THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoorah for Stylus.  (Read 5542 times)

KibBen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyom.
Hoorah for Stylus.
« on: 28 Jun 2006, 06:03 »

Found my stylus for my tablet. Drew this in celebration. Yes, it's supposed to be blurry like that.
Who travels back in time in an Alfa Romeo?

tetrahedron

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2006, 08:32 »

i just bought a tablet... i feel your joy.  :)

The True Lenin

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2006, 17:01 »

A very fine piece of artwork.

I am looking for a good stylus style mouse to use with my design work. Any suggestions?

shatteredshards

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2006, 09:56 »

Quote from: tetrahedron
i just bought a tablet... i feel your joy.  :)

I got mine last week. I think I've bothered to pick up a mouse twice since then, and only very briefly.

tetrahedron

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2006, 10:09 »

i'm forcing myself not to bring it to work.  i would get NOTHING done if i did.

shatteredshards

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2006, 00:06 »

Who needs to actually do their job at work, anyhow?

What make/model did you get?

tetrahedron

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2006, 05:11 »

very little.  and it's worse b/c i'm an intern, and so i serve no real purpose.  

i got an intuos3 4x5.  maybe i should have gotten the graphire 6x8, but i got a really good deal on this one.  i'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs, of course, but i actually prefer to sketch on the tablet as opposed to paper b/c it erases perfectly clean (and i'm compulsive like that).

also, customizable buttons.... mmmm.... it's so much faster.

shatteredshards

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2006, 17:57 »

I sprung for the 6x8 Intuos, because I thought that the 4x5 would be too small for my liking.

I did some looking before I bought it and found a few reviews that helped me make my decision. I found one that compared Graphire with Intuos and the author much prefered the Intuos, explaining that Graphire doesn't transmit signals as often and it's a noticable difference; she said the lines came out like lots of tiny connected straight line segments compared to Intuos.

I love the pop-up menu - I added it to one of the stylus' buttons and added a whole bunch of keyboard shortcuts to it, different ones for different programs too.

tetrahedron

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #8 on: 01 Jul 2006, 07:04 »

4x5 is pretty small, and i may upgrade in the future, but for now it suits.  my drawing style uses a lot of wrist, so i don't usually go off the drawing surface. if you're doing any painting, the intuos is much preferable; you have more control and the lines are better quality.

of course, it also helps to have art skills, so now i have to work on those... bleh...

shatteredshards

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #9 on: 01 Jul 2006, 17:16 »

You probably have more skills than I do. ;)

My reasoning was that trying to use a mouse in Photoshop was utterly pissing me off for the last how many months, so a tablet might be easier. Sure enough, it gives me much more control and I find it much more natural than using a mouse.

tetrahedron

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #10 on: 01 Jul 2006, 17:19 »

not quite.  my "talent" level is roughly around the population of the moon.  but there's hope for both of us, eh?  the more you practice, the better you get. :)

de fusee

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2006, 07:02 »

Hey, anyone know if a stylus for a different Wacom tablet would work for one who's stylus has gone the way of the wooly mammoth?

Lines

• Awakened
Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2006, 07:21 »

your drawing is mucho fabuloso.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

shatteredshards

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2006, 21:02 »

Quote from: de fusee
Hey, anyone know if a stylus for a different Wacom tablet would work for one who's stylus has gone the way of the wooly mammoth?

It might. To give you an idea, http://www.wacom.com/faqs/knowledge_search.cfm?id=204.

KibBen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyom.
Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2006, 22:55 »

Quote from: iamyourpirate
your drawing is mucho fabuloso.

Thank you. :D

KibBen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyom.
Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2006, 04:18 »

As an update to this:

So, today was the first time I ever really used Painter. Admitedly, it's only essentials, but I can get access to Painter IX. I daresay that, after tonight, I definitely will.

I've spent the past few hours on this, and I feel it might be the best digital painting I've ever done.

Pumpkin

Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #16 on: 01 Aug 2006, 19:10 »

i'm having a hard time processing what it is. right now it's just a yohnic/phallic tree-ish flesh coloured blur of lines.... but it could be because i'm still up at three in the morning. anyway, happy tabletting....

KibBen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyom.
Hoorah for Stylus.
« Reply #17 on: 02 Aug 2006, 08:50 »

If that's whatcha see, Pumpkin, that's what it is. Personally, I see a dragonish/smiliar fantasy creature thing. Other see a sea horse, a tree, the flow of time, and a pony.
Pages: [1]   Go Up