THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 04:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a new webhost.  (Read 2127 times)

thelightguy

• Larger than most fish
  • xx
Looking for a new webhost.
« on: 27 Jun 2006, 16:40 »

Yo!

So, I've just finished re-uploading my website for the third time... it seems that my webhost is inept whenit comes to managing linux servers.  My stie got hacked and wiped out.  This isn't the first time either... I've had to repair various types of vandalism before, but this is the second time it's been cleaned out. (And yes, the permissions are all set correctly... 644 for files, 755 for dirs.)

And the thing is, the only script I'm running on my entire site is b2evo for the blog... so it's not like I have a big gaping hole or anything... and this has happened when I had no scripts too.

Therefore, I need a new webhost... basically my only requirements is that it offers php/mysql, runs on linux, and provides pop3 as well as forwarding for the email.

Right now I'm paying 20 pounds/yr for all this, so something in a similar price range would be nice but unlikely.

--nick
bye

gnarfel

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2006, 19:13 »

for free webhosting (no this is not spam or a scam), try evilhosting...one of my friends runs it, and its a community project..there are no ads on your pages, you get a CPanel account, as long as you bring your own domain

http://evilhosting.org/

IRC: irc://irc.evilhosting.org/evilnet (owner of EH is `dg`)

Tokuma

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.last.fm/user/tokuma/
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2006, 19:27 »

I use 1&1 for my hosting, they have never given me any problems and have the best prices I have seen anywhere. Two dollars and ninety nine cents a month (usd).

From their website:

* 1 domain name
    * 5 GB web space
    * 500 e-mail accounts
    * 250 GB traffic

The 1&1 Linux Beginner package is the perfect way to get started on the Internet. Includes e-mail, a free domain name and free phone support, so there are no additional costs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up