THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i'm trying to make marten in 3d, may i have some criticism ?  (Read 3026 times)

timmy

so yeah, it's not quite a drawing, and i'm not sure what forum this was supposed to go into.

i'm trying to get some recreational 3d modeling stuff done other than stuff that i have to do for school, so i figured i'd try to make members of the qc gang. i started wth marten- here is his head, sans hair and ears.

if anyone wants to let me know what they think of his proportions and shape and whatever else, i'm all ears. i'm terrible at judging these things, plus i'm trying to model him without a cross-section [i'd draw one myself, except i don't know how to draw], so i don't exactly know what he's really supposed to be shaped like.

i'll update the thread as i make progress with the model. the hair will probably take me a really, really long time, because i don't know how to model/render hair.

so, please, criticize away if you'd like. it helps. a lot.

http://web.njit.edu/~tr4/qc3d/qc-3dmarten-early.jpg

edit - 5:43am

i figured out something for hair...

http://web.njit.edu/~tr4/qc3d/qc-3dmarten-hair.jpg

edit 2 - 6:12am

...holy crap he doesn't have ears. i need sleep.

logan

i'm trying to make marten in 3d, may i have some criticism ?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2006, 14:52 »

Not half bad. The eyes look a little weird with the cuts in the blue, though. And I'm pretty sure eyebrows are supposed to taper on the outside, not the inside. Nice work, otherwise.

Which program are you using? It looks kind of like Blender.

timmy

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2006, 17:27 »

yep it's blender.

from the comics, it looks like marten's taper inward, but i'll flop it around and post what it looks like.

and yeah, i should probably put a proper texture on the eyes.

logosmonkey

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2006, 18:09 »

I would pull the tip of his nose in a little and define the bridge more... on his eyebrows... they do sort of look that way in a lot of strips.. though a lot of times they look like they don't taper at all... so it's a toss up

logan

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2006, 22:00 »

Huh, they do sorta taper in. I've never really noticed that. You learn something new every day.

timmy

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2006, 23:20 »

new screens of an almost finished marten coming sooooon... i swear

so once i'm done with marten, what should i animate him doing?

and should i make a pintsize?

if so, does anyone want to volunteer to draw me a cross section of pint size *wink wink* ?

mrtuesday42

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2006, 17:01 »

for pintsize...someone has done one and posted pics somewhere i think u can find the author on the wallpaper place cuz there is a 3d wallpaper...try that i guess...
Pages: [1]   Go Up