THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 02:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any central index of web comics anywhere?  (Read 2824 times)

strangebear

I'm new to the whole webcomic thing ... I only discovered QC because of a post on a messageboard, and got into reading other webcomics thanks to the links on this site.
I've discovered DRUNK DUCK ... and that has a fairly massive amount of content on it, but does anyone know of anyother sites that list/rate/review webcomics with links?

Shishio

Is there any central index of web comics anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2006, 08:35 »

There is Online Comics and Choice Comics.  Neither is complete.  You might also want to look at the WCCA Site as well.  And following sites like Comixpedia, Fleen, and Websnark may introduce you to comics you'll like as well.

Justin

« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2006, 10:27 »

http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/ - their ranking system is a little whack, but it's still good.

logosmonkey

« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2006, 17:22 »

yeah thewebcomiclist.com is probably your best bet... onlinecomics.net is ok as well. There is certainly no defenitive source, as that would be virtually impossible but those two will get you reading. Oh and onlinecomics.net sorts stuff by most recently paid for adverts so sometimes the stuff at the top of categories aren't particularly grand, they've just bought a sponsor spot (hence why mine is near the top of the humor category =P).

--Steve

strangebear

« Reply #4 on: 03 Aug 2006, 02:33 »

Thanks for those ... I'll go and check them out.
I understand that no list can be definitive ... the internet is such a huge place and these things must be spawning and dying so fast that any listing becomes out of date the second the website creator hits the upload button for the latest listing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up