THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 04:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshopped "Comics" from Comic-Con - Any feedbac  (Read 3641 times)

A-minus

I posted these PS'd photos in a blog as a series, but most of the feedback I got was of the "nice job" or witty comment variety, as one might expect in a blog, I guess.  So, seeing as their are many artistically-minded folken here, I thought I'd post a couple and ask what you think.  And if photo alterations don't count for this forum and this is misplaced, well, my apologies.  I'm new.
Here they are:

Stifled Dreams

Photoshopped "Comics" from Comic-Con - Any feedbac
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2006, 21:35 »

Don't use comic sans! Ever! You might like it, but it looks really... unprofessional? I think that is the correct word. Just, please use something else.

I like the art. I think you should try keeping the main part in sharp focus and blurring the rest; it seems like it would help achieve the effect you are going for (for the first one, I mean).

Yeah, looks cool, I like the style you've got going. Speech goes in a speech bubble, I think. In the second one, careful where the color goes - the yellow at the bottom seems distracting, etc.

Looking good! Hope I was somewhat helpful!

A-minus

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2006, 21:43 »

Very helpful!  Thank you for all the feedback.

Heh, I figured I might get some flack (flak?) for using comic sans, even with some small alterations to it.  I got a little lazy with the font while putting a lot more work elsewhere.  I'm probably going to go back and hand-draw the fonts, though, as (in my experience), a lot of people are particular about a lot of different fonts besides comic sans.  It seems rather mine-field-ish.

I tried to be a little different stylistically in each panel... there were some where I used a blurring effect like you described (sort of); on that first one I tried to make him stand out using color in the foreground and more effects/washout on the background.

strangebear

« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2006, 02:48 »

I really liked the panels, and I certainly want to read more!
I don't hate Comic Sans, but a quick visit to BLAMBOT.com will allow you to download lots of brilliant fonts for free!
Pages: [1]   Go Up