THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 11:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My webcomic needs your help  (Read 4023 times)

TURKINAA

My webcomic needs your help
« on: 27 Jun 2006, 22:04 »

After 2 years of waiting I finally got up a webcomic I've been working on with my friends.  Problem is my artist is the biggest slacker ever and I'm running out of strips to post.  What I would love is if anyone here who draws to draw up something stupid I could use as filler strips until I kick his butt into shape.  Also the site itself could use some suggestions since it is very plain.  I don't know much about coding anymore except for basic html so if anyone is willing to throw suggestions or help me with features I would be ever greatful and of course link to anything you want (ex homepage).

www.somekindahero.com

Don't be too rough, but be honest.  So far the only help I got was to not include a small pic that works as a link, except without it it was only a link that you would miss so I kinda need it right now.  Thats why I could use some help with it.

Rawr_Im_A_Melon

« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2006, 22:30 »

i think you should use this
as your avatar. because it made me tee hee.

TURKINAA

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2006, 09:13 »

Quote from: Rawr_Im_A_Melon
i think you should use this
as your avatar. because it made me tee hee.

Haha.    I think I need a better way to have updates rather then like a new blog post.

Action_franky

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2006, 15:22 »

i will totally help!

give me a few days to come up with real quilty filler.

TURKINAA

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2006, 09:41 »

Quote from: Action_franky
i will totally help!

give me a few days to come up with real quilty filler.

That would rock.  I have 2 "filler" strips done by my friend, just some weird stuff he did.  I also just yelled at my artist to get stuff done so we'll see how many weeks it takes for him to produce anything.  Anything at all.

TURKINAA

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2006, 20:49 »

Does anyone know how to use wordpress?  That's the site/editor I use.  I wanted to make some changes to the layout of it.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to use it?  I had my friend set it up and I'm too afraid to mess with it without knowing what to do.

surreality

« Reply #6 on: 04 Jul 2006, 17:58 »

yo i can do some filler stuff, ghetto MS Paint stuff, but it amuses me, just email me with what kinda stuff you want

Action_franky

« Reply #7 on: 05 Jul 2006, 08:11 »

well this is takeing longer than i thought so i may end up sending old filler stuff i did in my sketchbook.

no worrys,
just time with a twist of lime
action

Action_franky

« Reply #8 on: 07 Jul 2006, 10:10 »

ok i have a few things draw and one totally finished.

i also will send you some old stuff that was nither funny or useful as a comic goes.

email?

and do you have a program to open ".rar" files cuz i compressed about 11 images into a folder for you.

Action_franky

« Reply #9 on: 07 Jul 2006, 10:20 »

NVM i sent you a email. with the files pinned on.

check your yahoo inbox mofo.

TURKINAA

« Reply #10 on: 09 Jul 2006, 12:50 »

Quote from: Action_franky
NVM i sent you a email. with the files pinned on.

check your yahoo inbox mofo.

I dont see anything.  If you could send it again I'll keep an eye out, thank you.  I think I'll have to use it for next week or something since I'm almost out of comics.

Action_franky

« Reply #11 on: 09 Jul 2006, 18:58 »

here this is the only thing worth a crap anyways

Kid Modernist

« Reply #12 on: 09 Jul 2006, 19:10 »

I'm going to be honest here, the art isn't that interesting and the writing is typical. Do something different.

Action_franky

« Reply #13 on: 09 Jul 2006, 19:23 »

i sent the filler file to [email protected]

it's a .rar file attached to the email. look below the message ...but i guess i'll send it once more.

the SSBM comic was kinda funny

but most of em are less than.

but most webcomics have rocky starts and i think once you get into the groove of comics it will be better.

TURKINAA

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jul 2006, 00:09 »

Problem is it has taken 2 years for any comics to get done and up.  So I write a bunch of them, they get ignored, and its hard to get a flow going especially of the comics I like the most.  I will post the fillers soon once I have a chance to look over them and finish up what I have left.  Trust me, if my artist wasnt lazy we could have much better stuff up.

TURKINAA

« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2006, 12:00 »

My artist finally wants to do some work, but he wants to do a real story arc.  Any ideas for one?  Doesn't have to be a long one.  I always wanted to go back in time and beat people up.

mookers

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2006, 12:21 »

that is the BEST story arch. DO IT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up