THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 10:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: metal suggestions?  (Read 41246 times)

CutMan

• Obscure cultural reference
  • "Reality is almost always wrong."
Re: metal suggestions?
« Reply #150 on: 02 Dec 2006, 16:10 »

Silly 'tards. Listen to

NAPALM DEATH.

No, don't just listen to them, listen to "You Suffer". On repeat.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #151 on: 02 Dec 2006, 22:10 »

Have I pimped Arsis in this thead yet? Because more people should listen to Arsis.

I like 'em a little bit, but I ain't too happy about James Malone's love affair with symettric major third lines.  It's getting kinda old.  That being said, A Diamond For Disease is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #152 on: 03 Dec 2006, 00:08 »

"You Suffer" is quickly turning into Old Meme
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2006, 10:06 by David_Dovey »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Misguider

« Reply #153 on: 03 Dec 2006, 04:16 »

Demilich. Just for laughs. Google em on their site you can get almost all their songs. The lead singers vocals sound like a constant belch. Funny Stuff.

CutMan

« Reply #154 on: 03 Dec 2006, 04:47 »

"You Suffer" is quickly turning into [img=http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Old_meme>http://Old Meme[/img]

Old? Yes. Too short to ever really get old by listening standards? Yes. It's on my list of songs that are just there, they may be old, but it's some kind of classic. Like- and I hope I don't get crucified by someone for this comparison, but hey, I love risks, Master of Puppets. Gotten old? Yes. Mentioned constantly? Yes.

But is it a classic? Yes.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2006, 05:56 by Trollstormur »

Kicker of Elves

« Reply #155 on: 03 Dec 2006, 05:46 »

Like- and I hope I don't get crucified by someone for this comparison, but hey, I love
risks, Master of Puppets. Gotten old? Yes. Mentioned constantly? Yes.

Metallica sucks, but I say that cheerfully and with no lack of respect for their listeners. It wouldn't be wise for me to diss Metallica fans, for I am guilty of something stronger: I hate pretty much aaalllll metal I've ever heard. So it goes.
On Metallica, though, "Damage Inc." is a pretty great song.

alexalexalex

« Reply #156 on: 03 Dec 2006, 07:19 »

I only like S&M, for real

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #157 on: 03 Dec 2006, 21:42 »

Have I pimped Arsis in this thead yet? Because more people should listen to Arsis.

I like 'em a little bit, but I ain't too happy about James Malone's love affair with symettric major third lines.  It's getting kinda old.  That being said, A Diamond For Disease is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.

I got over Arsis, like, two years ago. I always thought them exceptional mainly because of the drumming tbh. Van Dyne's pretty much up there with Hellhammer in my book.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #158 on: 04 Dec 2006, 00:29 »

Well uh... I still like them.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

!!!CPAOI!!!

« Reply #159 on: 04 Dec 2006, 03:38 »

I still like them too.  They fill a very specific musical need for me.  Can anyone recommend other bands in the same vein?  I like the BM influenced vocals.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #160 on: 04 Dec 2006, 07:18 »

I like 'em a little bit, but I ain't too happy about James Malone's love affair with symettric major third lines.? It's getting kinda old.? That being said, A Diamond For Disease is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.

I got over Arsis, like, two years ago. I always thought them exceptional mainly because of the drumming tbh. Van Dyne's pretty much up there with Hellhammer in my book.

Yeah, he's pretty kickass, but A Diamond For Disease is a good enough reason for me to continue to like the band.  I orgasm everytime I hear the guitar break.  What do you think of Tomas Corn?
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #161 on: 04 Dec 2006, 10:09 »

Old? Yes. Too short to ever really get old by listening standards? Yes. It's on my list of songs that are just there, they may be old, but it's some kind of classic. Like- and I hope I don't get crucified by someone for this comparison, but hey, I love risks, Master of Puppets. Gotten old? Yes. Mentioned constantly? Yes.

I mentioned "You Suffer" as being Old Meme because it would seem that a great deal of the times it's mentioned is in jest. It just seems that every time the words "Napalm" and "Death" are put together on the internet, the next post is inevitably going to be something along the lines of "LOL You Suffer LOL."
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #162 on: 04 Dec 2006, 10:23 »

My metal suggestion is not to listen to metal at all.

But I kid!!

(forgiveness, please)

CutMan

« Reply #163 on: 04 Dec 2006, 13:05 »

Great, you just had to do this,  now we have to crush your skull into pieces, harvest what's left of your brain, and mix it all into a soup.... You have any idea how much trouble that is?

I mentioned "You Suffer" as being Old Meme because it would seem that a great deal of the times it's mentioned is in jest. It just seems that every time the words "Napalm" and "Death" are put together on the internet, the next post is inevitably going to be something along the lines of "LOL You Suffer LOL."

Ah, well, I wasn't really making fun of it or jesting. So that's atleast a little differrent than what I was doing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up