THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats your favorite webcomic and why?  (Read 177396 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Whats your favorite webcomic and why?
« Reply #50 on: 21 Sep 2006, 16:42 »

QC and Dr. McNinja are my two favorites. probably because they are the only ones i read (and i rarely read dr. mcninja these days but i still count it).

i used to read Nothing Nice to Say when i was younger. it was what got me into webcomics but i think i outgrew it or something because i just sort of stopped reading.  but i will always hold that comic in high esteem for getting me into Jawbreaker.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #51 on: 21 Sep 2006, 22:06 »

ScaryGoRound is my favourite webcomic.  if you want a reason, go read today's comic.  he's given us just enough time + other hijinks to forget about a certain thing, then come back and done something awesome with it

Kirbo

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
« Reply #52 on: 21 Sep 2006, 22:17 »

Agreed, Amazon Erin = Wow. SGR is rocking the house lately.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

akd

« Reply #53 on: 23 Sep 2006, 02:15 »

Agreed, SGR is good lately, but what about Sam and Fuzzy? Right now this massive 10-month storyline is just reaching a peak. Last week, (with 3 comics) Sam Logan gave us 3 MASSIVE cliffhangers, each one slightly bigger than the last. The story is amazingly detailed and well planned, and its easy to understand why a forum thread on the topic has stretched to nearly 40 pages.

Kirbo

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
« Reply #54 on: 23 Sep 2006, 11:26 »

If you look back, you'll see Sam and Fuzzy is my #1, and you've just listed why. Logan has had everything planned so well for so long, and it's amazing. I'm the webcomic guy in my Res, and it's the first one I recommend every time.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

logosmonkey

« Reply #55 on: 23 Sep 2006, 15:54 »

It should also be noted that Sam & Fuzzy is some of the best, if not the best, black and white art in webcomics.

Mr. Minipax

Re: Whats your favorite webcomic and why?
« Reply #56 on: 01 Oct 2006, 20:12 »

PBF has taken a severe turn for the worse in the last 4-6 months.

As of this time, I'd say the ones I look forward to the most are SMBC, QC and Dinosaur Comics.

Ragman

« Reply #57 on: 01 Oct 2006, 23:36 »

These are my favourites, in no particular order

Something Positive is always funny, and has such brilliant dark humor. Plus, a melting chemo-kitty.

xkcd is great, the arts not meant to be the best, but its always funny

Multiplex is my favorite movie based comic, its funny and there's usually a pay off despite only being a weekly

Elf Only Inn just recently came back after two years, and has been good so far, its kept a good humor, and does a good job of poking fun of internet Role Playing

And, of course, Questionable Content. Its just a great comic all around.

captainawesome

« Reply #58 on: 05 Oct 2006, 17:43 »

Dr. Mcninja is currently my favorite, reaching the top with the single best aniversary comic i've ever seen.

Narr

« Reply #59 on: 06 Oct 2006, 04:52 »

Perry Bible Fellowship is up there, although I agree that it's gone downhill lately.  Still, there's some total gems every month like the Funbot one that was a couple weeks ago.  I laughed really hard at that one.

Dr. McNinja, although that seems to be a common consensus around here.

White Ninja, because it's like Robot Chicken: much funnier when you read it while tired.  Easily one of my favorite comics of all time.

Penny-Arcade, although it's going downhill as well.  The last real gem of theirs was the one where Gabe was trying to say Warhammer was ripping off World of Warcraft and Tycho responds in his over-the-top manner about how he will kill himself, become the god of the dark place of death, and torture Gabe.  "I will open one of my six mouths and sing the song that ends the earth."  Classic.

I saw one person mention it briefly, but I'd like to mention Order of the Stick.  If you're familiar with D&D at all, it's hilarious.  I've been following it for awhile now.

Hoopah

« Reply #60 on: 06 Oct 2006, 12:19 »

Howdy kiddies,

I'm kinda partial to teh following myself... in no particualer order:

1) QC of course
2) Girls with Slingshots - I really like DC's work
3) Least I could Do - I jsut think it's funny s#it
4) Order of the Stick - for the nerd in me
5) Wapsi Square - again I think Pablo's stuff is amazing as well
6) and for the corporate whore in me... PVP

Tenge

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #61 on: 07 Oct 2006, 02:44 »

I've always enjoyed VG Cats. Scott Rasoomair is an amazing artist, especially with facial expressions. They make me laugh so..

Wedley

• Not quite a lurker
    • Sigh Five
« Reply #62 on: 16 Oct 2006, 03:54 »

Comical Interlude is my current favourite (non-QC) webcomic at the moment.  It's actually based within Livejournal at the moment, which is pretty ridiculous because it definitely deserves its own website.
SighFive.com - my frequently NSFW comic

Silly Bobs new groove

« Reply #63 on: 16 Oct 2006, 20:44 »

It's QC, no question (and no pun intended), This comic introduced me to a way of story telling I had never seen in Webcomics before, sure Penny arcade had some biref story archs, but QC made me see that doing the story I wanted to do, wasn't as stupid as I thought it was.

It's followed closely behind by Sam and Fuzzy and Penny Arcade.

:mrgreen: I wanted to use this smiley just once

josefino

« Reply #64 on: 04 Dec 2006, 07:14 »

Not any in order of favorite, these are all my favorite:

1. Bleedman and Snafu comics:

Power Puff Girls Doujinshi (PPGD) http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0
Grim Tales From Down Below http://grim.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0
Invader Zim: Manifest Doom http://zim.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0

Great art and Stories. Bleedman's comics are just damn awesome.

2. Squirrel Works- BattleGate

http://www.squirrelworks.com/zones/battlegate/01.0/p-cover.html

Very interesting story and one of the interesting and cool art styles I've seen

3. Tim Buckley's Ctrl+Alt+Del

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/

Tim "Absath" Buckley makes such great game comics, it's always a good laugh. He's a great guy.

4. Chris and Kent from The Adventures of Dr. McNInja

http://drmcninja.com/index.html

This has got to be the best comic find I've ever laid my eyes on. The artwork is awesome and the humor gets me everytime. Plus, he's a Doctor, who's a ninja.

5. Scott Sava's The Dreamland Chronicles

http://www.thedreamlandchronicles.com/

What art! All in CGI and it works so well! I love it.

6. Mike and Ron from Psuedome' Studio LLC:

Van Von Hunter http://www.vanvonhunter.com/vvh1.html

VVH, so good for a laugh, good storyline too.

7. Alpha Shade

http://alpha-shade.com/www/index2.htm

By far, one of the best storyline I've seen, espcailly in their first chapter. Also, the vector art is great.

8. Oh course, Jeph for Questionable Content =)

Can't go without a day with remembering the one the first webcomics I fallen in love with

9. And lastly, Scott who makes VG Cats

http://www.vgcats.com/

Leo and Aeris, nuff said.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2006, 07:16 by josefino »

camelpimp

« Reply #65 on: 04 Dec 2006, 07:36 »

Something Positive - Very first webcomic I ever read. The dark humor sucked me in, and the characters made be stay.

White Ninja and Dr McNinja - Ninja comics for the WIN

Shortpacked! - I must admit I haven't read It's Walky! though. But even though I don't get all the toy jokes, this comic is simply uproariously funny.

Bigger than Cheeses: Juvenile humor at it's best.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #66 on: 04 Dec 2006, 15:03 »

partiallyclips, pokey the penguin and penny arcade.

all the p's. or at least those three.

"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #67 on: 05 Dec 2006, 04:52 »

something positive was introduced to me during my senior year of high school at my old military school. i can tell you just reading about fictional frustration was enough to not make me go batshit insane. kind of like...my mother is.

then it was bob the angry flower..then questionable content, sinfest, ctrl alt delete (its humiliating when you are in a room full of people and you're crying from stifling your laughter too hard), then it was chopping block (but LAH never fucking UPDATES.), mmm dr. mcninja, some other obscure ones i can't remember, and recently, xkcd, pbf, one-liners, etc. etc.

and i thought no one had ever heard of xkcd! i went to a facebook group called "i wish i could be your derivitive so i could lay tangent to your curves"..and saw like, all of xkcd's comics in there. i was like, "where the hell have you guys been?" as a matter of fact...where the hell have YOU guys been? i look like a damn idiot trying to explain why i can't hang out because i have to finish reading a webcomic to friends with actual social lives.

have i said that already? oh well, wth. :D
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2006, 04:54 by fashionablenerdgrl »

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #68 on: 07 Dec 2006, 07:46 »

...I feel like such a loser as I haven't heard of, or read 97% of the comics you've all listed (...That's just a guess...).
Those that have been aforementioned that I like: QC, of course! And it is actually the one webcomic that I make sure to read daily --all of my other Webcomic reads I let pile up for a month or two, and then read them all at one time. Also, Something Positive (Simply for Choo-choo...)

Those that haven't been mentioned (and thus making me feel like a reclusive loooooser): Todd and Penguin, FAIL (though that has been scraped for his new project: Bring Your Own Awesome), F.A.R.T.S., and The Devil's Panties (on the occasion).

The first webcomic I ever read (and had already been ended/scrapped by the time I got to it) was Writhe and Shine. ...I should go read it again. It's been awhile.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #69 on: 08 Dec 2006, 01:08 »

oh i LOVE Todd and Penguin! i totally forgot about that. mmmmm awesome!

ThePQ4

« Reply #70 on: 08 Dec 2006, 02:36 »

Oh thank goodness --I thought I was the only person who had heard of or at least liked TaP. ...whew. --His new comic (besides Taking Up Space, which I actually almost like(d) more then TaP), Girl and Monster...is kinda meh.

Bradwick

« Reply #71 on: 08 Dec 2006, 02:55 »

I think as far as humor goes, Penny Arcade is my favorite webcomic.

I also really like Gone With the Blastwave.  It's hilarious but I wish he would update more often.  http://www.blastwavecomic.com/

I've only discovered QC just recently but it quickly became one of my favorites and it's easily my favorite story driven comic.  The fact that it's pretty funny is a nice treat too.

Inverloch is also a great fantasy comic.  I really like the art and story (and the frequency of updates).  http://www.seraph-inn.com/index.html

monkeys

« Reply #72 on: 08 Dec 2006, 11:24 »

QC  is my 1st pick to be my favorite cause I just love the story and It got me hooked instantly but Ctrl-Alt-Del is my 2nd favorite just cause its fun to read

BBP

« Reply #73 on: 09 Dec 2006, 09:20 »

I normally categorize my favorite webcomics between "joke-a-day" and "storyline" comics.  QC was the first comic I found that bridged those two genres :D

funnies
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal

stories
Girl Genius
No Rest For The Wicked
Inverloch
Kagerou

funnies stories
LinT
No Crap!
Loserz

White Ninja and Dr McNinja - Ninja comics for the WIN
Okay, now I have to know - are there any good PIRATE comics out there?

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #74 on: 09 Dec 2006, 09:31 »

the only good comics in the funnies section of the newspaper are sam and fuzzy and pearls before swine. sam and fuzzy is hilarious because they are so deliberately obtuse, and pearls before swine because they crack alot of jokes about coffee-fanatics and their wildly ridiculous drink orders. i appreciate it more because i used to work for a well-known coffee company, and yes, there were people who ordered double cup small nonfat single shot half decaf 2 raw sugar no foam 2 pumps of peppermint and one pump of chocolate mocha. including me. (but since when i made it for myself, there were no customers...and no long ass line...so i actually LIKED to do it..and i knew my own damn drink order. not like im going to throw it out and complain about myself if it didn't come out well.)

and because rat is such a bastard. its wonderful :D

kompan

• Not quite a lurker
  • Go away or I will replace you with a shell script.
« Reply #75 on: 10 Dec 2006, 02:53 »

QC, of course, and:

• Sinfest - for sharp sex/politics/religion humor condensed in three panels
  • PvP - for clever computer/game/movies references
  • Userfriendly - for programmer/admin/IT related storyline
  • Garfield - for all-the-same, predictable yet funny jokes since '78

I had read also GPF-comics.com which was fun on start, but then turned a bit weird.
And after your recommendations, I just started to read Chugworth.com and Errantstory.com - very nice.
Regards,  Kompan.  (|^.^|)        iMac G3      Mini G4     Civic 1.4

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #76 on: 10 Dec 2006, 04:32 »

i think i have heard of user friendly, but never actually went...or im going out of my damn mind

garfield is only good when its in a book so you can read all of them at once.

And I can't believe this comic wasn't mentioned (online or not):

CALVIN AND HOBBES. probably spelling that totally wrong...and probably already mentioned. once again..out of my damn mind.

but seriously, thats like, the best comic ever. i used to read it as a little girl and laugh at the funny pictures (because lord knows my ability to comprehend large words was zero), but then i came across the book a few years ago and read it and suddenly i laughed even more than before--because i GOT IT. it was, truly, amazing.

Recent Vintage

« Reply #77 on: 11 Dec 2006, 13:16 »

I love Hockey Zombie, and Offensive Comic while it was still up.

QC is obviously at the top, and Theater Hopper is pretty sweet as well.

ThePQ4

« Reply #78 on: 12 Dec 2006, 20:17 »

CALVIN AND HOBBES.
...you know, I never read Calvin and Hobbes until my junior year of high school and realized what a masterpeice it was... It made me a little sad I had never ventured it out before... My Aunt wants to get the giant collection w/ every single strip ever printed for the library, but it is uber-expensive, so she's been getting the little collections, haha. I love it when I talk her into buying stuff for the library that no one nessessarily wants but me and her :) Having an Aunt for a librarian is awesome.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #79 on: 13 Dec 2006, 01:27 »

that's nothing compared to having a MOTHER that is a librarian.

game set point match win terminology whatever
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Sean C

« Reply #80 on: 13 Dec 2006, 01:37 »

3. Tim Buckley's Ctrl+Alt+Del

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/

Tim "Absath" Buckley makes such great game comics, it's always a good laugh. He's a great guy.

May I refer you to this - http://www.hockeyzombie.com/

Tim Buckley is NOT a great guy. He is a nasty little prick.
Okay, here's the Tim Buckley lesson for today, just so you can all learn why the webcomics world hates the man.

Let's start with the RoMicide incident. Tim befriended a 16 or 17 year old girl online and tried to form a relationship with her anyway. Several people pointed out that she was underage, but Buckley sent naked pictures of himself to her. He propostitioned a minor, but was never caught by the law for it. Some members of the RoM subforum at CAD began discussing the incident, and some called bullshit on Tim for his behavior. The thread was deleted; anyone who posted in the thread, or even read the thread, was perma-banned from the forums. The RoM forum was shut down after that in a massive purge of nearly 1/3 of the forum members.

Next up is the WoW guild. Tim formed a guild on World of Warcraft, but eventually left the guild, and left it in the hands of the other leaders. A month after he quit, he logs on, supposedly drunk, and proceeds to go on an obscenity laced rant and banned EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE CLAN, killing the organization in a half-hour, and leaving those members up shit's creek. (The PvP guild took a lot of them in after that.) Now it's a bannable offense to even discuss WoW or that incident in the CAD forums.

Now we get to the OTHER gaming incident, the Battlefield one. Tim asked for money from his forum members to get a CAD server for BF2. After a brief time, he suddenly up and quits that game, (rumor is he sucked and got sick of it) and just takes the money before it was used to pay for another month/whatever time period. He shut down that server; nobody could play on it. He never paid back the money he took - he just basically screwed those people.

Now we come to the Kris Straub letter. Tim went on a rant about Webcomics Appreciation Day (nowhere near the date of the event) and said it was just a bunch of bullshit. Kris Straub, who does Checkerboard Nightmare and Starslip Crisis, wrote Tim an e-mail that explained that while Tim may not have liked the idea, a lot of artists saw it as just that little bit of recognition for their efforts. (I've seen the letter, it was very nice and polite.) Tim responded by telling Straub to "go back to blowing Kurtz", and that "I get more e-mail in one day than you get in a year." The way the response was written, it seemed to imply that Tim thought success was measured by e-mail, and he showed such utter disrespect and contempt for Straub - the rudeness level was easily a ten; it's known within the webcomics world that Tim just doesn't give the slightest shit about other comics - that's fine, but he openly bashes and disrespects pretty much any other comicker that approaches him, spouting off on how much more successful he is and whatnot. He's just plain mean.

He also does not respect his forum members. As long as they're kissing his ass, he's fine with it, but when someone offers some constructive critisism, that individual will have the thread locked, and will likely be banned for trolling. Tim literally CANNOT take critisism of any kind; he sees his success as the only justification for putting out a formulaic, chronic-cut-paste comic that just keeps recycling the same jokes over and over again. (Just read it for awhile, folks, it used to be good, but now it's the internet's Garfield - successful but not entertaining.) Tim has shown open, nasty contempt for anyone that so much as suggests he do, well, anything, really.

People don't like Tim Buckely because he's a moody, disrespectful jerk who treats other people as if they were beneath him. He took money from his forum-goers and denied them the service they were paying for. He's exposed himself to and propositioned a minor. And I've never heard of him donating to any charity.

So there you have it. This is why Tim Buckley is the most hated man in webcomics. It took a lot, but HE EARNED that title.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #81 on: 13 Dec 2006, 11:57 »

::cries::

how do you know this? i want resources. ctrl alt delete happens to be one of my favorite comics, but i am openminded to the fact that Tim Buckley might be a pompous ass.

I want evidence to support that...if you please :D

thank you

mediocrefashion

« Reply #82 on: 13 Dec 2006, 16:35 »

comedy wise, my favorites are: QC, Something Positive, Least I could Do, and Brinkerhoff.
drama wise, my favorite is seamonster by nathan castle.

Sean C

« Reply #83 on: 13 Dec 2006, 17:42 »

::cries::

how do you know this? i want resources. ctrl alt delete happens to be one of my favorite comics, but i am openminded to the fact that Tim Buckley might be a pompous ass.

I want evidence to support that...if you please :D

thank you

The Hockey Zombie forums are populated by A LOT of ex-CADers, including some ex-mods who were purged for going against Tim over the nude pictures incident. They can tell you all the details there, if you ask. The link I put up is for Hockey Zombie, so just jump to the forums. The incidents where Tim shut down the server, taking that money - and where he drunkenly disbanded the guild is all pretty common knowledge - it's a bannable offense if you even discuss those incidents on the fourms. You can also just ask Kris Straub about the letter; he posted a copy of it somewhere in the Blank Label's forums, but I'm sure he still has it saved and would be happy to show you. As for the disrespect towards fans, just watch the fourms and Tim's newsposts. He takes cheap shots, it's his policy to ban ANYONE who even critisizes his comic a little bit, and he tends to act like an ass if you e-mail him with any suggestions/constructive critisisms. This is assuming he actually responds. Just observe his behavior there.

ThePQ4

« Reply #84 on: 13 Dec 2006, 18:52 »

that's nothing compared to having a MOTHER that is a librarian.
game set point match win terminology whatever

...Concidering my Mom works in a Wal*Mart Deli as a manager... I guess that's handier if you like books.  :-P

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #85 on: 13 Dec 2006, 21:30 »

My absolute favorite, addiction-worthy webcomics are:

1. 8-Bit Theater - I can't get enough of Fighter McWarrior and Black Mage o.o That's a comic to be read from first to last.

2. Cyanide and Happiness - The ultimate in offensive gross-out humor (at least that I've seen so far) Awesome stick-figure-esque characters in random funny situations, and it's daily.

3. Quesionable Content - obviously. I love Faye (and I miss her recently), and Pintsize.

4. VG Cats - Cartoon cats in video game-related parodies. And sometimes, movie critique?

As far as the funny pages go, I love Foxtrot, Zits, Get Fuzzy, Life in Hell, Dilbert, Boondocks, Frazz, and Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2006, 10:46 by TheBoredOne »
Boredom Makes You Cool.

ackblom12

« Reply #86 on: 14 Dec 2006, 03:49 »

1. Dominic Deegan - I can't say enough good things about this comic. It does possibly have the bitchiest fan forum base i have ever seen though.

2. VG Cats - Duh.

3. QC

4. Commissioned

5. Loserz -  Erik finally started daily updates again. thank fucking god.

6. Dr. McNinja

7. Sorcery 101

8. Something Positive

9. Dualing Analogs

10. Gone with the Blastwave - This one would be higher if it wasn't on temporary hiatus and I didn't know when it was starting back up.

at one point, Ctrl+Alt+Del would have been up there, but something happened at some point and I just started hating everything about the comic.

Sean C

« Reply #87 on: 14 Dec 2006, 06:14 »

at one point, Ctrl+Alt+Del would have been up there, but something happened at some point and I just started hating everything about the comic.

It started being cut-paste, started re-using the same few jokes over and over, and didn't show any sign of improvement. It sucks now.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #88 on: 14 Dec 2006, 07:23 »

I've been on the CAD forums (but not too much, they have a shitload of rules). Tim doesn't seem as bad as everyone says. But then again, I've only seen him post, like, 3 times ever.

I still kind of like the comic, though.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #89 on: 14 Dec 2006, 09:51 »

i don't have anything against tim buckley the person, none of the stuff i've heard about him really does much to separate him from most other internet major personalities i can think of... my beef is strictly relegated to his comic. i don't understand why it's so goddamned popular (well okay, I DO.. more accurately I resent it's popularity.) "witty observation about your taste/gender/preferred gaming platform followed by violence in place of actual punchline" doesn't even BEGIN to qualify as comedy in my book. it's depressing to see what I consider complete mediocrity blow everything else out of the water.

...Concidering my Mom works in a Wal*Mart Deli as a manager... I guess that's handier if you like books.  :-P

i am a dude who likes his books. although come to think of it, growing up, i didn't really have a choice.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

ackblom12

« Reply #90 on: 14 Dec 2006, 12:03 »

It started being cut-paste, started re-using the same few jokes over and over, and didn't show any sign of improvement. It sucks now.

Pretty much. That and i came to the realization that his writing is absolute shit when it comes to story, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't make the half ass attempt to make CAD somewhat story oriented.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #91 on: 14 Dec 2006, 14:19 »

That makes me so sad to hear about someone like that, abusing their popularity and such. I feel like the time I found out that Santa Clause wasn't real.

I derno though, I suppose reptition runs in my blood (hence, military school), so the way the comic kind of does circles around itself as far as jokes go doesn't bother me. I'm easily amused. Granted, since you guys have pointed it out, I have been going through the storylines in my head and realise that it is getting worse.

Ethan (the main character), still says funny things once in a while...but mostly in the past, as well as his Xbox. But other than that I find myself less willing to check the updates and instead check XKCD. (who knew that a joke about mathematics after sex not being good bedroom talk would be hilarious to a girl who failed almost every single year of math since 1st grade?)...(and why do I finally get stuff now?)

It's a tragedy. (About the comic and the writer)

Anarchy965

« Reply #92 on: 15 Dec 2006, 06:29 »

Hi all, I'm new here. I started reading this comic 2 or 3 days ago and I'm already done reading the archive and onto reading the daily strip. This comic is hilarious. The characters and their personalities are so easy for me to relate to and even though I hate Indie music I can relate to all of the jokes. My other favorite comics are xkcd, comet7, VGcats, and McMorbid (rimfrost.deviantart.com)

ThePQ4

« Reply #93 on: 17 Dec 2006, 02:20 »

I have a feeling that this will become a favorite:

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #94 on: 17 Dec 2006, 04:23 »

oh yeah explosm is awesome but sometimes just so wrong

ThePQ4

« Reply #95 on: 17 Dec 2006, 06:07 »

Aw, come on! Who doesn't love a necrophelia joke??

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #96 on: 18 Dec 2006, 08:18 »

me. those jokes are so EASY.

haha Elitism 2006
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

BigD

« Reply #97 on: 20 Dec 2006, 03:38 »

I found QC a couple of weeks ago, from some link.  Even though I don't have an inkling of a clue about some of the bands brought up, I can appreciate just about everything else.

Other comics I read:

VG Cats
Order of the Stick
Fodi (http://www.baldninja.com)
Fanboys (http://fanboys-online.com/index.php)
TMI (http://tmi-comic.com)
Full Frontal Nerdity (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/ffn/ffn.htm)
Hockey Zombie
PvP
Ugly Hill (http://www.uglyhill.com/index.html)
And probably a lot of others that I'm just forgetting about atm.

gargoylekitty

« Reply #98 on: 20 Dec 2006, 12:25 »

Probably QC, Bunny, and Yu+Me. I actually tend to perfer webcomics with actual going plots, sans Bunny of course.

Scytale

« Reply #99 on: 20 Dec 2006, 16:26 »

Aside from QC I like

Everybody Loves Eric Raymond

Geek humor at its best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up