THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 00:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six-String Samurai  (Read 3996 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Six-String Samurai
« on: 28 Sep 2006, 16:28 »

i have finally seen true greatness, and it is this movie. if you havent seen this you must see it as soon as possible. i found it while scrolling through free movies On Demand last night and it is freaking amazing. seriously.

i feel like i have a purpose in life again, having seen this movie. it's that good.

(note: the acting is pretty terrible but if it had serious actors in it actually trying to act it wouldnt be nearly as good.)
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Six-String Samurai
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2006, 16:57 »

is it your basic samurai film or does it have something special thrown in to make it truly outstanding?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2006, 17:10 »

let me try to summarize what the On Demand summary said.

in 1957 (or so) communist russia successfully invades america. the last bastion of resistance and freedom is the fortress city of Las Vegas. the rebellion is ruled by The King, of course (elvis, i'm assuming) but he dies or something so sword-wielding guitar players from all around are battling their way to Las Vegas to become the new king. so the main character (i think his name is Buddy) has to fight bounty hunters, rival "samurai" and even Death, himself to become the new King.

the fight scenes are actually well done. i think they sacrificed acting talent to get people who can actually sort of fight with swords/martial arts etc.

anyway, it is freaking awesome.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Patatat

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2006, 23:36 »

Was it on HBO, or Encore?

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2006, 02:09 »

You've seen it to?  Yeah, the main character is supposed to be Buddy Holly.  Yes, the acting is horrible and it's pretty campy but it's still pretty awesome.  Death is supposedly a reference to metal. 
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2006, 10:53 »

it was under "free movies" On Demand.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2006, 11:57 »

I still wish I had comcast just to see this movie, sadly WOW is cheaper for me

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2006, 13:03 »

yeah i wish had some of that fancy television junk so i could watch this movie every day. but alas, i have basic cable.*

*not a huge loss. for the most part, i dont watch tv.

Evilbunny

« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2006, 14:13 »

YES!!  I finally stopped lurking around here and actually signed up because I had to respond to this:

Six String Samurai is one of the coolest B-movies ever!  We have a DVD of it plus the sountrack (Red Elvises kick ass!), and my friends and I could quote nearly as many lines in it as we do in Princess Bride, Rocky Horror and Army of Darkness combined...extremely campy, and positively perfect in every way! 

Favorite line:  "THIS IS DEATH!!!    ...   ...   ...HELLO?"

Ok, I'm done raving now.  Carry on.   :-D

Patatat

« Reply #9 on: 04 Oct 2006, 02:32 »

The ending kind of sucked.

"If I were you I'd run."

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #10 on: 07 Oct 2006, 20:44 »

"I am Death!"
"Cool."

so much fucking love for this movie, all of my friends think I'm a loser for enjoying it.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up