THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 15:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Runway  (Read 13257 times)

Maui

Project Runway
« on: 20 Aug 2006, 00:54 »

Shut up, you know you all watch it.  This show is totally crack in tv form.

Thoughts?

mookers

Project Runway
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2006, 01:15 »

this is one of my favorite shows. i haven't been following this season very closely, but i'm disappointed that the one guy was dropped for a technicality. i feel like they should have scripted his death or something.

Maui

Project Runway
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2006, 01:29 »

yeah, he had pattern books or something. Kinda crazy.

I'm completely enthralled by Vincent, he is just sooooo sooo random.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
Project Runway
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2006, 01:45 »

I watched about 10 minutes of one shows and hated it. Yeah...
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

raconteur_extraordinaire

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Project Runway
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2006, 15:27 »

Yeah, Project Runway is pretty awesome.  I'm pretty much rooting for either Michael or Kayne this season, though I think I'd be okay with either Angela or Jeffrey winning.  I definitely am not a fan of either Laura or Vincent, they both just rub me exactly the wrong way for some reason.  Laura because she seems needlessly bitchy and Vincent just because, really, well, I don't actually have a reason, I just don't like his designs.  Oh, and what was up with him ogin on about how his trash dress turned him on during the last challenge, talk about gross. *bleh*
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Voltaire

mookers

Project Runway
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2006, 15:33 »

you need to fix your avatar.

raconteur_extraordinaire

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Project Runway
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2006, 15:44 »

working on it
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Voltaire

mberan42

• Fry... You're my friend...
Project Runway
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2006, 08:29 »

I'm disappointed that Bradley lost last week. (Or two weeks ago, whatever.) I liked that guy. He seemed constantly stoned and had no idea about anything...

I'm banking on Michael or Kayne to win, as well.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Garcin

Project Runway
« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2006, 11:37 »

I think Michael definitely has a shot at the final three, but I'm not sure if he's going to win.  I am calling Uli/Laura, Michael, Jeffrey in the final three.  Not because they are necessarily the most talented, but because that's the kind of set up the producers will want: 2 men, 1 woman.  Jeffrey fits the wildcard slot that was occupied by Jay and Santino in past seasons.  Michael has great consistency and workmanship.  Laura is turning into a bit of a Wendy so they are probably going to want to keep her on to generate a little drama -- not to mention the kid angle and the fact that her dresses, although they all tend to look the same, are well made.  Uli, I think, is probably the most promising designer on the show -- and I base this entirely on the dress she made in Ep. 3 which I found totally extraordinary -- like one of the best things on the show so far.

Can you tell I like the show?

Next three out: I'm definitely calling Vincent, Kayne, Angela probably in that order.  Kayne and Angela are going to be out not because they're not talented, but because they consistently make taste blunders.  Vincent is going to be out because he is freakishly erratic, and because he has been in the bottom three for 5 of the 6 eps this season.  For someone who supposedly had his own line, he consistenly fails to impress, and his nutty schtick (if it is a schtick) is wearing thin.

Thoughts?

flaunt

Project Runway
« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2006, 23:20 »

do not even get me started about this show.  i will never stop watching it and i hope it lasts till my death.

micheal is my favorite by far.  he's never made something ugly or displeasing.  i mean, come on.  a dress made of coffee filters?  he made it work!

i don't see how vincent or angela are still standing.  vincent should have been the first to go and he should have been out instead of alison.  i have to admit, the audrey hepborn dress that angela made was pretty cool, but you've gotta take into consideration how horrible everything else of hers was.

jeffrey's blue and yellow dress was fabulous.  i actually think he should have won that challenge.  however, he's such a butthole about everything.  he makes me wanna punch a baby.

laura and uli are both good.  i wouldn't be surprised if one of them made it to the top 3.  kayne...meh.  robert's gotta go.

oh yeah, tim gunn is awesome.

mberan42

Project Runway
« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2006, 19:27 »

Anyone else want to smack Angela and her mom right now?
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

practicality

Project Runway
« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2006, 13:37 »

I want to smack the judges for not giving the win to Uli.

Maui

Project Runway
« Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2006, 22:35 »

I am so sad because we only have basic cable at my house right now and i'm one channel off from having Bravo. Sooo i have to 'borrow' the episodes from people online, completely legal of course.... I just wouldnt be able to wait for the DVD, waiting a day or two after the episode is enough, geez.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Project Runway
« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2006, 00:40 »

project runway, more like project run away, mirite?

I'm sorry. is this show about like planes or something?
also israel

Maui

Project Runway
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2006, 10:55 »

Don't judge me!  *cries*

trouble.

Project Runway
« Reply #15 on: 26 Aug 2006, 10:24 »

I have to admit... it's pretty addictive.

Maui

Project Runway
« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2006, 19:37 »

The bonus video on bravo's website is pretty awesome (a bit hard to find though), there's one where a crew member imitates Vincent, love it.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Project Runway
« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2006, 19:48 »

Everytime you watch reality TV fairies and kittens and angels die of anthrax and AIDS.

You have been warned.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Garcin

Project Runway
« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2006, 20:07 »

Angela is out, Jeffrey is in, and all is right with the world.  Today's was the best yet.  Crack in TV form did you say?  This show makes crack look like sanka.  But don't knock it til you've tried it.

mberan42

Project Runway
« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2006, 09:21 »

Angela got kicked off this week? *Awesome.*

I no longer have cable, so I'm not able to watch it.

Garcin

Project Runway
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2006, 10:10 »

Seeing an uber-fashionable French designer say to Angela "Your clothes are ugly and you are not a jet-setter" was undoubtedly a highlight of my television watching experience to date.  Her Audrey Hepburn black outfit was gorgeous, but her "innocent, naive hayseed" act was really getting on my nerves.

My updated predictions:

Final three: Laura, Michael, Jeffrey.  Of those I give Michael 50/100 odds to win; Laura, 30:100; Jeffrey, 20:100.

Next out in order: Kayne, Vincent, Uli.  You can see that the judges are gunning for Uli now.  She's made similar dress for almost every competition, switching prints each time.  I think she'll last to the end, but its clear that she lacks versatility in the judges eyes.  I still think that her dresses have been among the most beautiful in the competition so far, though, and some of the few that I could actually imagine buying for a lady in my life.

mberan42

Project Runway
« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2006, 15:07 »

I agree with your predictions, although it's Vincent, not Steven. Your order, however, I might question. There are so many possibilities - Kayne is boring, Uli is repetitive, and Vincent is *all* over the board.

Was this week's challenge to design something for yourself? Are these the outfits they designed?

So if Vincent does something outrageous again next week, (like his recyclable piece of shit), he's gone, no matter what. But if he's more moderate, (like his picture in the link above) then he'll stay, 'cause he makes for good television. (Although that design is fucking boooooring. But if he's good, like last week when he designed the dress for Uli's mom, he'll definitely stay.)

If Kayne is boring, like last week, and Vincent isn't terrible, he's gone. Kayne provides nothing to watching the show - no drama, no fantastic designs... He's like Robert - just another gay guy designing boring clothing - I'm not interested in that.

Uli is a good designer and a great seamstress, but very one-track with her prints. Other than episode 6, (recycled stuff), 4 (teams of 3), and 2 (teams of 2), she's used wacky printed fabrics. She needs to expand her range.

So my predictions on the next 3 getting Auf'd: (sorry...)
Vincent, Kayne, Uli - If Vincent makes a piece of shit again.
Kayne, Uli, Vincent - If Vincent makes decent stuff.
Kayne, Vincent, Uli - If Kayne is really boring.

I can honestly see Michael winning it all. He has the foresight, he's a great constructor, he's practical and forward thinking, and he just does great fucking work.

Laura is great, but she's too stuck up in her design. (Her last dress (she looks like Geena Davis in that) Cruise dress, peanut sack thing, etc...)

Jeffrey is this season's Santino - decent designer, provides nothing but good television.

So that's my take on it... I'd write more, but I gotta go catch a train in 20 minutes.

Cheers!

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
Project Runway
« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2006, 17:47 »

oh man i was at the boy's about 2 weeks ago and stumble across about 8 hours straight of this show, and i am totally addicted but haven't seen it since. (the boy is not amused.) we just got at new tv that can go past channel 36, so i'm gonna have to find it again..

i agree with the predictions.. i was really disappointed when.. the blonde chick.. allison? got kicked off instead of vincent on the recycled dresses. didn't see angela get kicked out but hoorya for that. stupid repetitive designs..

*heads off to download some very legal episodes*
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Project Runway
« Reply #23 on: 03 Sep 2006, 18:25 »

Man I want Vincent to not only get kicked off, but to then be punched repeatedly in the face.

I just don't like him. At all.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Alarra

Project Runway
« Reply #24 on: 03 Sep 2006, 19:10 »

Yay you have a project runway topic here! All is right in the world!

I am sooooooooo glad that Angela got kicked off. Rosettes are not fashionable! I'm sorry!

I'm curious, do you know if they'll be bringing over Michael Kors and Nina Garcia over to France too?

My final 3 predictions? similar to everyone else's Michael and Laura.....I'd hope Uli, but she is kinda repetitive...so...Jeffery then. I didn't like his 'rock star' outfit though. I do like that in this season everyone has a really distinctive style. I think that Michael clearly has the best chance, he's great at construction and really puts a lot of thought into his outfits, and unlike Laura, his designs aren't stuffy.

Do any of you listen to Tim's podcasts? they're hilarious.

cakeandsoda!!

Project Runway
« Reply #25 on: 03 Sep 2006, 19:54 »

i'm rooting for uli! she is awesome and sweet and loves dogs! but i mean, otherwise, i'm all for michael too, and maybe laura, because MILFs are hot too.

jeffrey is a super WANG. i mean, angela gets pretty annoying sometimes, but the way he was just insulting her mom right in front of her and stuff!! rrr.

yes, this show is gross and addictive. i don't have cable, so i just watch a few episodes from time to time on youtube. i want to marry tim gunn!

2nd season is still the best, so far.

Alarra

Project Runway
« Reply #26 on: 03 Sep 2006, 20:26 »

While I will admit that season 2 was good.....Season 1 had Jay, and there's no competing with Jay.

Garcin

Project Runway
« Reply #27 on: 03 Sep 2006, 23:34 »

Forget Angela's rosettes -- what about Angela's BUM rosettes?  Seeing a haughty Frenchwoman destroy her utterly was incredibly satisfying.

Must check out these Tim podcasts I keep hearing about.  Basically, 20 years in the future, Tim is president of the world.

mberan42

Project Runway
« Reply #28 on: 07 Sep 2006, 09:02 »

Ok, so who can update me on what happened last night?

thepugs

Project Runway
« Reply #29 on: 13 Sep 2006, 19:22 »

I saw an episode because my girlfriend made me watch it.
I hope the black guy or the guy with a tattoo on his neck wins.
Everyone else is ghey.

gargoylekitty

Project Runway
« Reply #30 on: 20 Sep 2006, 13:44 »

First season= good stuffs sans, second season=didn't watch it after 4 episodes, this season=kind of like it. Think Micheal's a sure to win. Very glad to see Angela/Vincent/Kayne go those past few episodes...

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: Project Runway
« Reply #31 on: 27 Sep 2006, 20:26 »

They didn't kick anyone off. What a fucking copout. I was hoping Jeffrey and his hideous blue shoes were out.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

gargoylekitty

« Reply #32 on: 28 Sep 2006, 20:02 »

*knods* That was a waste of an episode...  :x

Alarra

« Reply #33 on: 29 Sep 2006, 09:53 »

They didn't kick anyone out? They can do that?

*mutters and goes off to watch it*

Maui

« Reply #34 on: 02 Oct 2006, 22:13 »

haha, that outfit Angela designed for the INC challenge where she was all "inspired by the Empire State Building" is ON SALE. In the past, the outfits from PR that get sold in stores have sold out within a day, this cracks me up.  http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=213742&CategoryID=8452

Also, wtf? with the no booting anyone last week! What a waste of an hour, geeeeez.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #35 on: 03 Oct 2006, 13:16 »

And this week is just a reunion show...meh. I don't even think I'll watch it, there's baseball to be had!

gargoylekitty

« Reply #36 on: 04 Oct 2006, 19:17 »

I loathe the "reunion" episodes...
*sigh* Another week til' the finale, my money's still on Micheal.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #37 on: 04 Oct 2006, 20:30 »

You have to admit the bit with Vincent freaking out over his laundry was hilarious, though.

gargoylekitty

« Reply #38 on: 04 Oct 2006, 20:52 »

You have to admit the bit with Vincent freaking out over his laundry was hilarious, though.

I'll admit it if you admit that it was amusing to see the overly used expressions part.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #39 on: 05 Oct 2006, 13:18 »

It turned me on.  :-P

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #40 on: 13 Oct 2006, 15:03 »

lol Jeffrey might get disqualified, HILARIOUS.

That said, Uli's probably the underdog right now, but I liked some of her stuff.

gargoylekitty

« Reply #41 on: 13 Oct 2006, 21:28 »

He might get disqualified but he does show at Fashion Week...
    (i looked up the show and found all their collections)
My bet's on Uli now.

practicality

« Reply #42 on: 16 Oct 2006, 21:57 »

I'm pretty disappointed about Michael's... Which kills me, I loved almost all his work in the challenges, and he seems like a genuinely nice, good, decent human being.

Laura's is stunning- conservative, yes, but the work is amazing. If she keeps diversifying, she could have a great business.

Jeffery... I feel bad for him, after seeing his girlfriend and kid who's adorable.

I haven't really seen enough of Uli's to say what I think.

Also- Malan (eliminated on the Miss USA challenge) has a collection that showed at Fashion Week, you can see it on the Project Runway site.

Alarra

« Reply #43 on: 17 Oct 2006, 13:51 »

I love the white dress of Michael's. I'd totally wear that. But as for the rest....especially the shirt with the silver sparkles...I'm rather meh.
Uli's stuff is pretty nice, I like that one skirt with the bone clasp and the 'final dress' a fair bit.
I love everything Laura makes.
Jeffrey....I can't wait to see if he really cheated.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #44 on: 18 Oct 2006, 19:58 »

And apparently cheating doesn't mean shit anymore. Fuck that noise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up