THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 21:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just something i was wondering  (Read 2916 times)

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
just something i was wondering
« on: 23 Aug 2006, 19:35 »

does anybody listen to Dashboard Confessional?
it wouldn't surprise me if nobody did.
idk, i like acoustic stuff  a lot. and he does almost entirely acoustic stuff.
and i was curious as to whether or not anyone else like his stuff.

Marked

« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2006, 19:42 »

You like acoustic stuff? You should check out M. Ward.  Much better than this "dashboard confessional" and their "radio play."

But seriously, check him out.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2006, 20:14 »

Dashboard Confessional.  Nope.

As for acoustic stuff, I don't know, I don't listen to a ton of acoustic stuff.  I suppose some Neutral Milk Hotel would be acoustic.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2006, 20:25 »

Acoustic...

Try some Current 93, Sol Invictus, Backworld, Of The Wand and The Moon, Changes, Nick Drake, Paul Giovanni, In Gowan Ring, Thee Majesty, early Bob Dylan, Rose Clouds... era Death in June, Darkwood, Nebelhexe, or just anyone with an acoustic guitar who isn't pants, really.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

!!!CPAOI!!!

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2006, 20:39 »

Double.

!!!CPAOI!!!

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2006, 20:42 »

I definitely second Khar's suggestion of Nick Drake, he is incredible.  To the thread starter: you catch a lot of flak on this forum for a number of reasons, but that's not really important.  I'm not going to sit here and pointlessly insult your music any more than has already been done, but seriously listen to suggestions that you get on this forum.  I feel that you just haven't been exposed to a lot of really good music and that your somewhat adolescent tastes are simply the result of underexposure to the good stuff.  Branch out and grow, you won't regret it.  A lot of what you hear is going to be radically different than what you're used to, but that's kind of the point.  Good luck.

Download Fisherman's Woman by Emiliana Torrini and give it a spin, it's a great acoustic album.

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2006, 08:46 »

I'm going to go ahead and say that I really really liked Dashboard a lot junior year of HS and on for a few years (about 2000/2001 on).  I don't listen to it as much because it got really played out really quick, and his newer work just doesn't have much staying power at all.  Still, for great pop songwriting, I think the So Impossible EP is an incredible, succinct work, and from time to time I can indulge in Places, Swiss Army or Drowning.

To throw in another suggestion (I wont condescend to say this music is better), I would suggest Owen, off Polyvinyl.  Lyricly, it's very similar, whiny acoustic, but I think Kinsella's guitar lines are a lot more dynamic.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2006, 09:33 »

I'd suspect you could have saved the time you used to make this thread by bending over and asking to get assfucked.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2006, 10:00 »

Quote from: ALoveSupreme

To throw in another suggestion (I wont condescend to say this music is better), I would suggest Owen, off Polyvinyl.  Lyricly, it's very similar, whiny acoustic, but I think Kinsella's guitar lines are a lot more dynamic.

Man, I haven't even heard this dude, but he sounds cool, simply because he's on Polyvinyl and has performed with Aloha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up