THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 17:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Criticize my drawings.  (Read 4160 times)

Jar of Black Chaos

Criticize my drawings.
« on: 28 Jul 2006, 11:44 »

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/6845/pic1ew2.jpg">

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9676/pic2lu1.jpg">

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1659/pic3il9.jpg">

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1757/pic4cr1.jpg">

Jar of Black Chaos

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2006, 16:30 »

Nobody? Come on, not even an "I like it"?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2006, 16:38 »

i like it.

i'd like to see more angles and poses etc. but i do like it.
i can see these drawings being turned into animations for a cellshaded rpg or something. the characters just kind of have that feel to me, ya know?
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Spinless

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2006, 18:34 »

They're good, but like war machine said, more angles. Keep it up, draw some dynamic poses, and I'll call you a skilled drawer.

mookers

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2006, 19:09 »

it's real good man, but like they said, more variation. i also noticed that your two men are the same person but with different facial hair. same thin bone structure and nose. was this intentional? draw a fat guy for us. with fat lips.

same between the two women. they all look great though.

TrueNeutral

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2006, 02:52 »

One small nitpick is that the positioning of the eyes is slightly off. Or it least, that's how it seems to me.

Try flipping them horizontally. That usually brings out the flaws in a drawing quite well.

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2006, 02:54 »

The first guy is excellent. Gotta love a mustache like that :)

Serene Cataclysm

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2006, 09:30 »

I'm so jealous of your drawing skills.  I'm too lazy to develop any of my own, though.  Kudos!

Alegis

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2006, 09:35 »

That is so awesome. Now I feel I have to train my sucky skills to reach that stage as well because it rocks

strangebear

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #9 on: 02 Aug 2006, 06:30 »

I like the style of your work, but a would like to have seen some variety. Angles (as other folks have noted) are all very similar. How about some long shots/medium shots to go with those head shots?
What about some inks as well ... I'm not a particular fan of pencil comics, though Megatokyo is an exception, pencil comics tend to look unfinished.

Lines

• Awakened
Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #10 on: 02 Aug 2006, 06:35 »

like everyone elsee is saying, more variety. different people, different poses, using more than just head shots. i would also use more shading and more variety in your line work (all your lines in the faces look to be about the same weight/thicness).
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #11 on: 02 Aug 2006, 17:55 »

I am impressed by most of this, but in some places certain things look a little off.  Like the size of the second girl's head in comparison to her shoulders for example.  The face looks great, but the body underneath it I am not so sure about.

Another thing I don't really like is the definition on the little shine bubbles in the eyes.  I like that they are there, but if you outlined them a little lighter they would blend in more with the rest of the eye rather than jumping right out.

Spinless

Criticize my drawings.
« Reply #12 on: 03 Aug 2006, 05:28 »

I noticed that too Est, but I assumed that was what he(she?) was aiming for. Try to picture a body to go with it. The first male shows that he's not exactly trying for realism, and I think messing with proportions for this style is pretty acceptable.
I want to see a person sitting on a chair reading a book. Without anime hair. Angle and perspective doesn't matter, because it's a hard pose no matter where you're standing.

Here's a tip for all drawereres.
Faces are the easiest thing you can draw. Work on them the least, and last. work poses as much as possible, keep details, especially facial details to a minimum. Once you can draw any pose you could possibly need without it looking akward, THEN you can draw your faces.

Rememember back centuries and centuries ago when paintings started appearing that were almost photorealistic? And they would have lots of detail on the face and the rest of the painting would look rushed and crappy? Because they used lenses to trace faces and then made up the rest.
If all you work on is portraits of people above the shoulders, anything you draw will look like that. I can't stand looking at a lot of old art because of really awkward poses and perspective.

What I'm trying to say is...

Don't build a body around a face. Make a face for a body.

So, chaos jar person, can you draw me a pretty lady sitting in a chair reading a book? please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up