic series. EDIT: Who apparently has a Deviant Art.

Sarah Ellerton of Inverloch.

Samwise Didier, one of the concept artists at Blizzard entertainment. His gallery can be found here. Also, check out his co-workers, Twincruiser (R.I.P. Michael Koiter) and Thammer, who do pretty well themselves.

Mark "Crash" McCreery, one of the concept artists at ILM. He used to have a gallery at ilm.com, but I can't find it right now.

Brian Froud, conceptual artist on, among others, Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. EDIT: Found a gallery with a bunch of his stuff here.

And naturally, our own Jeph, because his evolution as an artist is one of the things that made me decide to learn how to draw in the first place.

[Note for mods: Couldn't quite decide which forum it was most suited to, but since I'm mostly talking about comic artists and concept artists, I decided to put it in comics and drawings. Move if you must.]

Stifled Dreams

Favourite Artists
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2006, 12:14 »

Artists? Edward Hopper + John Singer Sargent. And Johannes Vermeer. I am in loooove with them.

I also have a favorite comic/internet-y artists, but those are my true favorite artists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up