Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VAUX  (Read 1277 times)

Steyr_Junkie

VAUX
« on: 31 Jul 2006, 06:09 »

I picked up a short album (only 4 songs) when i was at the warped tour by a band named Vaux. Never heard of them, but it was only 5 bucks and I liked the crow on the cover. I listened to it for the first time on the way to work this morning, and I thought I'd post my thoughts on it. The first song "Cocaine James" was a little too chaotic for my taste but not bad. The second song was unremarkable in my mind. The thrid song however caught my attention. Titled "No Rebates" and sounding, to me, very much like a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song. The fourth track was a remix of the first.

Steyr_Junkie

VAUX
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2006, 09:56 »

I'm not too farmiliar with them, but from the little research I've done it looks like they've released 5 or 6 albums. An album is scheduled to be released tomorrow, titled "Beyond Virtue, Beyond Vice".

valley_parade

• coprophage
VAUX
« Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2006, 16:39 »

I saw them at Warped on Wednesday, the day the new album came out. They really impressed me live. I didn't get the EP you mentioned, but I did get the new album (which is beyond awesome!), and they gave me a promo EP, sticker, and live DVD.

Oddly, I also had never heard of them before, but they were the first band playing that morning, so we decided to check them out.

Also, they gave me and my friend each a can of Red Bull, which was nice because it was like 115 with the heat index.

\m/ woo Vaux!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:
Pages: [1]   Go Up