THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Cartoon/Anime as a Live Action movie?  (Read 25370 times)

Electric Monk

A Cartoon/Anime as a Live Action movie?
« Reply #50 on: 10 Aug 2006, 21:56 »

Quote from: Rather Confused
Quote from: Electric Monk
Quote from: hey_there_fatty
FLCL would work brilliantly if it were done correctly. A good way to shoot it would be putting heavy emphasis on colors.

I imagine it as if you were to dump Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Kung Fu Hustle into a blender and then set it on fire.

I haven't seen any of them, so maybe thats why. but I cannot comprehend how someone could possibly make a good FLCL live-action.

You sir, need to go out and see some films.

LeeZion

• Larger than most fish
More suggestions
« Reply #51 on: 15 Aug 2006, 15:50 »

Quote from: Lise
Quote from: LeeZion
"Voices of a Distant Star"

A great 30-minute sci-fi romance drama from Makoto Shinkai that could easily be expanded into a feature-length film. For it to work, however, you'd have to get Shinkai to sign off on it.

I can't imagine him selling the rights to it, only to have little to no control over the film process. The Japanese are pretty damn picky when it comes to their own works. If I remember correctly, Shinkai directed, wrote, did his own CG work, and even voice acted the main character himself. That's a lot of pressure for one man, right?

Well, that's the point. The only way to do "Voices" is to put him on quality control, making sure that the version that gets made is one he'd be proud of.

On another note, I just bought the Giant Robo boxed set. Now that would be cool to see done in live-action. Actually, Giant Robo was originally live-action before it became anime, so the movie version I had in mind wouldn't be cheap-ass guy in a suit held up by visible wires as he "flies" over a toy city. No, if they could make Giant Robo as a spectacle that outdoes the visuals of the anime, while also expanding on the characters and showing more of the quiet moments between them, THAT would be something.

The hardest character to cast would be Ginrei. The woman would have to be sweet, sexy, kind, intelligent and lethal all at once.

Interestingly, I love Giant Robo, and I love Makoto Shinkai's work. But I love them for very different reasons. Shinkai's stuff ("Voices," "The Place Promised in Our Early Days") is subtle, quiet drama with very real characters. Giant Robo is WAY over the top, flashy, action-packed with larger-than-life chararacters.
"If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me." (Genesis 47:29 KJV)

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
A Cartoon/Anime as a Live Action movie?
« Reply #52 on: 15 Aug 2006, 16:38 »

Quote from: Switchblade
Rumblings from teh intarwubs suggest that a Neon Genesis Evangelion live-action film is in pre-production even as we speak.

I have no link, sadly. this is coming off random idle chatter with one of my mates.

I have read about this and after finally seeing the entire series and movie, I truly could not be more put off. I think there are certian things that should only be animated and Evangelion is one of those things.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
Re: My faves...
« Reply #53 on: 15 Aug 2006, 21:38 »

A few years ago, there was a huge announcement that Neon Genesis Evangelion would be remade as a live-action feature. A press release on that very subject was released jointly by ADV, Gainax and Weta, which did the special effects for the Lord of the Rings movies.

ADV even released some conceptual drawings for the upcoming NGE film. But nothing came of it other than the announcement.

The problem is that WETA is doing the effects, and currently, they're working on the Halo movie. This means they can't hire any actors, because they'll age too much by the time Weta is ready to do the effects. So its stuck in pre-preproduction hell. Also, 3 "A" list directors want in on this movie, and I believe each has at least a few movies in they're queues before they could direct this. Also, I've heard rumors of a fucking huge budget. Like 100 million. Which seems like to much, but even half that would be enough to make a good movie.

Quote from: neomang5
Live-Action EVA.

Robin Williams is interested in it. I have zero faith in it now.

This is because he is a gamer and loves anime, especially NGE. One hour photo even had a refrence to it that was put in because he asked for it. Him being interested is just because he's a huge fan.
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up