THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 00:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DS Game recomendations  (Read 6731 times)

Phrozen

DS Game recomendations
« on: 06 Jun 2006, 23:13 »

With the DS Lite's release rapidly approaching I'm looking for some games to pick up. Mario Kart is a no brainer but from there I'm not so sure what I'm giong to pick up. I'll be browsing the used section at the local EBs certainly.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2006, 23:23 »

Games I will probably be getting with my (reserved) DS Lite on Sunday:

Mario Kart DS
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
New Super Mario Bros.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

If anyone wants to advise me for or against on these games, feel free.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2006, 23:47 »

^ Definitely the most important ones.

In addition:

Kirby: Canvas Curse
Wario Ware: Touched
Tetris DS(best Tetris game since Tetris!)
Animal Crossing DS(if you're into that sort of thing)
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

CagedinSanity

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2006, 04:18 »

Quote from: Ozymandias

Wario Ware: Touched

That's about all I ever want on DS. I played the demo in Wal-Mart for hours. I remember when I couldn't get past level 5, but now My record is level 54, w00!
I'm sure I'll do better on the REAL version.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2006, 05:10 »

electroplankton. if you can find this one... you might need to order it online... it is strangely addicting and silly.

kirby's canvas curse? if this is the game i am thinking of... it's called 'tatchi kaabi'/touch kirby in japan... then i second this recommendation.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2006, 08:25 »

I need a DS.  Canvas Curse is genius.

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2006, 12:50 »

Age of Empires DS is pretty good - it's a turn based strategy game in the Civilization vein, with a good amount of variety.  The AI can be kind of dumb, though...
Advance Wars, too, of course.  It moves faster, too.

Mario Kart is totally awesome, and I probably play that more than any other game.

I'm still finishing New Super Mario Bros., and it's lots of fun - more like the original Mario than anything later.

Canvas Curse was completely awesome when I was playing it, and then I put it down and never played again.  Same goes for Meteos.

Nintendogs and Animal Crossing were cute for the first week, and then I got really bored with them.

Trace Memory was beautiful and entertaining, but sort of short, and usually with adventure games like that I don't go back and play through more than once.  Some of the puzzles were really creative, though.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

CagedinSanity

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jun 2006, 14:40 »

Nitendogs got some really good ratings, I was shocked. It looks so pointless but reviewers say it's a lot funner than it looks.

Phrozen

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jun 2006, 17:43 »

Thanks for the recomendations guys. I tihnk I'll be picking up Mario Kart, warioware and Advance Wars first... I'll see where things go from there.

Electroplankton looked so incredibly cool. But without any way to record my songs I don't tihnk I could get into it. If I hooked it up to my PC and did little recording sessions I think it could be cool though >.>

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jun 2006, 04:58 »

electroplankton is a totally cool way to pass the time on the train. also to make you dance around a bit on the train so people look at you funny. it is kind of annoying that there's no way to save the songs you make though.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Houdinimachine

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.myspace.com/houdinimachine/
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #10 on: 08 Jun 2006, 08:28 »

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney!
She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

OpenJamie

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2006, 11:28 »

Quote from: Houdinimachine
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney!

Quote from: Phoenix Wright
Hold It!

Rawr_Im_A_Melon

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jun 2006, 11:46 »

Animal Crossings Wild World and The NEW Super Mario Brothers.
Those are seriously the best DS games in the world right now.

Nintendogs is alright, Yoshi touch and go is awesome, Zoo Tycoon sucks, Marvel fighting won't let you unlock the levels ghey, and Kirby Canvas is really fun.
EDIT: Mario Kart also rules when you play DS to DS.

Zombiefish

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jul 2006, 22:36 »

Quote from: toastess
electroplankton is a totally cool way to pass the time on the train. also to make you dance around a bit on the train so people look at you funny. it is kind of annoying that there's no way to save the songs you make though.

What is Electroplankton like?

The last game I bought for the ds was Advance wars, it eats my soul, I love it

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
DS Game recomendations
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jul 2006, 06:33 »

The games that I have that I would recommend.

Tetris DS
It's Tetris with a bunch of new modes that add to, not take away from the experience. New remixes of Nintendo theme from ye olde days that are infectious and fun. Computers with adjustable levels and two kinds of puzzle mode are oodles of fun. WiFi multiplayer makes it more fun than a pillow fight.

Mario Kart DS
A series that has not gone wrong in the past continues in being perhaps the best racing game on the market. New courses as well as old ones, mission mode, new characters and karts. WiFi provides more opponents when you get to the point where you have all of the computers bested.

Metroid Prime: Hunters
I was worried about this one before it came out, I love the Metroid games (in both incarnations) and I didn't want them to make it suck wih the touch screen instead of releasing it on the Gamecube. My fears were aussaged when I picked it up, the screen provides full, reactive, and swift control. Interesting story, fun and challenging opponents. I still haven't beaten it yet, but I'm still playing it. WiFi (with new, selectable players) provides opponents that will kick your ass quickly, but it's a fun slide to the bottom.

Meteos
God, I must have logged about a hundred hours on this game. It's simple, addictive, and requires skill. A must have for the system. if you have a nearby friend, the multiplayer is amazing. If you don't, there are many ways you can set up computer battles so as to have a sliding difficulty level.

Advance Wars DS
I'm terrible at this game, but I still love it. Exactly what you'd expect from an Advance Wars title, with a touch screen that speeds up turns and a second front on some missions that add a new level of difficulty, it's a lot of fun and not just the same game as before.

Kirby's Canvas Curse
The funnest game I've ever lost (Like physically, I miss it so). Lots of fun, innovative, diffcult. A mix of speed and finesse.  A definite need for the system.

I hope my ramblings haven't been too long-winded.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Ghostwriter

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jul 2006, 08:03 »

If you see a new Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, snag it, 'cause it's been discontinued.  It's a really good game, though.  I have almost 20 hours on it so far, and I'm not finished yet.

Advance Wars is good too.  I don't really care for turn-based strategy, but this game is fun and addictive.

Roots

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2006, 14:44 »

mario kart, is the best game for the ds, worth every penny!
Animal crossing; good for about the first month then it drives you nuts. I sold my copy lol....
Feel the magic xy/xx: not a bad game from the people over at sega/sonic team. I was going to buy wario ware touched [I had wario ware inc for the gba] but it was like 50$! and Feel the magic is the same style of minigames, with really neat art style. Its very cool, at least I think so.
Advanced wars: must have! I sware I have wasted manny a nights on this game :D

Sartan

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #17 on: 30 Jul 2006, 16:10 »

I would have to say Lost in Blue. It's a classy survival game by Konami, sequeling their ancient Stranded Kids series. It's hard, as proper survival games should be.

rr112233

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #18 on: 01 Aug 2006, 22:24 »

Sonic Rush - Very very fun, although the music is a bit annoying.  The one thing I expected and didn't find was different levels for both characters.  Instead, the order is just mixed up.  Still, you will like this game.

Lost in Blue - I didn't like it, and I couldn't figure it out.  I don't usually like RPGs, though.  I also hate how it still counts time even when you turn it off.  That's messed up!

Mario Kart - It should be good, but...for some reason I don't really like it.  EDIT: Decided to try it again just now, it's actually pretty good!  I recommend it if you have wireless.

Metroid - Fun!  Online, at least.  Single player kinda sucks.  I haven't played this as much as I should...

Kirby - Fun!  But, as usual, I'm stuck on the last level and haven't touched it in months.

Pac-Pix - Kind of cool, with an unprofessional feel.  It's fun, though.

Feel The Magic XY/XX - Fun fun fun!  Can be a bit frustrating at times and whatnot, but I love it.

Zoo Tycoon - DO NOT GET THIS GAME.

Golden Eye - Surprisingly good 3D game for the DS.  I'm stuck, though.  I hate when that happens.  I recommend this game.

Spiderman 2 - Fun, but gets old after a while.  Good graphics.

Sartan

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #19 on: 02 Aug 2006, 10:36 »

What? Lost in Blue doesn't keep going when it's off. >_>

Fleagle

DS Game recomendations
« Reply #20 on: 02 Aug 2006, 19:32 »

Mario Kart is very fun when using the WiFi mode.
Brain Age is a fun time-waster I guess; it's cheap and "scientific."
New Super Mario is old-school fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up