THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar Hero <3  (Read 35156 times)

Alchemist

Guitar Hero <3
« on: 26 Jul 2006, 07:14 »

So, yeah.   A friend of mine who works at EB borrowed it from his store and that's pretty much what I've been doing with my last few nights until 1am or so.  Jesus hell, is that thing addictive.  And, you know, Symphony Of Destruction, Ziggy Stardust and Bark At the Moon are included in the song lineup, so....w1n.  All over the place.  I can almost forgive them for including Stellar and Take It Off.

Make with the reviews, people.  What songs would you like to see included in the next installment?  Within reason, of course.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2006, 12:36 »

If there is no Iron Maiden song in the next game, then there is something seriously wrong. I'll forgive them for not having Led Zeppelin, because apparently getting those licenses is tough as balls. It would be awesome if they could get Black Dog though.

Overall, the song lineup for the next game looks pretty good. Rush, Sabbath, Primus are all damn good bands. Of course, they also have the Kiss song, but it could be worse.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Narr

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2006, 15:29 »

Supposedly, they were trying to get Back in Black by AC/DC on the original album but were never contacted by the band.  Hopefully now that the first one is a major success, they'll be able to get it on this installment.

I would like to see some grunge represented on there.  I hate Nirvana, so plz stick to Alice and Chains or Pearl Jam or Soundgarden you fucking devs, you.

They need some Dio, too.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2006, 18:19 »

I have no idea what songs are in the game at the moment, but I do know that when it comes to pretending to play guitar you can never have enough hair-metal.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2006, 19:06 »

i love Gutiar Hero!!!

"Stellar" by Incubus is really fun.  i pwn at it...on medium anways.

i would love so see some like... like "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" or "Seventy Times Seven" by Brand New on it.  or like...idk..."460 To Nowhere" by Race The Sun.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2007, 09:42 by imapiratearg »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2006, 19:51 »

For the love of god, make that avatar smaller or take it down.

A few more tracks were revealed at an Australian event, so the confirmed setlist so far is:

Arterial Black - Drist
Psychobilly Freakout - The Reverend Horton Heat
Strutter - KISS
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
Who Was in My Room Last Night - Butthole Surfers
You Really Got Me - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen
YYZ - Rush
John the Fisherman - Primus
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
Madhouse - Anthrax
Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue

brain1081

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2006, 15:28 »

I love me some guitar hero.  Just 3 songs left until I have it beat on expert.  I would love to see Metallic listed on the next one.

Rociel

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2006, 18:08 »

Two new songs confirmed for GHII today. Sweet Child o Mine and FREEBIRD. The only problem now is that I'll have to learn how to play a solo AND hold up a lighter at the same time:

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarhero2/media.html

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2006, 23:59 »

OK, this is for the playstation 2, right? Because I will damn well pick up one of them for this game. I can see Friday nights at my house playing YYZ going horribly wrong.

Or horribly right
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Night Rocker

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2006, 00:16 »

right, i think its around 70 bucks. And just grow a 3rd arm for holding the lighter.  Of course nowa days people just holg up there cell phones.
And Lets here some Grateful Dead!

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2006, 00:06 »

Hat, this game is indeed for the PS2, thankfully.

Narr

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2006, 17:07 »

Oh  my god.

FREEBIRD.

I am going to get this fucking game so fucking fast.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2006, 22:27 »

It still needs Iron Maiden. Period. Led Zeppelin and the Who are also fairly glaring omissions, but like I said, getting licensing from Zep is apparently ridiculously difficult.

If a Nevermore or Testament song somehow got in this game, I would probably orgasm.

Night Rocker

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2006, 21:54 »

The who would be great, i would buy it first thing.

RawR?

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #14 on: 29 Aug 2006, 00:02 »

Although I don't have PS2, almost all my friends do and some have GH. I love the game and can't for 2... I hope they put Dragonforce and/or HammerFall on there. On the new difficulty that would just be INSANE (which is also the new name of the difficulty). My friend is going to buy it as soon as it comes out and I'm going to make sure I play it when he does to check out all the killer (and some bad) new songs.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #15 on: 02 Sep 2006, 10:15 »

I beat it on expert a while back, and I am drooling for the next one.

However, I still have all those insanely hard bonus songs to occupy me until then.

Insanely hard. The freezepop song on expert is re-fucking-dicu-fucking-lous.

RawR?

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #16 on: 02 Sep 2006, 17:50 »

You know what... on second thought, I'd rather see a Drum Hero than a Guitar Hero 2. Think how awesome it woudl be to set up a virtual Drum controller! :)

shinyhunter

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #17 on: 05 Sep 2006, 23:29 »

I just started playing Guitar Hero on my friend's ps2. OMG, I love that game. I am really excited for 2, FREEBIRD!!!!

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #18 on: 09 Sep 2006, 09:22 »

Wasn't there a version of this in the arcades 2 or 3 years back?  I know I played some guitar based "DDR Style" game in the arcade, but maybe it wasn't the same title.  This has been bothering me ever since I played the PS2 game and it wasn't quite how I remembered the other one.

ramenXnoodles

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #19 on: 10 Sep 2006, 13:33 »

Yeah, they need to make drum hero so you can get a multitap, 2 guitars, a karoke revolution mic and the drum hero and have FULL BAND HERO.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #20 on: 10 Sep 2006, 13:51 »

I don't know if it's a case of my brain making it up but I could have sworn I read they're actually doing that with the next Guitar Hero.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #21 on: 11 Sep 2006, 21:33 »

Quote from: ALoveSupreme
Wasn't there a version of this in the arcades 2 or 3 years back?  I know I played some guitar based "DDR Style" game in the arcade, but maybe it wasn't the same title.  This has been bothering me ever since I played the PS2 game and it wasn't quite how I remembered the other one.

that would be guitar freaks.

to the previous poster, your brain must be farting.

theyre just making 2player more...real....jam...sessiony?

Narr

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2006, 09:59 »

Quote from: dennis
I beat it on expert a while back, and I am drooling for the next one.

However, I still have all those insanely hard bonus songs to occupy me until then.

Insanely hard. The freezepop song on expert is re-fucking-dicu-fucking-lous.
I got 4 stars on it.  Don't know how, because I can barely beat the song going back to playing the game, but I did it. :O

I tried to get 5 stars on every song.  Only got 3 songs left in the normal lineup (Bark at the Moon and I believe Texas Flood are both at 4 stars while Cowboys from Hell is only at 3 because that song is fucking retarded on Expert).  I think there were like 5 songs in the extended song list I didn't quite make, either.

I really need to go pick it up and play it again.

Narr

Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2006, 19:17 »

Bump

http://www.guitarherogame.com/

The Guitar Hero 2 website is almost up and running.  They have 14 of the final songs up to hear small clips from.

Edit:  Also, the official list has been updated.  Can be found in their forums here.

1. You Really Got Me - Van Halen
2. Strutter - KISS
3. Who was in my room last night - Butthole Surfers
4. Warpigs - Black Sabbath
5. Arterial Black - Drist
6. Psychobilly Freakout - Reverand Horton Heat
7. YYZ - Rush
8. John the Fisherman - Primus
9. Shout At The Devil - Motley Crue
10. Madhouse - Anthrax
11. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
12. Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns N' Roses
13. Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
14. Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Rolling Stones
15. Crazy on You - Heart
16. Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
17. Jessica - Allman Brothers
18. Laid to Rest - Lamb of God
19. Message in a Bottle - The Police
20. Misirlou - Dick Dale
21. Surrender - Cheap Trick
22. Tattooed Love Boys - The Pretenders
23. Them Bones - Alice in Chains
24. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight - Spinal Tap

They have an Alice in Chains song.  <3

dennis

• Lies! Truth!
Re: Guitar Hero <3
« Reply #24 on: 01 Nov 2006, 04:05 »

November 7th!

I played a demo and co-op is everything I dreamed it would be. It's like having 80 songs, rather than 40.

November 7th!

Narr

« Reply #25 on: 01 Nov 2006, 05:09 »

The song list has been officialized, too.  (I would hope so, this close to release.)

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5783

It has TROGDOR on it.  \m/

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #26 on: 01 Nov 2006, 05:41 »

This is probably a reason to get my PS2 fixed. That's super rad.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: 01 Nov 2006, 10:18 »

Don't forget the Deathklok song in there was well

man, I half wish I had a PS2 for this, but I am okay with playing it at my local video game store

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #28 on: 01 Nov 2006, 11:16 »

The licensed songs are kind of disappointing in my opinion. Avenged Sevenfold? Lamb of God? Aerosmith? Warrant?

I'm going to at least wait until more info about the 360 version comes out. Specifically, what songs you'll be able to download and if they'll be better than the ones on the disc. If it turns out they aren't any better, I may cough up for the PS2 version, but maybe not. I'm really disappointed with the song choice this time around. It really feels like for every great song they chose (Hangar 18, Institutionalized, War Pigs, YYZ, Madhouse), they decided to choose a totally awful song to keep the game from being too good.

Narr

« Reply #29 on: 01 Nov 2006, 20:48 »

The licensed songs are kind of disappointing in my opinion. Avenged Sevenfold? Lamb of God? Aerosmith? Warrant?

I'm going to at least wait until more info about the 360 version comes out. Specifically, what songs you'll be able to download and if they'll be better than the ones on the disc. If it turns out they aren't any better, I may cough up for the PS2 version, but maybe not. I'm really disappointed with the song choice this time around. It really feels like for every great song they chose (Hangar 18, Institutionalized, War Pigs, YYZ, Madhouse), they decided to choose a totally awful song to keep the game from being too good.
Beast and the Harlot, regardless of if you like Avenged Sevenfold, will make an awesome song on Guitar Hero.  Seriously, it'll be fun.

There were songs I wasn't too fond of on the original Guitar Hero that ended up growing on me because they were just so fun to play.  I imagine this won't be too different.

And really, not liking a game for being musically diverse as far as recognizable songs go is kind of silly.  If you were making this game, and only included what you personally thought was worthwhile, you'd more likely than not alienate a large potential customer base.

I don't get the appeal of being a music snob.

AdamIsConceited

« Reply #30 on: 01 Nov 2006, 21:43 »

I keep forgetting to pick this up.

I play it often at a coffee shop I frequent.

Much love for this game... it's improved my guitar playing skills to boot! (kidding)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #31 on: 02 Nov 2006, 05:17 »

I'm not trying to be a snob, I just don't want to play a damn Warrant song in order to unlock the Suicidal Tendencies song. It's just like I didn't want to play that damn Sum 41 song the first time around. There were a couple bad songs in the first Guitar Hero, but this time it's just gotten more pronounced. The point is, Lamb of God and Avenged Sevenfold are very big bands, and thus very expensive to license. They could have gotten far better songs for the same amount of money.

And there's still no Iron Maiden or Led Zeppelin, so what the fuck?

Narr

« Reply #32 on: 02 Nov 2006, 08:55 »

Just because a band is big doesn't mean it's hard to acquire a song license from them.  I bet that it wasn't quite as hard to get as you'd think, if it's in the game.

They tried fuckall to attempt to get the Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin licenses, by the way.  If they never hear back from the band (which was the case for AC/DC at the very least), there's nothing they can do, and if the band is pretentious enough to not want their song in a video game, well, they lose out.

I'm not going to say I'm happy about all the choices, but I'm not going to say that I'm just not going to get the game because there's a particular song on it I don't like.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #33 on: 02 Nov 2006, 11:05 »

If there aren't enough songs I want to play, then I won't pay for the game. That's pretty simple, I think.

I know they were trying (apparently they were specifically trying to get The Trooper), but they hit some legal hitch that would have prevented it from getting into the game in time. That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed, though.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
« Reply #34 on: 02 Nov 2006, 18:29 »

Guitar Hero II drops in Australia on the 15th. I'm dusting off the PS2 which has remained untouched by me in three years to play this game. Although $140 for a game is a bit steep, but I'm not paying for it, I love friends who ask me what I want and pay for it during the birthday period.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #35 on: 03 Nov 2006, 03:36 »

FUCKING TROGDOR IS ON GH 2?!? OH I AM SO BUYING THIS GAME... Agreed, now they just need Led Zeppelin, ACDC, The Who, and I'd say, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and maybe Blue Oyster Cult.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #36 on: 03 Nov 2006, 11:14 »

Dude, Hendrix, SRV, and Blue Oyster Cult were all in the first game.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #37 on: 05 Nov 2006, 01:59 »

were they really? I totally didn't get far enough into the game to know that.  The only times I've had to play the game were like at friends' houses, and this oen time where I watched my neighbors house, htey had it, so I played it there.  But I only made it to like the third venue, so I never saw any Hendrix, SRV, or BOC.  Which songs of theirs were on it?
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #38 on: 05 Nov 2006, 10:09 »

There was an instrumental version of Spanish Castle Magic, SRV's song was Texas Flood, and Blue Oyster Cult's was Godzilla.

Narr

« Reply #39 on: 07 Nov 2006, 06:20 »

FUCKING TROGDOR IS ON GH 2?!? OH I AM SO BUYING THIS GAME... Agreed, now they just need Led Zeppelin, ACDC, The Who, and I'd say, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and maybe Blue Oyster Cult.
They tried for Led Zeppelin (their fans demanded it. you should see some of the flaming in the harmonix forums... i swear every other thread is "WHAT? NO FUCKING LED ZEPPELIN?  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS"), and I know for a fact they tried to get AC/DC's Back in Black but simply never got called back by the band's representatives.  I read that in an interview over the first GH that was printed in EGM, and they tried yet again to put it in this one.

Dunno about the who.

But yeah, Hendrix, Vaughn, and BOC are all in the first one.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!
« Reply #40 on: 08 Nov 2006, 04:14 »

My roommate and I went out and bought GH2 at lunchtime and played until I had to go to work. We got halfway done and it's frakking awesome. It's harder, and they tweaked a lot of stuff to make pulloffs and hammerons less irritating.

Also, the new version of the SG controller switched from shiny/sticky plastic on the fret buttons to smooth/textured plastic.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #41 on: 08 Nov 2006, 05:01 »

As much as I am upset about the song choice, I will probably buy this game eventually. I'm just hoping I can resist until more details about the 360 version come out. Considering that there are a TON of games coming out right now, I think I can manage that much.

Narr

« Reply #42 on: 08 Nov 2006, 07:23 »

Bought it today.

Beat it on Easy because you HAVE to if you want to unlock everything.  :S

But I did go play a lot of the songs on Expert and they revamped the difficulty greatly.  As silly as it sounds, adding in having to hit 3 buttons at a time for certain chords makes it quite a bit more difficult, and I imagine the creators have had more experience with how the game works in general so basic rhythms are a lot more complex.

The cover of Heart Shaped Box is really good, too.  I'm not a Nirvana fan, but I do happen to like that song quite a bit.  Thought it was worth mentioning.

ershnuff

• Not quite a lurker
  • Flowin' like water
« Reply #43 on: 09 Nov 2006, 00:01 »

I really am enjoying GH2. Pulloffs and hammer-ons were improved a ton, and I think the line-up covers a larger variation and songs and genres. Some of the stuff is kind of obscure, but it's nice for a change.

Oh, and the Trogdor song from Strong Bad E-mails is on it. I just can't get over how awesome that is.

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #44 on: 10 Nov 2006, 17:38 »

i played the original game at one of my friends party's...i keep forgetting to stum the thingie because i'm so used to fret tapping on some of the songs
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #45 on: 11 Nov 2006, 02:01 »

originally, when I first saw the game, that is... I thought to myself "oh man, if they make a second one with controllers that actually have like six 'strings' and actual frets, that'd be amazing!" now I realize that the general public that does not play the guitar would get all confused.

And, they totally have a controller like that.  It's called a real guitar.  I'm an idiot sometimes.

Narr

« Reply #46 on: 11 Nov 2006, 03:28 »

I am angry.  My memory card decided to corrupt the GH2 data after I 5-starred every song on Easy and Medium, which I only did PURELY so I could unlock the special guitars from the unlock shop.  Time wasted because it wasn't even a challenge.

Also, I love how they have it so the 5th song in any particular bracket is an "encore" now.  It's really funny in the last bracket, which is at Stonehenge.  The crowd starts playing Freebird, and instead of saying "Do you want to do an encore?" it goes "Do you really want to play Freebird?"  It asks about 4 or 5 "You really sure about this one?  It's a rock anthem, so you can't screw this up" type messages after that one, too, which made me laugh.

And they did actually put the whole freakin' song in there.  It's like 10 minutes of solo.

Hog Nose

« Reply #47 on: 12 Nov 2006, 05:48 »

I just beat GHII It Took Like A Day

Lede

« Reply #48 on: 17 Nov 2006, 20:11 »

I played Guitar Hero (and 2) for the first time at my friend's house the other night while in the process of drinking an entire bottle of mead.  My god, this is going to become an obsession, I just know it.  I didn't do as well as I should have due to being ridiculously drunk, but once I realized there's no point playing the game on easy and not much point on playing it on medium except to get used to the controller, we were totally rocking 2P co-op mode.  My friend was jumping around on furniture, which was awesome hilarious.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!
« Reply #49 on: 20 Nov 2006, 00:18 »

my roommate and i started playing it on expert and we cannot get past the third song in the fourth block. the game gets far harder than GH1 ever did in the *third* block.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up