THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 02:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheel of Time - Knife of Dreams  (Read 2251 times)

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
Wheel of Time - Knife of Dreams
« on: 16 Jun 2006, 21:40 »

Anyone read this yet?

11th book in the series. One more to go. (Provided Jordan survives to write it all. Google him if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

Anyways, your thoughts? I just finished it tonight. I started to re-re-re-re-read the series literally on January 1st. So, on average, I read one book every two weeks. Not bad, considering the length of the books and the two week-long breaks I had.

Anyone care for a discussion?

While I'm nothing near a literary critic, I found this book to be much more exciting and engaging than the previous three or four.

Thoughts?
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2006, 22:58 »

I tried to get through the entire series again. Really, I did, I took down the first 6 books and said "one month". I got through the fifth one and just gave up. They're terrific books, but one way or another I stop reading them, and can't be arsed to start from scratch again when I forget all the plot.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2006, 21:46 »

Yeah, it's hard. It took me 5.5 months to get through all 11. I've no idea what's going on in all the sub plots. I'm really hoping Jordan figures out a brilliant way to wrap it all up...

Or I'm going to be wicked disappointed.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2006, 22:34 »

The Wheel of Time series stopped being good for me after about book 6.  It took me 4 more books to realise this though.  I am refusing to buy any more books stuffed with bullshit filler with one or two decent sections thrown in to keep you interested.

If I read one more book where the entire plot revolves around the dudes not talking to the girls and both sides thinking that they are idiots even though they have gone through so much and conquered half the fucking world together I am going to burn something to ash with my mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up