THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 14:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email Managing Program  (Read 2884 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Email Managing Program
« on: 23 Aug 2006, 14:42 »

I need a free email managing program.
and i need it today.

the only requirement is that when sending emails to a group of contacts and it finds an invalid email address it wont stop sending the message, it will just skip that contact and keep going. is that too much to ask?
please help me out here. this is very important. my boss is very angry right now and i'd like to avoid being punched or fired.

if anyone knows an email manager that will do that, please let me know.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
Email Managing Program
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2006, 14:47 »

My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Email Managing Program
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2006, 16:03 »

thank you for the help mberan.
thunderbird is infinitely better than outlook....but it still suffers from the same crippling defect.
is there some way to get around it? a way to tell it not to do that perhaps?

or is that just something that all mail managers do? it seems like such a simple thing to avoid. if you were using hotmail or something like that you would just get back a reciept that said it couldnt be delivered....but nooo...these fancy programs nowadays have to prevent you from sending it in the first place; preventing you from sending anything else in the process.

somebody please help me fix this. i really dont wanna keep having to try to send an email, have it get denied, find the culprit in my address book, delete said culprit, then repeat over and over again until all the invalid email addresses are gone.

New Info: i took a break from typing this to work on the email thing some more and when i sent it to ferret out the bad contacts, it actually got sent instead! i promptly got back 7 reciepts telling me that a number of messages couldnt be sent.
if you thought i was confused before; you should see me now. i dont even know what to think.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

mberan42

Email Managing Program
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2006, 20:16 »

I don't understand your problem exactly...

You're trying to mail 1 message to 10 people? (Just throwing out a number there.)

Message sends fine to 1.
Message sends fine to 2.
Message sends fine to 3.
Message sends fine to 4.
Message sends fine to 5.
Message sends fine to 6.
Message can't be sent to 7.
Message doesn't even send to 8.
Message doesn't even send to 9.
Message doesn't even send to 10.

That correct?
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Email Managing Program
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2006, 10:16 »

sort of. if it cant be sent to #7, it wont get sent to anyone. which just seems really stupid to me.

Garcin

Email Managing Program
« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2006, 12:33 »

That's ridiculous.  I've never heard of a client that does that.  Outlook doesn't do that, and outlook is horrible (we have to use it for work anyway, natch).  Basically, switch to any other client in the whole world, and you will not have this problem.

mberan42

Email Managing Program
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2006, 12:57 »

Oh. That is odd. How is it not sending to anyone if it can't send to #7? Is it pinging (for lack of a better word) all e-mail addresses before it actually sends it?

That's my only thought - it's pinging the addresses first. If it comes up with a busted/non-existant address, it doesn't send at all.

Strange.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Email Managing Program
« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2006, 13:53 »

i am now using thunderbird and it does the same thing. i think it actually has something to do with my virus protection software, somehow. anyway, i figured out a real gankey way to fix it that seems to be working "fine."

i just try to send it, find out which email it wont send to, and delete it. bummer for that client, i guess but thats what they get for having stupid verizon whitewall or whatever that shit is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up