THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 17:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternals  (Read 2397 times)

Revenge_Therapist

Eternals
« on: 23 Jun 2006, 22:03 »

Neil Gaiman's relaunch of the old Kirby title came out on Wed., how did everybody like it.

mrhemisphere

Eternals
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2006, 17:46 »

The thing that really got me was the art. I love JRjr's work.

The only things I've read of Gaiman are Neverwhere and American Gods, which were both novels, but they were pretty damn good. Plus, I've heard enough word of mouth that I should pick this up.

And it was good. It was contemporary, but you could tell that soon it'd get all cosmic. Dialogue was snappy too.

But really, the art was just exceptional.

Zasuhe

Eternals
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2006, 10:45 »

Achtung!!

Marcus

Eternals
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2006, 22:35 »

Quote from: mrhemisphere
The thing that really got me was the art. I love JRjr's work.

The only things I've read of Gaiman are Neverwhere and American Gods, which were both novels, but they were pretty damn good. Plus, I've heard enough word of mouth that I should pick this up.

And it was good. It was contemporary, but you could tell that soon it'd get all cosmic. Dialogue was snappy too.

But really, the art was just exceptional.

The art was awesome, I founf it was a bit wordy, the second issue apparentlywas a bit more action oriented but I've never been a huge Gaiman fan even though I try like hell to like his stuff.

brain1081

Eternals
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2006, 15:08 »

I really loved the direction that the first comic was taking.  The entire book you had a good idea where it was going to get to but never how it would get there or if a sudden twist would throw all of your thinking out of line.  I didn't think the second part wasn't nearly as good as the first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up