THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats your favorite webcomic and why?  (Read 177444 times)

perenialloser

Re: Whats your favorite webcomic and why?
« Reply #100 on: 22 Dec 2006, 06:13 »

I'd say I'd have to go with the three that I gave "year-end" awards to over the years.

Scary Go Round, because it's British humour that I can most certainly get (OK, first british webcomic I got into. When I got into webcomics, I though they were all American. Poor, deluded, Scottish soul...)

QC, because what's not to like about QC?

And Narbonic because there's something about mad scientists, mad geeks and girls that have a liking for arsenals that George W. would be proud of that's goddamned addictive.

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #101 on: 23 Dec 2006, 01:09 »

:-)I..only read QC *hides under rock* Yeah, so obviously it's my favorite. I've read others, but I just didn't stick with them like I did w/ QC. When I forst started reading, I read 100 or so strips in about 4 hours. Catching up for everything I missed  :-D
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

KOODustin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #102 on: 24 Dec 2006, 00:13 »

Well consider that I post more here than in my OWN comic...I'd have to say QC rocks the shit.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #103 on: 24 Dec 2006, 00:47 »

I always feel like a bit of a tool when I say Penny Arcade is my favorite comic, but until I find one that is as consistently funny, then I'm going to keep saying it. Plus, Tycho's newsposts are often pretty informative as well.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #104 on: 24 Dec 2006, 03:10 »

Aw, come on! Who doesn't love a necrophelia joke??

i LOVE them. just...not if the drawing gets graphic.

then it gets better!

haha just kidding. but seriously...they are funny.

reinah

« Reply #105 on: 25 Dec 2006, 23:48 »

It goes without saying QC is one of my fav's.

But I also like 8-bit Theater and *gasp* Megatokyo.  xkcd is another fav, tho I doubt anyone's heard of it.

I'm a fan of xkcd as well =D That and QC are my favorites.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #106 on: 26 Dec 2006, 11:57 »

I always feel like a bit of a tool when I say Penny Arcade is my favorite comic, but until I find one that is as consistently funny, then I'm going to keep saying it. Plus, Tycho's newsposts are often pretty informative as well.

Penny Arcade does have a remarkable consistency. It's not often very funny, but it is consistently amusing, and there's the odd strip that makes me bang my head against my window until I can breathe again.

Also, I am waaaay too much in to SGR. To the point where the standard christmas break is exacerbating my Seasonal Affective Disorder I have picked up by not encountering sunlight for more than an hour overall in the last week. Also, It actually soured my day when Friend Bat was killed off, and I was made happy by the introduction of Comrade Bat a few weeks later.

I always used to wonder why SGR is so seemingly under-known. Then I read a review of it on Comixpedia that claimed, among other things, that its formula relied on not using punchlines and was basically only worth it for the quirky situations. This proves that, in light of strips like this, people are probably still not quite getting British humour.

Also, lol, I just remembered the strip in Bulgaria where Amy and Shelley escape the hotel dressed as nuns, leaving the problem to some 'proffessional vampyr slayers'. I had never thought tiny onomatopaeic screams of agony could be quite so amusing. I was still breaking out laughing by the time I want to bed.

Anyone got a favourite SGR strip or storyline or whatnot btw? I think my definitively favourite page is the one on which Dark Esther recieves her monthly letter from the Marilyn Manson fan club, best chapter I don't know. Can't decide on a favourite character either.

Am I the only person, by the way, who thinks that of all the webcomics ever made, Scary Go Round would make the best TV series? Imagine each chapter compiled in to a 45 minute tv show. It would be like a British version of Eerie, Indiana, on crack. So fucking good.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

confessionalbox

« Reply #107 on: 26 Dec 2006, 23:51 »

One that nobody has mentioned is Jorge Cham's "Piled Higher and Deeper" set in the world of Grad School. Of course it is probably only funny to people stuck in grad school, or those who are recovering from it ib one way or another. http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php

Beyond that my daily reads are SP, Wapsi (although it is losing it's appeal) GWS, Least I could Do, The Lounge (guilty pleasure) The Devil's Panties, A Girl and Her Fed and Misfile... that is beyond QC of course. I occasionally catch up on Penny and Aggie, Candi, Sore Thumbs, TAV, and others when I need to procrastinate.

I really wish Josh had finished Avalon and would get a stable new strip going, something about his stuff sucks me in.

I also have a 20 page list of things I once read but abandoned...

Vanilli

« Reply #108 on: 27 Dec 2006, 08:08 »

My favorites are definitely as follows (in no particular order, because I like them for different reasons)
  • Diesel Sweeties- I love the random punchlines and the consistency of the comic. And it has a followable storyline on top of some of the obnoxious jokes.
  • Able and Baker - http://jimburgessdesign.com/comics/- I'm really surprised no one mentioned this one. My friend sent me about 7 comic links, and this one is the one I anticipate the most. Jim Burgess is amazing.
  • QC - Of course. Love the storyline, great art, and I LOVE Faye, probably because I can connect with her the most. Her and Marten's relationship is incredibly similar to the one I have with one of my old friends. I read the entire storyline over 6-8 hours during summer break. Love it.
  • White Ninja- Need I say more?
  • Exterminatus Now- http://exterminatusnow.comicgenesis.com/ - This is another one I like a lot. Nice art and storyline.

Occasionally I go to Penny Arcade, CAD or VG Cats, but I'm not into the gaming humor as much. They're well done and everything, just not my style.

steph la awesome

« Reply #109 on: 27 Dec 2006, 08:22 »

Something Positive. great punchlines, but great storytelling as well.
QC obviously.
Overcompensating because it's hilarious (and I like it more than Wigu too).
Wapsi Square when it isn't boring, sorry, mysterious supernatural stuff leaves me cold.

phoenixdoll

« Reply #110 on: 27 Dec 2006, 17:06 »

I like Order of the Stick, because it's pretty funny and it appeals to my sense of humour and Questionable Content, because again I find it hilariously funny.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #111 on: 27 Dec 2006, 19:34 »

Somehow, inexplicably, years ago I found Nuklear Power.  It led me to Something Positive, which led me to Queen of Wands (which I still miss, what a great comic).

Currently I only read Girl Genius and QC regularly.  I visit Something Positive and Dr. McNinja on occasion though.

DangerouslyRandom

« Reply #112 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:28 »

Photo webcomic: www.nukelandcinema.com , most definately. For all your gaming and nerd needs, rofl
Story line: QC. It just feels good to laugh at things five days a week.

I use to read TKT, and 8-but theatre, but I've just suddenly stopped.
I love how the art is done for QC though (seriously.)

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #113 on: 29 Dec 2006, 06:15 »

cyanide and happiness...i think i remember reading that.

but seriously, explosm is better.

it has the ads from google on it, and most of them are "how to make cyanide" and "killing yourself" ads for sites.

quite disturbing. adds to the awesomeness of the comic...sometimes.

NiMRoD420

« Reply #114 on: 29 Dec 2006, 09:05 »

All I read is:

Something Positive (owns for pure cynicism)
Overcompensating (owns for pure random awesomeality)
QC (owns for cultural references and characters that fit nicely inside my personal realm)
Ctrl-Alt-Del (to satisfy my inner dweebengeek)
Toothepaste For Dinner (haha!)
Cyanide and Happiness (hahaha!)

and sometimes VG Cats.

DangerouslyRandom

« Reply #115 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:48 »

cyanide and happiness...i think i remember reading that.

but seriously, explosm is better.

it has the ads from google on it, and most of them are "how to make cyanide" and "killing yourself" ads for sites.

quite disturbing. adds to the awesomeness of the comic...sometimes.

Once on the bottom on QC I saw this ad that read: "Likeable Sociopath?" I took a screenie of it, but sadly it disappeared.

*goes back on topic*

I also used to read Altermeta, and Multiplex, and Order of the Stick, but, for some strange reason, I stopped those too.

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #116 on: 13 Jan 2007, 21:47 »

there are three webcomics that I enjoy

QC (durr)
CAD
and Cyanide and Happiness (really odd, cause I usually prefer a bit of story... random stuff doesn't always hook me.)

of course, i haven't seen very many webcomics (the only other webcomic I can name off the top of my head would be Sinfest)
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

8ilbo

« Reply #117 on: 14 Jan 2007, 05:11 »

If I had to pick a favourite it would by bunny (frozenreality.co.uk) - single frame comics are always good, and this one delivers intelectual, well drawn, sweet, etc etc comics.

Nettle

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #118 on: 17 Jan 2007, 14:10 »

I like a lot of them, but, other than QC, I really love Friendly Hostility. It's well drawn, has loveable characters and great plots, and I'm  highly jealous of her character creation skills.
www.notebookinhand.com -Forum for creative people.

www.maidmarianandhermerrymen.co.uk - Remember Maid Marian And Her Merry Men? Join the fanforum!
http://fluffybricks.blogspot.com You might not believe your eyes!

sk8brder40

« Reply #119 on: 18 Jan 2007, 04:53 »

Honestly, my favorite comic changes all the time. My two favorites at the moment are QC and Yami No Tainai (http://ynt.pensandtales.com).
I like QC because it's funny, very nice looking, original, and it has great stories and characters that I can relate to in some ways.
Yami No Tainai... I don't know really. I love the whole idea of it, the stories, the art, and I guess I'm just really into things that are just not possible or plausible.

Oh, and I'm really into just random, funny comics like CAD, Press Start To Play, VG Cats, Emergency Exit, Staccato, etc. Whoa, I just realized as I typed that those are all mostly gaming comics, haha.

the_shankmaster

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Sweet Niblets
« Reply #120 on: 18 Jan 2007, 13:15 »

Rob and Elliot
Niego
Thinkin' Lincoln
Frank the Comic
-I thought you said you put the "tennis" in "Tennessee!"
-I guess I kind of left it there.

Sporky

« Reply #121 on: 20 Jan 2007, 06:48 »

Right. Well.

BOB THE ANGRY FLOWER.

I mean, come ON. Nobody mentioned that? You GUYS! SERIOUSLY!

Technically it's not really a webcomic, as it IS available in print, but I have never laughed so much in my life as wehn I first read through all the archives. Sometimes it's strange and sometimes the jokes don't even have real punchlines, but when they do, they're hilarious. And there's just so much strange and far-out SHIT that after a while you start to get giddy and laugh even when there is no punchline at all.

Second is probably Girly. I mean- Dghfksfhk- drghsck- bhmskbvhchk-... IT'S GIRLY!

Aaaaand, while we're at it, some of my other favorites are:

QC (duh)
Checkerboard Nightmare (after it stopped, then when it started up again until it suddenly halted)
Starslip Crisis (but I don't want to catch up with it now after so long not reading it)
Melonpool! (even though it hasn't had a real update in ages)
Count Your Sheep (cute and clever, with some real emotional stuff too)

There's a couple others, but I've either lost interest completely or they stopped updating so long ago that I don't give a shit anymore.

Also, I also used to love It's Walky!, but I came into it at the wrong time, because now it's just a lame gag strip that you have to PAY for even. It's completely past its prime and tired out now. Like Garfield. But definitely much better than Garfield. But still... it's kind of sad.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #122 on: 23 Jan 2007, 13:19 »

Khar, I agree with you on just about everything you've said about Scary Go Round, I think it has some of the most sublime situational humour and the way he manages to hold continuity through all of the various threads and characters is mad genius. I'd say SGR is my favourite webcomic simply because of it's consistency over the entire archive, with Achewood and Overcompensating coming in equal second.

I'm fairly new to most of the Dumbrella comics, (I read Diesel Sweeties, SGR, OC and I've just finished the Wigu archive) and I still haven't attempted Goats yet (when I read a comic I have to read the entire archive) but I'd have to say they're my favourites, along with QC and qwantz.

I also read Alien Loves Predator, SMBC, Perry Bible Fellowhip (occasionally) and Toothpaste For Dinner (occasionally)

I don't think anyone in here has mentioned Thinkin Lincoln and as far as I'm concerned it's criminally underrated, as I don't know anyone else that reads it.

Also, I was considering stopping reading CAD and after that post about all the shit he did, it's been sealed.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ekmesnz

• Emoticontraindication
  • Sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright.
« Reply #123 on: 30 Jan 2007, 21:07 »

1. A Lesson Is Learned but the Damage Is Irreversible
2. Sam and Fuzzy
3. Able and Baker

Biggest loss in webcomicdom to date is the indefinite hiatus of ALILBTDII.

Locke

« Reply #124 on: 31 Jan 2007, 00:21 »

For storyline/character comics, I go for Something Positive, followed by QC.  I just like the more realistic aspects of S*P, plus the added vulgarity.

For gag comics, Penny Arcade in a three way tie with Perry Bible Fellowship and xkcd.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #125 on: 01 Feb 2007, 05:42 »

Achewood is not only my favorite webcomic, it is my favorite comic strip period, in any media.  Chris Onstad's level of writing is far and beyond what a lot of comics even hope to achieve, and it's amazing just how thoroughly pretty much every character's personality is fleshed out (especially the ones who have blogs).  The crude black and white artwork fits the atmosphere of the strip, and although his drawing skills are somewhat unrefined, Chris can still visually communicate the mood of a scene very effectively.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

halley

« Reply #126 on: 02 Feb 2007, 16:59 »

Christ... I read so many. but here are a couple that come to mind

Penny Arcade (I just bought their new book)
Questionable Content (duh)
Cat and Girl (other people don't get it, so it makes me feel smart)
Stuff Sucks (I just bought Liz's iPod skin, and am loving it)
Nothing Nice to Say (I wish it updated more :()
Beaver and Steve (I did a guest comic for him :D)
Diesel Sweeties (Always clever and sweet t-shirts to boot)

so yeah, I guess that's it

YAY!!

ekmesnz

• Emoticontraindication
  • Sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright.
« Reply #127 on: 04 Feb 2007, 20:09 »

I do not mean to hate on other webcomics, but I cannot stomach Achewood. Seriously, it's challenging to even finish one strip. This could be because of the art, since everyone goes on about the writing... I dunno.

Triskelivus

« Reply #128 on: 05 Feb 2007, 09:42 »

Well, I've got a tie goin' here for webcomics. Bunny and QC.

I like Bunny the most for it's randomness, funny drawings, and craziness.

QC's plot, character development, and artistic design are spectacular.

Then again, if Calvin & Hobbes was a webcomic, it would take number one. I'm so glad I got that complete book collection. The Giant one. It's only flaw is it's weight.

A Shitty Person

« Reply #129 on: 07 Feb 2007, 13:34 »

Achewood by a longshot. Onstad's writing is absolutely brilliant, and the depth added to the characters via their blogs, Beef's zine, Nice Pete's books etc just makes it that much better.

SloppyJaloppy

« Reply #130 on: 08 Feb 2007, 11:43 »

I have several favorites.

Old School- Mall Monkeys. Was definately my favorite of all time, it was sad to see it die.

New Favorite- Least I Could Do www.leasticoulddo.com
It's just good fun. I've been reading it since it's start, and
it's just been wonderful all the way through.

Butternut Squash www.butternutsqaush.net
Would be my top favorite, but with infrequent updates it
seems lacking. I love the art style, and it's often hilarious.

and

Dr McNinja www.drmcninja.com
Good god does this comic make me laugh/smile.

Random_Grenade

« Reply #131 on: 08 Feb 2007, 12:48 »

My favorite Web Comic would have to be

QC (of course)

Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman - I wish they would add more to this comic it the funniest thing EVER

Rob and Elliot - pretty funny, somtimes quite random

Under Power - just started to read this, funny as fuck

the_shankmaster

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Sweet Niblets
« Reply #132 on: 13 Feb 2007, 01:33 »

Then again, if Calvin & Hobbes was a webcomic, it would take number one. I'm so glad I got that complete book collection. The Giant one. It's only flaw is it's weight.

One of my roommates last year bought that for my other roommate.  It was indeed quite heavy. 

Which is too bad, otherwise I could have snuck it out in my backpack when no one was looking.
-I thought you said you put the "tennis" in "Tennessee!"
-I guess I kind of left it there.

MasterInquisitor

« Reply #133 on: 15 Feb 2007, 12:49 »

In order of intoduction:

Megatokyo
I was introduced to this in Year 10 (aged 14/15), and loved it. When Rodney Caston (Largo) was part of it, the humout and the 1337 did kick ass, and was so hilarious (am I a geek for admitting that I can understand 1337 5p33|<?) Anyway, the drawings, no matter how much they have changed over time still kick ass, and have been the inspiration for me to draw my own manga etc. I have printed Vols 1-3 (hoping to get 4 soon), and I love how the story has developed from slapstick humour to having a really good storyline (though I hope that Ed, Dom and Junpei show up more soon).

Applegeeks
This I linked through from MT, and I started reading it not too long before AG Lite came in, and then they updated it into v3.0 (apologies for other posts, I've been saying v2.0). Again, love the colouring (NB colour with a "u" people!) and detail, although MT has that really nice original sketchy quality to it, AG has that slightly more professional touch. :) Lite always makes me giggle, and there are (sadly) quite a few strips that remind me a lot of my Mac obsessed friend Sam (the booting windows on a mac one is quite true).

Questionable Content
Ah yes. The Diamond in the Rough. I have actually learnt a lot about comebacks and sass from QC, which has suprised my incredibly Faye-like friend Fran. Though I wasn;t a fan of the drawing style in the beginning, I love the newer stuff (cept for the loss of eye colours) and if I had shorter hair, I would probably end up copying Ravens' styles (though not with Astro Glide). I love the idea that it is set in a totally alternate reality, with robots and stuff (I would adore to have an anthro PC, in orange or purple hehe. I'd call it Albert I think), and the fact that I have heard of those bands! I'm guessing the indie/psych/glitch scene is bigger in America than over here...

Ornery Boy
Enie (my sis) introduced me to this. Full of hatred and zombies (and where I got my avatar from). Interesting, yet original. The only downside I can think of is that the authour takes forever to update.

Explosm Comics
Wrong wrong and wrong. But in a sadistic humourous way, i.e. "bulimia - twice the taste, none of the calories". But these last two are just comics I look at every now and then...the first three are the ones that I follow (almost relgiously).

Speaking of religion, and this is probably going to lead to me being shot, flamed and sued all in one, but I was watching an episode of Top Gear yesterday. I leant that you should not drive though Bagdad in Alabama with "I'm bi" or "Jesus loves gay men" down the side of a pick up truck (I linked that through my mention of religous followings of comics above, if you don't see how I got there).

My apologies to anyone who is from the Deep South, or is rather religious...but I wanted to say that neways.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #134 on: 17 Feb 2007, 15:54 »

I've recently become addicted to F.A.R.T.S (Factual Authentic Real True Stories)

It's based on funny, true stories that happened to the creator and her friends.
Dorky humor and plenty of fart jokes. :-D
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Arsis

« Reply #135 on: 27 Feb 2007, 18:01 »

There are three tied for my favorite: Something Positive, Dominic Deegan and Questionable content.

Something positive and qc are just hysterical with good story and amazing characters and Dominic Deegan has an awesomeness you can not put into words.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2007, 18:05 by Arsis »

Gimme a Dollar

« Reply #136 on: 13 Mar 2007, 14:19 »

I'd have to say Megatokyo, for the Manga feel.

and also Dr. McNinja, because who can beat a ninja.

EMM386

« Reply #137 on: 16 Mar 2007, 19:59 »

Well, obviously QC would be up there, but I also like Apple Geeks, Penny Arcade, Evil Inc., Something Positive, PVP and Least I Could Do in no particular order

tomandethan

« Reply #138 on: 17 Mar 2007, 12:23 »

Well i must say that my favorite web comic has to be ctrl alt delet
its briliant.
The first online comic i have ever read was pvp online thats quite kool.

-Tom.

idiotboy

« Reply #139 on: 18 Mar 2007, 18:31 »

I read way too many comics to claim a favorite, but I love QC, Scary Go Round, Diesel Sweeties, Girly, Crap I Drew on My Lunch Break, Girl Genius, El Goonish Shive, College Roomies From Hell, Anti-hero for hire and more every day.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #140 on: 19 Mar 2007, 04:24 »

QC is the only comic I try to read daily, aside from Sinfest which I get fed to me via LiveJournal.

Every week or so I catch up on Schlock Mercenary, PBF, 8-Bit Theater, and Penny Arcade, and check to see if Loserz is updating again yet.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

Peter Harris

« Reply #141 on: 20 Mar 2007, 11:23 »

Other than my comic?  (Of course my comic is one of my favorites - it's mine.)  I'd have to say Rob and Elliot.  It regularly gets me with its funny.  I mean, it's just that good.  Unfortunately, it rarely updates.  The same feelings can be said for PBF.

QC is like that girl with the curl in her hair - when it's good, it's really good.  About once a week it makes me laugh out loud, and that is worth coming back every day.

I used to be really into RealLife and Ctrl-Alt-Del, but they've both just kind of slipped down the list, as I feel my maturity has slowly outstripped their comics.  I think I just demand more for my time now, in terms of humor and character development.

Penny-Arcade is just getting better and better, but my knowledge of videogames is waning, so it becomes less pertinent.  It was like when I went to go see Margaret Cho - she was funny, but I'm neither a woman, gay, nor Asian, so 90% of her jokes had nothing to do with me.

PvPOnline was my favorite for a long time, but I think it's getting less funny as Kurtz spreads himself out over more and more projects.

The comics I read every regularly are QC, PA, PvP, Stuff Sucks, Dinosaur Comics, and of course, mine.

Uncle Fisty

« Reply #142 on: 22 Mar 2007, 22:38 »

I kind of surprised no one has said and/or heard of www.bobandgeorge.com.  I know its a megaman sprite comic, and there are a lot of those, but I like it, and its the first one I've read.  And its been around for 7 years now, he's got to be doing something right.  Plus, some of the fancomics are pretty amusing.

I still read CAD, it gets a chuckle now and then.

And of course, QC.  Those are my top three.

Other than that, I check out XKCD and bunny pretty regularly.  Girl Genious occasionally.

snipe44

« Reply #143 on: 22 Mar 2007, 23:30 »

Uncle Fisty

« Reply #144 on: 23 Mar 2007, 16:55 »

Ok, I just read all about Tim Buckley, and I don't think I'll be going back to CAD any more.  However, the hockey zombie forum is hilarious!

IndieRocker

« Reply #145 on: 29 Mar 2007, 12:58 »

I like WoT Now?.... it is a nerdy wheel of time related webcomic... altho, i dont like it as much as QC, cuz QC is one continuing story but also, i like Anything funny....  gotta see THIS

http://questionablecontent.net/veiw.php?comic=1

and

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=800

Like OMG!!! wow, look at the difference

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #146 on: 02 Apr 2007, 04:58 »

I think everyone places QC as #2 so they don't seem like suck-ups. It's my first choice, and the only comic I have to read every day. Second on that list is Schlock Mercenary. Been reading that since his art was craptastic (God, look at those earlier strips!). The rest here are in no particular order:

I like Penny Arcade of course, but sometimes I prefer the newsposts more than the comic itself, like when Tycho was in Europe. Order of the Stick; also very good, as is Turn Signals on a Land Raider. Are there any other WH40k comics currently updating regularly? Woo, then there's the dumbrella comics, like Goats (preferred it when it was random silly, but it's still good), Overcompensating (webcest, anyone?), and Diesel Sweeties. I also like the Blank Label Comics, like Schlock of which I've mentioned above, or Shortpacked, Wapsi Square (of which can sometimes be stranger than it needs to be), and Ugly Hill.

I read a lot of webcomics; can you tell? I'd be here all day if I were to list 'em all.

rabidcentipede

• Not quite a lurker
  • o.o
    • RabidCentipede
« Reply #147 on: 19 Jun 2007, 19:28 »

xkcd - sometimes mildly funny, sometimes overwhelmingly more funny than anything else on the planet
Penny Arcade - amazingly funny. I love it.
QC - duh... the art has gotten pretty good, and the characters are much better than many other strips
Planet Zebeth - doubt anyone else has heard of it, a pretty decent Metroid sprite comic that is actually funny and well put together

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #148 on: 04 Jul 2007, 22:07 »

1. Achewood- No better comic on the net.  Period.  There is no superior.
2. Penny Arcade- As Khar said, remarkably consistent. 
3. Perry Bible Fellowship- Oh goodness, I'm tired of making comments.

I have to admit that I read QC out of habit since I come to these forums a lot.  However, I really don't like it.  We are creatures of habit.

Worst comic on the face of the earth- Ctrl Alt Del
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2007, 22:12 by Flaming Ostrich »
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

Felix_

« Reply #149 on: 06 Jul 2007, 03:56 »

• Sinfest - for sharp sex/politics/religion humor condensed in three panels

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up