THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 23:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Really Likes to Play WoW...  (Read 11556 times)

Leon

John Really Likes to Play WoW...
« on: 07 Jun 2006, 17:30 »

Seriously. It's that bad.

Staralfur

« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2006, 20:18 »

Everybody I know that plays wow is fat.

One of them smells like human shit. :[

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2006, 20:23 »

That was an amazing post.

I am pretty much totally opposed to WoW. Too many people are far too addicted and it needs to stop.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2006, 21:48 »

I used to play WoW.  I only stopped because I lost interest.  I may actually re-open my account at some point later this year.  I know a bunch of people who play WoW who aren't fat.  I know a bunch of Suicide Girls (including the cute one you can usually see in the Indieclick banner) that play WoW.  WoW is just a fucking game, people.  The MMORPG genre may have its fair share of problems, addiction included, but at the core it is still just another game.

Making fun of people who play WoW is kind of like picking a soft target, anyway.  You know that there is already negative sentiment there, so you're more likely to be able to say "LOL, AMIRITE?!" and get a few people agreeing than you are to say, criticise Halo or FEAR, even though it's pretty much the exact same thing.  In every bracket of anything anywhere there's always gonna be a bunch of morons that do their darndest to fuck it up for everyone else, whether it be by being lazy, easily-addicted idiots or by being antagonistic, vindictive assholes.

Houdinimachine

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.myspace.com/houdinimachine/
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2006, 22:01 »

FOR THE HORDE.... that is funny stuff. The rest was boring, but a guy committing suicide in real life to FOR THE HORDE is brilliant. That tree had it comin. Fuckin night elves.
She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2006, 23:42 »

Est gets an interwub high five.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Alegis

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jun 2006, 07:02 »

Hey, I ain't that fat !

Ah man, hilarious page.
Played it for a damn long time (14months retail + several beta). Quite felt like it 'dang missed raid', life is a lot more chill right now..

"LINNENS?"

Garcin

« Reply #7 on: 08 Jun 2006, 09:37 »

Quote from: est
The MMORPG genre may have its fair share of problems, addiction included, but at the core it is still just another game.

With over 6 million players worldwide, there are bound to be players both reinforcing and debunking the "nerd in mother's basement" stereotype.  MMORPGs are just another form of escapism, and like any other method of escapism, be it video games, online forums for webcomics, blowing rails off hookers' asses, or watching HBO, they're personally destructive when done in excess.

That being said, MMORPGs get special attention because, unlike with most other video games, the company billing monthly profits in direct proportion to their ability to give their players the sense that they are engaged long enough for the next update or expansion to come out.  Whereas with Starcraft, Blizzard took home the same amount for the casual and obsessed gamers, the fact that the vast majority of the new content coming out in WoW skews to the habitual raiders leaves little doubt who makes Blizzard money.

Consider that WoW was released in November, 2004.  Assuming that the average player raiding Naxxramas once 1.11 is released has played on average 15 hours a week since release (which I think is conservative), that means that the average gamer enjoying new content has devoted about 1200 hours to the game.  Or about 2/3 what the average person spends at work in a year.  Does that sound moderate?

rive gauche

« Reply #8 on: 08 Jun 2006, 13:28 »

I am totally e-baying my account now.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jun 2006, 16:12 »

Quote from: tommydski
i don't know what WoW is i'm afraid.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Artakserksis

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2006, 01:33 »

WoW is good indeed, but it's not better than real life. If someone plays it all the day, I suggest him that he goes outside his house to realize the beauty of real life.

surreality

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2006, 11:30 »

this post is FTW

Sanitycult

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2006, 19:08 »

real life? I'm all for getting a real life, doing 'real' things, blah, blah, but come on: is WoW or any other MMORPG any less real than sitting in a cubicle all day writing aquisition reports?  Is it any more real than flipping burgers or standing for hours at a mcd's cash register telling the thousandth customer that the Mc Rib was discontinued a long time ago and you cant serve them hash browns cause it's lunch now? Wow is just as lame as real life, i'm sure in the post mortal world we are all made fun of for our unhealthy obsession with "getting a job", "joining a church", "getting married" or whatever.

rawrXskittles

• Curry sauce
  • OH JEEZ OH DANG OH JEEZ
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jun 2006, 17:39 »

I don't see why people are so opposed to MMORPGs. They're just games. The people who play them can be ugly, fat, and smelly (like my brother) or skinny, beautiful, and pleasant smelling (like my brother's friend's girlfriend).

And let's look at it this way. Would you rather these people be indoors playing a videogame or outside, LARPing? Because I think if there weren't fantasy games and such there would be a whole lot more LARPers.
Believe not in you who believes in you, but me who believes in you!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jun 2006, 19:25 »

she speaks the truth, people.

anything that lessens the amount of LARP in the world is a good thing.

Faw

« Reply #15 on: 11 Jun 2006, 22:10 »

I used to LARP.  When i was eight and spun in circles in my backyard with a stick in hand screeching "AAAAAH GOBLINS KILL THE GOBLINS AAAAAHHH!!!!"  I played WoW for a good while, but i found more fun things in life.  Like alcohol and sex.

Sanitycult

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jun 2006, 22:50 »

My girl used to Larp, can you imagine that? A girl?  I'm in the guinnuss book of world records for discovering her.  Oh, and may I say, congradulations. Drinking and sex is what life is truley about.  I like tequilla.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2006, 07:59 »

Quote from: Staralfur
Everybody I know that plays wow is fat.

One of them smells like human shit. :[

I play WoW and I'm underweight.

I am getting quite tired of 'kill 10 blah and I will give you blah' over and over again, though. And I'm only level 21!

Faw

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jun 2006, 09:51 »

yeah fetch quests and kill a thon quests are the bane of the mmorpg.  well that, and the other people that play them.

rive gauche

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jun 2006, 16:02 »

Quote from: rawrXskittles
I don't see why people are so opposed to MMORPGs. They're just games. The people who play them can be ugly, fat, and smelly (like my brother) or skinny, beautiful, and pleasant smelling (like my brother's friend's girlfriend).

And let's look at it this way. Would you rather these people be indoors playing a videogame or outside, LARPing? Because I think if there weren't fantasy games and such there would be a whole lot more LARPers.

Pffft... LARPing pwns. Check out these cool guys:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7521044027821122670

dizzydezzy

« Reply #20 on: 18 Jun 2006, 22:58 »

That post is hilarious, and does illustrate people who play that game perfectly. Now log on so my hunter can kick your butt :P

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jun 2006, 10:50 »

What are LARPers?  I'm a bit ignorant . .

Garcin

« Reply #22 on: 19 Jun 2006, 11:40 »

You gots to wikipedia that shit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larp

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #23 on: 19 Jun 2006, 19:10 »

LARPing is like Fight Club but for smellier people without any chance for actual exitement or pain.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Sanitycult

« Reply #24 on: 20 Jun 2006, 08:58 »

that link is a little hard to watch.  I had to beat up three nerds after i saw it.  My eyes turned red, my skin turned green, I ripped off my shirt and just beat the hell out of some vampires. Then I felt ashamed cause, i'm half nerd myself.  (Ma was a book worm, dad was a disco bandit.)

Leon

« Reply #25 on: 10 Aug 2006, 12:20 »

NECROPOST. eheheh. This is still a valid point.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #26 on: 16 Aug 2006, 07:17 »

Quote from: ironoxide887
LARPing is like Fight Club but for smellier people without any chance for actual exitement or pain.

Two of my friends (both hot girls; how about that o.o;) once invited me to see a LARP with them. One of the guys there who played an orc had this fake axe made out of wood, and he hit some other guy who was a knight right in the head with it so hard it shattered. The other guys face was bleeding all over.

I still feel guilty for laughing instead of helping that poor sod, but I couldn't help it.

Night Rocker

« Reply #27 on: 16 Aug 2006, 12:21 »

Without LARPing i would never surive school.  I just imagine that my teacher is goblin/orc/orc whore/ect and the only way to defeat her/him is to take notes and do my homework. God my life sucks.

Also: Timmy Shit himself again!

haha funniest comic i've see that is random

Sixleaf

« Reply #28 on: 26 Aug 2006, 11:25 »

That comic was so funny.

I think I play WOW more than I would another game just because I have to pay to play it, and if I don't play, I feel like I'm wasting my money.

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
« Reply #29 on: 26 Aug 2006, 13:22 »

I played World of Warcraft for the duration of my 10-day trial, at the end of which I was just beginning to get bored. I did play City of Heroes for a while, but not religiously (it took me about 10 months to hit the level cap).

Also: www.whoresofwarcraft.com
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #30 on: 26 Aug 2006, 13:27 »

Quote from: Astaldo

Best. Idea. EVER.

Seriously, I can't figure out it it's a joke or not, but either way it's friggin' hilarious.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

mysteriousbriefcase

« Reply #31 on: 26 Aug 2006, 14:54 »

whores of warcraft is going to make some horny geeky fanboys very happy.

Leon

« Reply #32 on: 30 Aug 2006, 02:26 »

Quote from: Storm Rider
Quote from: Astaldo

Best. Idea. EVER.

Seriously, I can't figure out it it's a joke or not, but either way it's friggin' hilarious.

That's delicious. Particularly the blonde in the one piece-breastplate thingymabob. I'm going to be sad if it's fake, and I don't even play WoW.  Srsly.

Narr

« Reply #33 on: 30 Aug 2006, 09:11 »

I hadn't seen this comic until today, and I think it's absolutely hilarious.

I play WoW quite a bit, I admit, but really it's from lack of stuff to do.  If I'm ever invited to anything or know about something I can just show up to, or am able to plan an event myself, I go do that instead.  RL > Video Games.

Alegis

« Reply #34 on: 30 Aug 2006, 09:52 »

Thats amazing. Try doing that WHEN YOU GOT THE JOIN THE RAID OR THE DRAGONSTALKER BREASTPLATE MIGHT NOT BE YOURS FOR MONTHS!

Leon

« Reply #35 on: 31 Aug 2006, 19:48 »

Dude it's totally like that. Your guild is like Raid at 9:00 pm PST be there or you're fucked and you don't get that epic gear you've been waiting 3 months for. Then your friend calls and you're like fuck you, I'm playing WoW. That happens like every night. Not to me... but I have friends that play.

Alarra

« Reply #36 on: 06 Sep 2006, 13:43 »

I quit WoW recently, and all my friends have been quite upset with me over it.

Although it seems not so much that I quit playing, but that by quiting I took my '60s' with me....

See, my cute little priest took it upon herself to chat up random level 60s so that we'd always have someone online ready to drop everything and run us through instances, give me money, etc....Apparently they miss them.

Frankly, I'm glad to have dropped that addiction, at least for awhile.

And we're not all fat.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #37 on: 06 Sep 2006, 23:37 »

Why couldn't folks just develop debilitating drug addications instead? People jacked up on smack don't tie up my ISP's resources. Or how about good old fashioned Alcoholism? ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR THE VICES OF YOUR FOREFATHERS?!?
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk
Pages: [1]   Go Up