THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Oct 2024, 15:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newb question, torrents  (Read 2599 times)

mysteriousbriefcase

newb question, torrents
« on: 15 Aug 2006, 23:16 »

as a college student making just a hair over minimum wage, most of my money goes towards survival and the occasional show; it's not always easy or economical to buy albums new and old from all of the bands that i like.  jeph is always mentioning torrents in his updates, so i decided to get azureus, and now my question is, what are some good sites for getting torrents?  i can never seem to find what i want, and have spent a bit of next months rent on itunes... i apologize in advance if there is already a discussion on this, i searched but couldn't find anything comprehensive.  my wallet, and eardrums, thank you in advance.

alic3sw0nd3rland

newb question, torrents
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2006, 00:06 »

Torrentspy.com

!!!CPAOI!!!

newb question, torrents
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2006, 05:23 »

I was actually wondering the smae thing.  I'm typically able to find what I want but it seems more difficult than it should be.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
newb question, torrents
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2006, 09:20 »

Now if I were a bad person I would tell you that Torrent Spy, ISO Hunt, and The Pirate's Bay are good places to find collections of torrents. If I were a bad person I would tell you that your google homepage can have a little thing added to it that can search any one of these.

But I'm not a bad person, now am I?
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
newb question, torrents
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2006, 09:52 »

STFU, NOOB

Actually, torrentspy, torrent reactor et al are decent, but the good stuff is on the invite-only sites (no leachers, better quality). This might be a good place to try for an invite, but it's old and might have gone off-topic. I have a demonoid I never use, so I'll see if I have an invite later.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
newb question, torrents
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2006, 10:48 »

Now that we're talking about torrents again I sort of have a backlog of #indietorrent invites. If anyone who can keep a decent ratio and actively contributes to the forums wants one, just ask.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
newb question, torrents
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2006, 11:12 »

I'll take one, Rubby.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Rubby

newb question, torrents
« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2006, 11:25 »

PM me your email.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
newb question, torrents
« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2006, 11:55 »

Would Rubby like to send one to me? I'll PM you my email thing.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Rubby

newb question, torrents
« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2006, 12:06 »

Sent and sent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up